Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

never quite latched onto the comedy here, since a strike is only bad in baseball for 50% of the players involved, while the rest probably appreciate it.

or did they mean a work stoppage?

My advanced stats tell me it's only bad for 10% of the players on the field at the time, although you can argue how much each player is involved.

So who are we looking at for awards to this point in the season? Have to imagine Ovechkin is now in the Hart talk, but so is another familiar name: Patrick Kane. He'd get my vote if the season ended today. Currently leads the league in points. Just having an incredible year for the Hawks.

Carey Price has stormed in and taken the lead for the Vezina from Pekka Rinne. It'll take an absolute collapse by both for it not to be one of them.

Peter Laviolette has to be a lock for the Jack Adams at this point.

Norris seems to be Shea Weber's to lose.

Forsberg and Ekblad are racing for the Calder. Right now I still give the edge to Forsberg.

d4rksabre, on 19 Feb 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:d4rksabre, on 19 Feb 2015 - 8:57 PM, said:

I'm going to continue to say that he'll retire as a Sabre until it comes true. 

If Ovechkin were to come here, Nolan would be the perfect coach.  No specific system, no specific directive but to "go out and play your game and work hard" which is pretty much all Ovechkin does.*

* That is, when Ovechkin wants to.

Edited by Zhvikov Sizzlemeistovich

If Ovechkin were to come here, Nolan would be the perfect coach. No specific system, no specific directive but to "go out and play your game and work hard" which is pretty much all Ovechkin does.*

* That is, when Ovechkin wants to.

But didn't the NHL make a new rule a couple of years ago that prevents the Sabres from taking one timers from the circle on the power play? There goes half of Ovi's goals.

Hey, is anyone else enjoying the Bruins' struggles right now?  They only took two of possible four points out of Alberta this week.

Panthers only one point behind them for final Wild Card.

Doesn't get easier in the short term for the B's, as they play in St. Louis and In Chicago next two games.

I really don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but it is fun to see the sky-is-falling attitude among their fans - at least the ones who still follow the team!

The Bruins had better not miss the playoffs, because (as another poster already postulated) it'd be no surprise if they won the lottery!  :censored:

Hey, is anyone else enjoying the Bruins' struggles right now?  They only took two of possible four points out of Alberta this week.

Panthers only one point behind them for final Wild Card.

Doesn't get easier in the short term for the B's, as they play in St. Louis and In Chicago next two games.

I really don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but it is fun to see the sky-is-falling attitude among their fans - at least the ones who still follow the team!

The Bruins had better not miss the playoffs, because (as another poster already postulated) it'd be no surprise if they won the lottery!  :censored:

Oh, I am loving it. They won a Cup, yes. There is that. No one can take that away from them. But the motherfunking sky IS falling, blitches!

This piece was good on the subject: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25074140/nhl-trade-chains-a-decade-of-the-bruins-trading-star-players

p.s. Park Meadow, baby! Let's go get eaten by some bears.

Oh, I am loving it. They won a Cup, yes. There is that. No one can take that away from them. But the motherfunking sky IS falling, blitches!

This piece was good on the subject: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25074140/nhl-trade-chains-a-decade-of-the-bruins-trading-star-players

p.s. Park Meadow, baby! Let's go get eaten by some bears.

Very interesting. That is why I was always opposed to those Myers for prospects and picks deals.

Not that he's Thornton, but you never want to deal talent for potential unless you are forced to.

Bruins fans will say they won the cup, but that had more to do with getting lucky with Bergeron and Lucic, plus signing Chara.

Edited by Djuda Chekhov

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.