2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

C- Reinhart - (Grigoenko/Hodgson/Ennis) - Girgensons

RW - (2015 Draft Pick/UFA/Ennis) - Gionta - (Compher/Armia/etc.)

LW - Moulson - Carrier - Foligno

D - Myers/(Gorges/Pysyk)/Risto/Zadarov

G - Makarov/Ullmark

Those guys, plus any trades for players we make, should be really good, competing for the top of the Atlantic by the 2016-17 season. You throw Eichel/McDavid in there and we are scary good that season.

That RW you are looking for is named Nicholas Baptiste. Also don't forget Jake McCabe.

That RW you are looking for is named Nicholas Baptiste. Also don't forget Jake McCabe.

I'd bet that the odds of that RW being Stafford are better than the odds both a 2nd and 3rd (Compher and Baptiste) round pick making it.

Edited by MattPie

I'd bet that the odds of that RW being Stafford are better than the odds both a 2nd and 3rd (Compher and Baptiste) round pick making it.

Well the one thing to remember about Baptiste is he was drafted in a very deep class and was 1 of the younger players taken. On top of that even at the draft he was billed if I recall as a boom or bust type guy. If Baptiste hits, you could be looking at a very solid RW with Pominville type production but with much more grit.

Food for thought, Nick Baptiste is closer in age to Sam Reinhart than he is to Ristolainen.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It took me a little while to find his draft report:

http://lastwordonsports.com/2013/06/16/nick-baptiste-2013-nhl-draft-player-profile-63/

A solid second half included a run of 26 points in 27 games down the stretch.

He continued his hot play with 8 points in 7 games in the tournament finishing in a tie for 2nd on the team in scoring (behind the phenom Connor McDavid) and helping Team Canada bring home a Gold Medal.

There is an outside shot that his 2nd half offensive explosion was a sign of things to come and that he’ll be able to continue developping into a top 6 forward.

Bleacher report is what it is but it was a decent write up. I was surprised Carrier was not listed in the top 10. Then again I went through the list looking for who should be removed and I couldn't come up with one. The future is bright. ONE MORE TANK!

It is Bleacher Report, but Jonathan Willis, the author of the article, is well respected amongst hockey writers for his prospect rankings.

I don't have issues with Bleacher Report like many do. At least not articles that are done by known journalists... But I'm still not going to read the words of a slide show.

It'd be like writing a "10 things you should know about losing weight" article and expecting that obese lazy person browsing that page to actually read the contents. Give me the bolded and that's all I need.

JT Compher sustained a hand injury yesterday in USA's 7-1 win and is out for the remainder of the USA camp but is still on the team. No report as to how bad of an injury but rumor is it was from a blocked shot so... prob a broken/bruised bone.

The Callahan comparisons may be more accurate than we'd like.

Two new charts today. One here, the other in the 2015 Draft.

This is the Sabres' pipeline. I added some former prospects like Ennis, Hodgson, and Zagrapan to give you an idea how the kids compare. To do this right, I would need to chart everyone (like the 2014 draft, but much bigger, since I'm usually charting 4 ages.), so you could compare Baptiste to everyone his size, but that would take months of work, so I present this with some reservation. If you click the yellow buttons along the top you can see the different age groups, or click all to see all the dots and lines.

To summarize, what I get isn't too far from Numark, and very close to Liger

1. Reinhart

2. Risto

3. McCabe

4. Baptiste

5. Fasching

6. Zadorov

7. Grigorenko

8. Compher

9. Possler

10. Carrier

This is the Sabres' pipeline. I added some former prospects like Ennis, Hodgson, and Zagrapan to give you an idea how the kids compare. To do this right, I would need to chart everyone (like the 2014 draft, but much bigger, since I'm usually charting 4 ages.), so you could compare Baptiste to everyone his size, but that would take months of work, so I present this with some reservation. If you click the yellow buttons along the top you can see the different age groups, or click all to see all the dots and lines.

1. Reinhart

2. Risto

3. McCabe

4. Baptiste

5. Fasching

6. Zadorov

7. Grigorenko

8. Compher

9. Possler

10. Carrier

I don't remember what I said originally but I tend to agree with your list. I also agree with your Zykov comment even though I do love Compher's game.

It appears to me, if I am reading your chart correctly, that Baptiste with his combination of Size and Production has made the largest jump in terms of value being ranked a bit above Grigorenko at age 18. I also see that Possler (who I hope has a healthy season) is slightly better than Ennis at the same age. The one thing I do like seeing is how close to Kassian's 18yr totals Carrier and Girgensons are considering the similar size and skill set.

I hope you continue to do these and update them as I am curious to see the trends. One thing I will say is that Barbashev appears if I understand your numbers correctly to rank higher than say Lemiuex, technically speaking they are in different weight/height brackets but not by enough. Also Eric Cornel versus Dakota Joshua should be something to watch because according to the valuations, Joshua is better than Cornel.

1. Reinhart

2. Risto

3. McCabe

4. Baptiste

5. Fasching

6. Zadorov

7. Grigorenko

8. Compher

9. Possler

10. Carrier

Until I see Grigs this year, I have a hard time putting him

• 2 weeks later...

And Bump.

So Die by the Blade is doing their top 25 under 25 list and are currently on #19 Hudson Fasching. It is some interesting reading if you are bored this summer. http://www.diebytheblade.com/2014/8/27/6072895/buffalo-sabres-top-25-under-25-18-hudson-fasching

This past season Fasching produced right out of the gate, being named the Big East third star of the week in November, when he led all Big Ten freshmen in goals and points. His play early on rocketed up his stock in the Los Angeles organization.

Also we have 8 players in ESPN's top 100 prospects list. One thing to note is that Linus Ullmark and Nick Baptiste are not on the ESPN list and that's a joke but I do give them props for Possler. http://www.diebytheblade.com/2014/8/13/5999097/buffalo-sabres-8-prospects-espn-top-100

#5 - Sam Reinhart

#17 - Mikhail Grigorenko

#21 - Nikita Zadorov

#44 - Hudson Fasching

#51 - J.T. Compher

#60 - Joel Armia

#69 - Gustav Possler

#72 - Jake McCabe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.