2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

This prospect pool is downright ###### ridiculous. We have about 30 guys who have true potential to make an impact at the NHL level. Obviously all 30 won't, but there's a solid chance that at least half of them find their way to the NHL.

Bleacher Report has come a long way. They have legitimate writers and reporters and good content more often, but WOW they have a long way to go.

Their new top 50 prospects features two Buffalo Sabres: Zadorov at 8 and Reinhart at 4... No Risto. Could argue that Grigs is still a better prospect than some of them.

Sam Reinhart is smarter and better then everyone in the system. There is not a close second.

Right. Mostly because most of our forward prospects suck a giant dick. We'll be lucky to see 3 of them develop into NHL players.

Bleacher Report has come a long way. They have legitimate writers and reporters and good content more often, but WOW they have a long way to go.

Their new top 50 prospects features two Buffalo Sabres: Zadorov at 8 and Reinhart at 4... No Risto. Could argue that Grigs is still a better prospect than some of them.

Grigorenko is a ###### hair away from being a bust

Odd opinion of Hackett

Was it anything other than, "he'll be gone soon"?

This prospect pool is downright ###### ridiculous. We have about 30 guys who have true potential to make an impact at the NHL level. Obviously all 30 won't, but there's a solid chance that at least half of them find their way to the NHL.

I only see NHL potential in the top 10, excluding Grigorenko. He'll be gone in a year.

Right. Mostly because most of our forward prospects suck a giant dick. We'll be lucky to see 3 of them develop into NHL players.

Grigorenko is a ###### hair away from being a bust

Was it anything other than, "he'll be gone soon"?

It was pretty much that he's their goalie of the future.

Clearly hadn't seen him play in at least a couple of years.

That's going too far.

I think for-sure NHLers include Reinhart, Lemieux, Compher...

OK maybe you're right :cry:

Really feeling a lot of positive energy out of Ink.

It is what it is. Our prospects are Risto, Zadorov, Reinhart, Compher, McCabe, Lemieux, Fasching, and maybe Armia. I don't have any hope for any of the rest. No one else should.

That's going too far.

I think for-sure NHLers include Reinhart, Lemieux, Compher...

OK maybe you're right :cry:

Nail meet hammer :)

It was pretty much that he's their goalie of the future.

Clearly hadn't seen him play in at least a couple of years.

Yeah that coupled with the draft experts claiming The same thing (maybe that is what you are referring to), these aholes aren't doing their homework. What a way to immediately lose all credibility. I hope someone takes these losers to task. At least 4 goalies showed better promise than Hackett last year.

• 2 weeks later...

It is what it is. Our prospects are Risto, Zadorov, Reinhart, Compher, McCabe, Lemieux, Fasching, and maybe Armia. I don't have any hope for any of the rest. No one else should.

I some how missed this post. Ullmark, Possler, Bailey, Baptiste and perhaps Carrier. Not to mention probably 2 of the 3 first rounders next year and 1 of the seconds. That gives us 16 prospects that should grace an NHL roster.

I some how missed this post. Ullmark, Possler, Bailey, Baptiste and perhaps Carrier. Not to mention probably 2 of the 3 first rounders next year and 1 of the seconds. That gives us 16 prospects that should grace an NHL roster.

Outside of top 5 picks, the chances of these guys are anything more than roster filler is no more than 50%.

Outside of top 5 picks, the chances of these guys are anything more than roster filler is no more than 50%.

So with the five listed, there is a .5 ^ 5 chance that they all are nothing more than roster filler. So a 97% chance that at least one of them "hits." I love those odds.

I thought we were listing prospects with NHL potential?

I thought we were listing guys that are going to play in the NHL. To your point, all those picks have NHL potential but to my point, less than half will probably have NHL careers. Which is why it's good to have so many picks, increasing the odds of developing solid NHL players. If in 5-7 years, if 6 of those players are contributing NHL players, I call it a win.

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.