Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Looked it up to talk a friend off the ledge. Looks like the sweet spot is to get your game in shape and finish strong without shooting your, ya know.

Cup champs since lockout, last 20 regular season games.

06 -- Carolina -- 9-8-3

07 -- Anaheim -- 15-4-1

08 -- Detroit -- 12-6-2

09 -- Pittsburgh -- 15-2-3

10 -- Chicago -- 11-6-3

11 -- Boston -- 10-6-4

12 -- LA -- 12-5-3

13 -- Chicago -- 13-5-2

14 -- LA -- 12-6-2

Nope, that argument is dead. In data provided by the AHL, just 5.6 percent of games this season (through March 3) in the league have ended in the shootout, which is down dramatically from 15.6 percent last season. Of the games that remain tied after regulation, 18.6 percent are decided in overtime, compared to just 8.5 percent last season.

I would have expressed that a little differently.  Something like, "In both this season and last, roughly 1 in 4 (24% both years) games played were tied at the end of regulation.  However, this year 77% of those games ended in OT versus just 35% last year."

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25109369/look-andrew-hamburglar-hammond-wins-fan-throws-hamburgers-to-ice

Ottawa goaltender Andrew Hammond is on quite a run. He’s 10-0-1 this year, with a 1.39 goals against average and .955 save percentage. Not bad for a guy with one NHL game played in his career prior.

Looked it up to talk a friend off the ledge. Looks like the sweet spot is to get your game in shape and finish strong without shooting your, ya know.

Cup champs since lockout, last 20 regular season games.

06 -- Carolina -- 9-8-3

07 -- Anaheim -- 15-4-1

08 -- Detroit -- 12-6-2

09 -- Pittsburgh -- 15-2-3

10 -- Chicago -- 11-6-3

11 -- Boston -- 10-6-4

12 -- LA -- 12-5-3

13 -- Chicago -- 13-5-2

14 -- LA -- 12-6-2

Wouldn't most of those be right in line with their overall win percentage of that entire season? While those are decent numbers, they don't appear to be hot or cold. 

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25109369/look-andrew-hamburglar-hammond-wins-fan-throws-hamburgers-to-ice

Ottawa goaltender Andrew Hammond is on quite a run. He’s 10-0-1 this year, with a 1.39 goals against average and .955 save percentage. Not bad for a guy with one NHL game played in his career prior.

Patrick Lalime 2.0?

The Penguins just might be the most easily rattled team I have ever watched. You'd think after 5 years of the opposition getting under their skin and then sitting back to watch them self-destruct, that the Pens might figure it out after a while. 

They have the persona of their captain.  Can't say as I am too surprised.  If I was them and they felt confident in Malkin staying healthy I would trade Crosby.  Of course that's me.. but then again Gretzky was traded. :)

They have the persona of their captain.  Can't say as I am too surprised.  If I was them and they felt confident in Malkin staying healthy I would trade Crosby.  Of course that's me.. but then again Gretzky was traded. :)

Would you trade the first pick in this draft for Sid?

I would.

I'd take a proven generational talent over a possibility of one everyday and twice on Sunday.

Sid has proved himself in this league.

If it weren't for his injuries I would consider it... But he's too fragile. I say no.

I would.

I'd take a proven generational talent over a possibility of one everyday and twice on Sunday.

He's also going to lose a step or two in the next year, is semi injury prone and sure he's a generational talent about to hit the other side of 30.  Sorry, no thanks.  If you want to trade it for Steven Stamkos, I'm more than happy to haggle. 

He's also going to lose a step or two in the next year, is semi injury prone and sure he's a generational talent about to hit the other side of 30. Sorry, no thanks. If you want to trade it for Steven Stamkos, I'm more than happy to haggle.

So he can walk in free agency in two years? :p no thanks. Give me the generational talent that is under organizational control for a while.

I'd be far more lenient with the number two pick but I'm probably still not trading it.

I would.

Pure logic says your right, but..

Emotionally speaking, I want my own farm raised, watch him grow generational talent. I want the Sabres to take this once in a hockey fans life time chance and run  with it. I want to see him and a team mature together and win together. That is what this year has been about to me.  

I wouldn't.  McDavid is a cost-controlled asset for the next few years, is 9 years younger, hasn't missed major time from concussions, and looks like Bubbles.

He looks more like Bieber than Bubbles, but the 9 years younger thing cannot be overstated.

Emotionally speaking, I want my own farm raised, watch him grow generational talent. I want the Sabres to take this once in a hockey fans life time chance and run  with it. I want to see him and a team mature together and win together. That is what this year has been about to me.  

:thumbsup:

Pure logic says your right, but..

Perreault ...

;)

Perreault ...

;)

Yes!

But even I was but a young lad then, not truly able to comprehend what was happening, and the magic of the time. If I have to wait another 40 years, I dare say I will probably be in the same mental state as I was for the Perreault era, and hopefully as happy!

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA  1m

@BuffaloSabres are open for business. GM Tim Murray told counterparts he is willing to trade his second 1st round pick in '15 for right deal

That could be a good move. It's a shame the Isles pick the year we have their pick to all of a sudden be great. Now Snow looks like he knows what he's doing - which, um, maybe he did all along...

No way he trades it if it was another top 5 unless he had 2 & 5 and wanted 1.

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA  1m

@BuffaloSabres are open for business. GM Tim Murray told counterparts he is willing to trade his second 1st round pick in '15 for right deal

Ryan freaking O'Riley 

This draft has become our Catalina Wine Mixer 

Edited by WildComrade

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.