Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

I think Edmonton could make a climb up the rankings. If they don't do it this season.... one or more of their first rounders in the past 5 years are going to be shown the door.

I know the Islanders are the favored pick to have a jump up the standings. But I really think things are gonna implode on that team. I see a few players regressing from high years and I think Halek will continue the tradition of horrible goaltending on the island.

Florida I don't know. They got Lou back so I guess anything is possible for them

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/57681-Exhockey-player-faces-drug-sale-charges-related-to-death-of-New-York-Rangers-Boogaard-in-2011.html

Don't know if it has been posted before.

A former minor league hockey player has been arrested on charges he sold illegally obtained prescription painkillers to former hockey player Derek Boogaard of the Rangers and the Minnesota Wild who died of an accidental overdose. Jordan Hart was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, on charges in a federal indictment unsealed in New York.

Pro-rated for the lockout, Colorado improved by 45 points last year.

Any bottom-feeder capable of a similar turnaround this year?

Florida? Edmonton? The Islanders?

I maintain the Isles will be much I proved. I think Florida also has a chance to be less terrible. Edmonton maybe, but their goaltending is still so uncertain. Ironically, I think the Avs are poised to come back down to earth a bit. Still a playoff team, but my money is on a bottom-three seed.

I maintain the Isles will be much I proved. I think Florida also has a chance to be less terrible. Edmonton maybe, but their goaltending defense is still so uncertain. Ironically, I think the Avs are poised to come back down to earth a bit. Still a playoff team, but my money is on a bottom-three seed.

Corrected that for you :P

edit: well guess you can centerdepth to that also. Their goalie situation looks fine though with scrivens and fasth.

Edited by Heimdall

I maintain the Isles will be much I proved. I think Florida also has a chance to be less terrible. Edmonton maybe, but their goaltending is still so uncertain. Ironically, I think the Avs are poised to come back down to earth a bit. Still a playoff team, but my money is on a bottom-three seed.

Yeah, I really should get a side bet going with you and LGR on the Isles, because I'm not seeing it.

Edmonton is the team that has the most in common with the Avs. There's a reasonable chance they'll be better, but I don't see a huge leap unless one of their goalies really turns it on.

Edited by dudacek

Yeah, I really should get a side bet going with you and LGR on the Isles, because I'm not seeing it.

Edmonton is the team that has the most in common with the Avs. There's a reasonable chance they'll be better, but I don't see a huge leap unless one of their goalies really turns it on.

I'm in. The Isles added more than the Oilers did this offseason. Ryan Strome was a revelation to end the year. Reinhart should make the roster and possibly Pulock although that is less likely. Scott Mayfield will start in NY most likely. They have Dal Colle in the system which will be a year away at least but still around. Tavares is coming back. They added Kulemin and Grabovski two guys with good puck possession numbers. Halak as a GT is better than Nabokov was.

They improved ever position they could and last year were terrible because of defense both with the forwards and the defenders themselves. I don't see that being the same issue especially with Halak in the net.

Canadiens go with four A's, and no C.

Bxk9GwYIYAERCTV.jpg

LeBrun tweet said Sens' are considering doing the same.

Also, there is something genuinely weird about that photo. My favorite elements, the guy second from the left (I will not pretend to know who he is) has terrific Euro-trash white shoes (so, yeah, he must be a Euro). Markov looks like he came for a Bond villain casting call.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Canadiens go with four A's, and no C.

Bxk9GwYIYAERCTV.jpg

LeBrun tweet said Sens' are considering doing the same.

Also, there is something genuinely weird about that photo. My favorite elements, the guy second from the left (I will not pretend to know who he is) has terrific Euro-trash white shoes (so, yeah, he must be a Euro). Markov looks like he came for a Bond villain casting call.

The guy second from the left is

Plekanec.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.