First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I have Chicago beating Montreal.

That series would be incredible to watch. Original 6, a Canadian team back in the finals (Montreal's first appearance since 1993), and the two best crowds in the league. Chicago beating Montreal, that would be my dream Finals

The matchups are official:

Boston - Detroit

Pittsburgh - Columbus

Tampa - Montreal

Philadelphia - NYR

Colorado - Minnesota

Anaheim - Dallas

Chicago - St. Louis

San Jose - Los Angeles

Detroit beats Beantown

Pitt comes out over the Jackets, But it will be close (my dark horse for most entertaining first round series in the east)

Montreal and Tampa go to 7, and Bishop steals the show

I think Philly takes it to the Rangers.

Im gonna take Minny over Colorado

Anaheim over Dallas

Miller stuns the Hawks

LA over the sharks.

Final

St Louis over Detroit

Edited by BuffaloSoldier2010

1st Round Winners

Colorado

Chicago

Anaheim

LAK

Boston

Montreal

Pittsburgh

Rangers

Round 2 Winners

Chicago

LAK

Boston

Pittsburgh

Round 3 Winners

Chicago

Boston

Winner

Chicago

So I pretty much feel this year's playoffs will end up very similair to last year.

Boston - Detroit X. Benny sez........Puck Possesers can give Boston all they can handle...but Chowdaheads in 7

Pittsburgh - Columbus X. Benny sez........Columbus is getting closer, but the high end talent wins this Pitt in 6

Tampa - Montreal X. Benny sez........Montreal for no other reason than they are peaking Montreal in 6

Philadelphia - NYR X. Benny sez........Philly the better team, but Lundquist is the difference...Rangers in 6

Colorado - Minnesota X. Benny sez........Colorodo is young talent but Minnesota is a tough out....Minnesota in 7

Anaheim - Dallas X. Benny sez........All logic says Anaheim, that's why I'm going with..............Dallas in 6

Chicago - St. Louis X. Benny sez.......It's not Miller, it's St. Looooey's depth, but can they score? St. Louis in 6

San Jose - Los Angeles X Benny sez........great match-up. The best I think.........................................LA in 7

Done. I'm taking LA over Detroit in the Finals.

You really see the Grand Rapids Griffins getting that far? I admit I'm a homer for thinking/hoping they might eke out a win over Boston but I don't expect a deep run. I have hope because we were more blah last year and still took Chicago to OT game 7.

Detroit (assuming this lightning in a bottle team chemistry isn't upset by Z coming back from injury)

Pittsburgh

Montreal ( I'd love Tampa, but I fear without Bishop they're belly-up)

Philadelphia (hate flyers, but I think they'll find a new gear in round 1)

Colorado

Anaheim

Chicago

Los Angeles ( I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but the Sharks always choke. I've been burned before)

I will shamelessly be wearing the winged wheel everywhere for a while, as I've apologized on this board before for being from Detroit land. After all, won't be more than a year or two before I'll be torn between Sabres and Wings in the playoffs ;)

You really see the Grand Rapids Griffins getting that far? I admit I'm a homer for thinking/hoping they might eke out a win over Boston but I don't expect a deep run. I have hope because we were more blah last year and still took Chicago to OT game 7.

Detroit (assuming this lightning in a bottle team chemistry isn't upset by Z coming back from injury)

Pittsburgh

Montreal ( I'd love Tampa, but I fear without Bishop they're belly-up)

Philadelphia (hate flyers, but I think they'll find a new gear in round 1)

Colorado

Anaheim

Chicago

Los Angeles ( I really hope I'm wrong on this one, but the Sharks always choke. I've been burned before)

I will shamelessly be wearing the winged wheel everywhere for a while, as I've apologized on this board before for being from Detroit land. After all, won't be more than a year or two before I'll be torn between Sabres and Wings in the playoffs ;)

I think if Detroit upsets Boston they roll all the way. That kind of momentum is huge.

Boston

Tampa

Pittsburgh

Rangers

Anaheim

Colorado

Chicago

San Jose

I think Columbus is going to come within a whisker of upsetting PIttsburgh, but will ultimately lose out on talent. That said, I don't trust Fleury at all in possible matchups beyond round 1. The Rangers are my sleeper in the East because they play a great possession game and have arguably the best goaltender in the league. I still think they're short on offense to emerge, but it wouldn't shock me.

Out West, I think Colorado is a house of cards waiting to fold...I just don't think Dallas has the roster to make it happen, although I think this might be the most entertaining series in round 1 if you like a fast-paced game and open hockey. I feel legitimately insane for picking San Jose, but I like them this year, especially if Hertl rounds back into form. I'd love the Kings if they could freakin' score, but it's hard for me to get behind one of the worst offensive teams in hockey, even if they have a stellar possession game.

I will set one up right now.

Here it is: http://bracketchalle...19506?locale=en

Password is Perreault.

Thanks for doing that 11.

It's one-third educated guess, one-third gut feeling, and one-third wishful thinking, but mine is ready to go!

1st round:

Avs - 6

StL - 5

Ana - 4

LAK - 7

Bos - 5

Habs - 6

Pens - 4

Phila - 6

Edited by Campy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.