2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Pysyk is the guy missed above.

As far as I'm concerned, he and Risto are on the team.

Myers, Gorges, Weber and Meszaros round out the starting six.

Seventh spot/first callup will be shared/fought for by McCabe, Nikita, Ruhwedel and Strachan.

Knew I was missing somebody. I doubt Stachan factors in, at all. I just think they may as well give JL a shot at some point.

you want a bold prediction? Stafford gets named captain to start the season, by the christmas break he is leading the team in most offensive categories including ice time for forwards, by the all star break (he gets on the team as the token sabre's rep) he signs a contract extension with a limited no trade clause. also to make this conform with the topic............ Samson centers the stafford line and we all argue about if stafford made samson or samson made stafford's year

I was actually thinking the same a couple of days ago

mostly I just like that he plays the game with his physical skills rather than crazy mental games. I loved Ryan, but I'm ready for a guy who plays with reaction rather than positioning.

Hasek 2.0, you heard it here first.

I know Ullmark had a bangup regular season for MODO, but I watch Makarov instantly adjust to the AHL and keep it going in the playoffs. He has the "thing" that goalies need. Ullmark is probably too good to keep on the bench, that's the only reason I see him traded a few years from now.

Ullmark would make a nice back up though :D

Pysyk is the guy missed above.

As far as I'm concerned, he and Risto are on the team.

Myers, Gorges, Weber and Meszaros round out the starting six.

Seventh spot/first callup will be shared/fought for by McCabe, Nikita, Ruhwedel and Strachan.

I don't want a kid in the 7th slot. If that's the route they're going, I'd much rather bump Weber to 7 and at the kid. With all of this though, I could really see them bringing in another vet on a one year deal.

Edited by shrader

I don't want a kid in the 7th slit. If that's the route they're going, I'd much rather bump Weber to 7 and at the kid. With all of this though, I could really see them bringing in another vet on a one year deal.

They could use the 7th as a swing spot that gets a couple games here and there in place of Weber. That way a bunch of young guys can get some mild experience.

Keep saying nice things about Risto and I won't be able to chide you about being a xenophobe much longer :(

Risto, Big Z and Gus are doing a good job of converting me. Grig and Armia...not so much

I don't want a kid in the 7th slit.

I thought kids came out of the 1st slit? :unsure: and how did you get up to 7? I mean 3 are pretty obvious but 7. I mean are you counting armpits, knee bends and fat rolls?

Too far? :)

Edited by inkman

Risto, Big Z and Gus are doing a good job of converting me. Grig and Armia...not so much

I thought kids came out of the 1st slit? :unsure: and how did you get up to 7? I mean 3 are pretty obvious but 7. I mean are you counting armpits, knee bends and fat rolls?

ear canals and nostrils maybe if you have a micro, plus the main three… annnnnd that takes it too far

Auto-correct makes for a more entertaining world.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated List from Jonathan Willis:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2140821-ranking-the-buffalo-sabres-top-10-prospects#articles/2140821-ranking-the-buffalo-sabres-top-10-prospects

This list of 10 is excellent even without including Rasmus Ristolainen, Mark Pysyk, Zemgus Girgensons, Mikhail Grigorenko, Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, Luke Adam and others.

Give it a couple more years. I don't think we'll be in that conversation until 2019 at the earliest... And that's if a lot of these guys reach their potential.

OMFG. Five years? I'm sure there are a ton of suits in the arena who hope you're the typical fan, but come on, young laddy. You might have that much time, but I don't! (And, importantly, I don't think GMTM would agree with your assessment.)

Bleacher report is what it is but it was a decent write up. I was surprised Carrier was not listed in the top 10. Then again I went through the list looking for who should be removed and I couldn't come up with one. The future is bright. ONE MORE TANK!

OMFG. Five years? I'm sure there are a ton of suits in the arena who hope you're the typical fan, but come on, young laddy. You might have that much time, but I don't! (And, importantly, I don't think GMTM would agree with your assessment.)

I almost threw up in my mouth when he wrote that. I remember joking about Darcy's twenty year plan about a decade ago. Who knew that that is now some fans best case scenario? :sick:

Five years without McDavid/Eichel. It changes if one of those guys comes in and plays to their potential early.

C- Reinhart - (Grigoenko/Hodgson/Ennis) - Girgensons

RW - (2015 Draft Pick/UFA/Ennis) - Gionta - (Compher/Armia/etc.)

LW - Moulson - Carrier - Foligno

D - Myers/(Gorges/Pysyk)/Risto/Zadarov

G - Makarov/Ullmark

Those guys, plus any trades for players we make, should be really good, competing for the top of the Atlantic by the 2016-17 season. You throw Eichel/McDavid in there and we are scary good that season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.