2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Whether I have heard of him or not, asking why he was on the "scratches" list that night would not be "trolling."

However, the 2000 draft would have been my junior year in high school, and I was not into the NHL draft then, like I am now.

Like I said, I have heard of some of those names before...I just didn't understand (and still don't) why they were on the lineup/scratches roster that night?

Haha, I know you wouldn't know this but the swedish stamkos is the first player I moved up in the rankings so far (he was below everyone you mentioned until I updated the list. Funny that you mentioned this. I'm a little higher on him than most low draft picks just because I have a thing for the SHL. But arguing over the rankings in the 35-45 range is all opinion in my mind and I think anyone could argue for any of those guys to be ranked ahead of each other. Chances are, neither adam of olofsson get a permanent spot on the sabres.

Also, the way I rank everyone is by what I think a realistic ceiling is for the player as of now, and what their chances are to reach that ceiling. All those players I gave the lowest ceiling (bottom 6 ) with the lowest chance of getting there (1/5). So they all are ranked in the same category with one another, its just someone has to be listed first. THe hope is some of them do enough this season where they can move up in the categories. I'm not more educated on our prospects than you anyone here, that's for sure.

Touché. I certainly wasn't insulting your work, or your intelligence...I was just curious about a few things.

As for Olofsson, I like the kid and was happy about taking a flier on him in the 7th round...but comparing him to Stamkos, that just blew my mind.

Then again, every player needs a role model and somebody to aspire to be at the NHL level, so I would never knock the kid for that, at all. Kind of reminds me of last year when Connor Hurley (I think) likened his game to Patrick Kane, and Paul Hamilton laughed at the kid. Again, they need some kind of goal...might as well dream big.

Either way, I am extremely excited about the young kids this team has stock piled...and I expect a big run out of Rochester this year. Then, hopefully by next year, the best of the best young kids are ready to step up in Buffalo...free agents are ready to join them...and this thing can get rolling sooner than expected! :-)

If you get the Big Ten Network, plenty of opportunities this year to see Compher and Fasching(see attachment)...

Also several chances to see Notre Dame in action(prospects Cal Peterson and Connor Hurley)...

http://www.und.com/s...ckey-sched.html

Thank you for this, I will absolutely watch every game that I can watch...I love college hockey. (and college basketball)

Go Lemieux! Absolutel love that we'll be seeing this in a few years. He already has a lot of composure, and he'll only get better. Hopefully Connor McDavid joins him as a teammate this season and next.... ;) in Buffalo.

Man, I can't wait to get this season started and over with! what a messed up season this will be, cheering against the Sabres and Islanders, Blues and cheering for the Laffs (dont want them anywhere near the draft lottery)

I know. It's the first (and hopefully last) year I will actually be cheering for Toronto wins. It is a strange season but atleast we have rooting interests in other games (Isles, Blues), our prospect watch and the trade deadline to hold us over. I can't wait for June so I can start rooting for wins again.

Sabre ? prospect Joseph Blandisi leads the OHL in scoring. I expect the lead to disappear when the Erie Otters play their 5th game.

Blandisi was drafted by Colorado in 2012, unsigned, invited to the Sabres' camp this season, assigned by Buffalo to the OHL. Is he Sabre property? I don't know. He's not one of the 50 contracts. Eliteprospects.com says Blandisi reminds them of Steve Ott.

He looks ready to play a mans game.

Agreed. Everyone seems to think it's a foregone conclusion that he comes up once Reino heads to Jrs. Given the injuries, I'm not certain that's the move I'd endorse. Give Grigs 40 games in the A to hone his game and call him up after the deadline moves.

This is the year Armia and Grigorenko are expected to make th jump and look like they are top 5 prospects. I'm not saying they need to break out in the nhl, but they need to produce in the AHL, no excuses. And if they get called up, I just want them to look like competent NHLers.

I think we may see that which is exciting and would help the 2015 sabres drastically (these are our two prized point producers). But I agree with ink, I want to see some dominance in the AHL before a call up, preferably over 40 games as well

@mikemorrealeNHL: Buffalo Sabres prospect Hudson Fasching (University of Minnesota) was named Big 10 Conference First Star of the Week. Had 2-1-3 in 2 gms.

And in terms of future Sabres prospects, apparently Hockey East doesn't want to hand Eichel their rookie of the week award every single week. He put up 2 goals and 2 assists in game (in league even), but they gave the award to a kid who scored two goals over two games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.