2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

Varone and Adam have been around long enough that people are concluding they have reached their ceiling (good AHL player). Adam has been around longer and had more NHL chances, so his rope. Is shorter than Varone's.

Schaller is entering his second year pro and Kea is a rookie, so there is still room for some hope they could evolve into NHL role players.

Edited by dudacek

Varone and Adam have been around long enough that people are concluding they have reached their ceiling (good AHL player). Adam has been around longer and had more NHL chances, so his rope. Is shorter than Varone's.

Schaller is entering his second year pro and Kea is a rookie, so there is still room for some hope they could evolve into NHL role players.

Schaller, Varone and Adam are all the same age...but I was pointing out how Varone and Adam actually score, Schaller is a defensive forward, as is Kea.

I guess I just can't understand how someone has reached their ceiling at the age of 23...and in Adam's case, after only 87 NHL games. (In which he scored 26 points.)

26 points in 87 games for a 3rd or 4th liner is about as close as you could get to evolving into an "NHL role player."

It says he was compared to Stamkos when he visited Buffalo.

And Luke Adam has been one of the Amerks best and consistent players recently...yet somebody like Justin Kea is rated higher than him? Makes no sense. Phil Varone has been mentioned as possibly making the Sabres, yet his point production last year was no better than Luke Adam's...so if one is written off, the other should be too.

Also, Tim Schaller is rated ahead of both Varone and Adam? That's confusing, given they have plenty of 4th liners and need more offensive production.

But, why is the "Swedish Stamkos" rated #37? Lol. (That one is a joke! :-p But, I really do like Olofsson and Karabacek.)

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that Numark did a great job compiling the list, as usual...I just don't understand/agree with some of the ratings, especially those.

PS. What happened to Brad Navin and Judd Peterson? Also, who is Vasily Bizyayev, Vjateslav Buravchikov, Denis Denisov, Denis Ezhov, Artem Kriukov, Maxim Sheviev and Pavel Voroshnin? (They were mentioned on the "scratches" last night, as was Corey Fienhage, but I know he was let go a while back.)

I can typically name every player and prospect in the organization, but those names? Denisov and Kriukov ring a bell, but I have no clue from where?

My only conclusion from this post is that you are trolling SabreSpace.

Mentioning decade old busts as current prospects?

Schaller, Varone and Adam are all the same age...but I was pointing out how Varone and Adam actually score, Schaller is a defensive forward, as is Kea.

I guess I just can't understand how someone has reached their ceiling at the age of 23...and in Adam's case, after only 87 NHL games. (In which he scored 26 points.)

26 points in 87 games for a 3rd or 4th liner is about as close as you could get to evolving into an "NHL role player."

Actually, most forwards have shown their ceilings by the time they are 23 or 24. There are late developers, but they are typically college players or late-round picks, not high picks six years removed from their draft year.

Luke Adam is an offensive player who isn't good enough to play his game at NHL speed and doesn't have the necessary elements in his game to transition to a banger or a checker on the lower lines. He's had his chance.

Regarding Victor Olofsson

It took me a while to realize why I missed him, it's because he was an overager, as such, CSS doesn't put him on the list of players available. He's Baptiste's age. He's a bit small.

I have Olofsson north of Luke Adam, so I think he'll be a marginal NHL player, which is pretty good for a 7th round pick. Would I have taken him? Not with Engvall(Toronto 7th) and Holmstrom(Detroit 7th) still on the board, but if I was chosing, neither Engvall nor Holmstrom would have been there in the 7th. But comparing him to Stamkos? No.

I won't produce any charts right now, it's all a mess, Christmas at the earliest, May is more realistic.

On a different prospect note, I understand that games aren't played behind a microphone, but you've gotta be impressed with Lemieux and McCabe. Just watched locker room interviews on the Sabres site and they just come across as articulate, assertive men, not 18-and 20-year-old boys.

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=668

http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=668

Edited by dudacek

My only conclusion from this post is that you are trolling SabreSpace.

Mentioning decade old busts as current prospects?

Luke Adam, Phil Varone, Justin Kea, Victor Olofsson, Vaclav Karabacek, Tim Schaller...please, tell me who of those prospects are a "decade old?"

Maybe you need to learn to read a little bit better. ;)

And if you need a link...here you go!

Go ahead, look at the "scratches" listed for last night's game against Carolina.

Who's the "troll" now?

Edited by Bob Malooga

Luke Adam, Phil Varone, Justin Kea, Victor Olofsson, Vaclav Karabacek, Tim Schaller...please, tell me who of those prospects are a "decade old?"

Maybe you need to learn to read a little bit better. ;)

And if you need a link...here you go!

Go ahead, look at the "scratches" listed for last night's game against Carolina.

Who's the "troll" now?

So you've never heard of this guy?

http://twopadstack.net/worst-picks-buffalo-sabres-history-artem-kryukov/

And Luke Adam has been one of the Amerks best and consistent players recently...yet somebody like Justin Kea is rated higher than him? Makes no sense. Phil Varone has been mentioned as possibly making the Sabres, yet his point production last year was no better than Luke Adam's...so if one is written off, the other should be too.

Also, Tim Schaller is rated ahead of both Varone and Adam? That's confusing, given they have plenty of 4th liners and need more offensive production.

Haha, I know you wouldn't know this but the swedish stamkos is the first player I moved up in the rankings so far (he was below everyone you mentioned until I updated the list. Funny that you mentioned this. I'm a little higher on him than most low draft picks just because I have a thing for the SHL. But arguing over the rankings in the 35-45 range is all opinion in my mind and I think anyone could argue for any of those guys to be ranked ahead of each other. Chances are, neither adam of olofsson get a permanent spot on the sabres.

Also, the way I rank everyone is by what I think a realistic ceiling is for the player as of now, and what their chances are to reach that ceiling. All those players I gave the lowest ceiling (bottom 6 ) with the lowest chance of getting there (1/5). So they all are ranked in the same category with one another, its just someone has to be listed first. THe hope is some of them do enough this season where they can move up in the categories. I'm not more educated on our prospects than you anyone here, that's for sure.

Edited by Numark

On a different prospect note, I understand that games aren't played behind a microphone, but you've gotta be impressed with Lemieux and McCabe. Just watched locker room interviews on the Sabres site and they just come across as articulate, assertive men, not 18-and 20-year-old boys.

http://video.sabres....nsole?catid=668

http://video.sabres....nsole?catid=668

Jake McCabe's interview was good but LMAO! "Yea that first shift when Pysser went down" If Mark Pysyk's nickname is Pysser, I am highly amused.

Ya I think there are already a few that have that potential. Guys like Possler and even a third rounder like Baptist seem to fit that bill. He's a goaltender so it happens more often than players but Ullmark, a former 6th round pick, also looks like he could very well be the real deal.

Here is a crazy loophole that the Dallas Stars have just taken advantage of:

Julius Honka Drafted out of the WHL can play with their AHL affiliate because they say he was "loaned" to Swift Current all of last season

http://www.defending...ahl-texas-stars

This happens while the Sabres non North American prospects waste a year of development in the CHL. Would be great if Sabres can figure out a similar loop hole to free Nikita!

Edited by Crusader1969

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.