Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

LGR4GM

Those "in the business" are often times the worst offenders.

You mean like some media members suddenly thinking Hackett should be considered for Bills head coach based solely on the fact that Fred Jackson said he was held back? Yea, you're probably right. :P

Hey, who was it that said that he wouldn't be surprised if Werenski and Provorov pass Kylington?

Still not 100% sold with Crouse as #3 but he is an intriguing prospect.

Friday night, Erie plays London on Sportsnet here in Canada. Will be good game to see Stome, McDavid, Baptiste and Marner

It's tough to be sold on a prospect that has an NHL body in Juniors. He'll be decidedly average size in the NHL, will his game translate.

I'm not sure 6'4 is average size in the NHL. I also think the key is he actually uses his size. When Myers came out I remember us being so happy that the Sabres finally had someone with size but it was said multiple times one of his knocks is he doesn't play overly physical for that size. I'm sure Crouse won't be as bullish his rookie year as he is in juniors but I think some guys either have the ability/instinct to play physical or they don't. He has it and looks like a guy that would be a huge asset come playoff time. Not to mention his speed which I think is incredible for his size. Once again, please don't anyone confuse this with me wanting him with a top 5 pick.

I'm not sure 6'4 is average size in the NHL. I also think the key is he actually uses his size. When Myers came out I remember us being so happy that the Sabres finally had someone with size but it was said multiple times one of his knocks is he doesn't play overly physical for that size. I'm sure Crouse won't be as bullish his rookie year as he is in juniors but I think some guys either have the ability/instinct to play physical or they don't. He has it and looks like a guy that would be a huge asset come playoff time. Not to mention his speed which I think is incredible for his size. Once again, please don't anyone confuse this with me wanting him with a top 5 pick.

What Derrico said. He projects to be a 6'5" 230 pounder winger who forechecks like Girgensons and might have a similar skill set.

Not the elite skill package we need most, but there is a lot to like there.

What Derrico said. He projects to be a 6'5" 230 pounder winger who forechecks like Girgensons and might have a similar skill set.

Not the elite skill package we need most, but there is a lot to like there.

Tons to like. Just not enough for a top 5 pick and not sure there is enough for a top 10 pick.

To endure two bad seasons and come away with anything other than 1 of the top 2 spots in the draft would be very, very disappointing. Selecting a Defenseman at all could set the rebuild back a year or two. The sabres really need the scoring that McEichel should provide in either goals or assists. Even to get Crouse, who appears to be ranked third in some rankings, would be a big drop off from McEichel.

This would be about the worst thing that could ever happen to the Sabres... Ever

I don't have time to look it up right now, but I think they've gone 0 for the century on Sabres picks.

The other firsts were a G and another D. Is this guy even trying?

Sick day today and spent way too much time watching YouTube highlight videos. The more I watch, the more I am warming to Marner. Undeniable skill, and while not optimum sized, he plays big. Also, in many of the videos he is on Domi's line and they are similarly sized.

The other firsts were a G and another D. Is this guy even trying?

No. This site is some thrown-together click bait. It's a shame that it even is posted here.

Those of you who haven't clicked and are considering it, well, do the world a favor and don't.

Craig Button's Post WJC Draft Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/cr...d-neck-1.177115

1. McDavid 2. Eichel 3. Marner 4. Strome 5. Hanifin

12. Crouse

Marner blowing away the rest of the OHL finally got him to #3. Strome keeping a 1.4 ppg pace after McDavid got hurt put him ahead of Hanifin too, I guess.

Trading up for our 2nd pick of 2015 would be appeal in this scenario too, with Rantanen (11), Crouse (12), Harkins (13), Boeser (15), Zacha (17), and Barzal (18).

And Korostelev at #46 (!!!!!!!!).

Marner blowing away the rest of the OHL finally got him to #3. Strome keeping a 1.4 ppg pace after McDavid got hurt put him ahead of Hanifin too, I guess.

Trading up for our 2nd pick of 2015 would be appeal in this scenario too, with Rantanen (11), Crouse (12), Harkins (13), Boeser (15), Zacha (17), and Barzal (18).

And Korostelev at #46 (!!!!!!!!).

I was surprised ISS had Crouse at three based mostly on his WJC Play. I am the farthest thing from a NHL Scout, but Marner has more points in the past six games then Crouse has all season (granted he has only played 24 games).

Craig Button's Post WJC Draft Rankings

http://www.tsn.ca/cr...d-neck-1.177115

1. McDavid 2. Eichel 3. Marner 4. Strome 5. Hanifin

12. Crouse

That looks closer to reality.

I was surprised ISS had Crouse at three based mostly on his WJC Play. I am the farthest thing from a NHL Scout, but Marner has more points in the past six games then Crouse has all season (granted he has only played 24 games).

Crouse has NHL size. Marner however has NHL skill. Crouse is the safer of the two picks but Marner has higher upside.