Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

The Rangers might steal their thunder this year but things are looking up on the Island.

With the Isles moving to Brooklyn next year the Isles are going to be the hot "new" thing for a while...

Figures the Isles go from a bottom-dweller to a top team the year we have their first rounder.

The Oilers are already losing 4 - 0 and the second period just started.

I'm really worried now. They are taking this tanking thing to a whole new level.

They ended up thing the game 4-4 but Pittsburgh scored about 30 seconds after I turned it on.

I feel for their fans. I hate the Oilers but..... all those first picks....and you still suck...perpetual Darkness

Seriously.  The Sabres have done everything they could to be bad and they are having trouble staying below a team with an entire line (if they want) of #1 overall picks.  Everyone involved there should ashamed.

Seriously.  The Sabres have done everything they could to be bad and they are having trouble staying below a team with an entire line (if they want) of #1 overall picks.  Everyone involved there should ashamed.

You said it. MacT should be run out of town. Depending on how you look at it , glass half full/glass half empty. Some would probably say he's been successful.

Other than 1st round picks right?

I might even argue that given the right mind and the right beer

That might make a good thread: The Oiler's Problems/Model. I'd like to see everyone opinions on what/who they could have specifically gone after, with some stats/analysis to back it. 

That might make a good thread: The Oiler's Problems/Model. I'd like to see everyone opinions on what/who they could have specifically gone after, with some stats/analysis to back it.

I think their biggest issues have been drafting after the first and not addressing Goaltending or defense.

Geez with the Sharks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25106154/joe-thornton-on-sharks-gm-doug-needs-to-shut-his-mouth

f6RgwQcV_bigger.jpegDavid Pollak Verified account @PollakOnSharks

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."

Edited by That Aud Smell

Fun. The Sabres should follow suit (and then get better creative people):

Penguins translate players' names to Gaelic for special warmup jerseys http://cbsprt.co/1MyQzgv 

CAANBHnUIAAjPe8.jpg

Edited by That Aud Smell

Geez with the Sharks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25106154/joe-thornton-on-sharks-gm-doug-needs-to-shut-his-mouth

f6RgwQcV_bigger.jpegDavid Pollak Verified account @PollakOnSharks

Simmering issues boiling over in SJ. #SJSharks Thornton on latest from GM Wilson on taking away the 'C': "Doug needs to shut his mouth."

I'd say Joe should be available this offseason and Wilson might be looking for a job.

Fun. The Sabres should follow suit (and then get better creative people):

Penguins translate players' names to Gaelic for special warmup jerseys http://cbsprt.co/1MyQzgv 

CAANBHnUIAAjPe8.jpg

Shaone Morrisonn ->  :beer:  Shaone Morrisonn  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:

Edited by IKnowPhysics

With one point tonight (blowing a 4-3 lead with under 4 minutes left), the lead over the Oilers is no longer definitive.  By that, I mean that the Sabres have two games in hand and a one ROW lead on the tie breaker, so winning both of those GIH in regulation would put the Sabres into 29th with 13 games to go.  I believe that the Oilers have the head-to-head lead (i.e., they did better), so any other outcome of those two GIH would leave the Sabres in 30th.

With one point tonight (blowing a 4-3 lead with under 4 minutes left), the lead over the Oilers is no longer definitive.  By that, I mean that the Sabres have two games in hand and a one ROW lead on the tie breaker, so winning both of those GIH in regulation would put the Sabres into 29th with 13 games to go.  I believe that the Oilers have the head-to-head lead (i.e., they did better), so any other outcome of those two GIH would leave the Sabres in 30th.

I'm of the opinion that this whole season was for naught as Toronto will end up with McDavid and Yotes will end up with Eichel.   The league NEEDS McDavid in Toronto and they NEED Eichel in Zona to save the flagship franchise and the leaky boat franchise.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.