First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

It's obvious so far in both games that you can hit people directly in the numbers from behind.

These games are awesome.

F Darcy.

As long as they aren't driven into the boards they'll likely let it go. Same goes for most borderline pentalies, if it wasn't overly blatant they'll look away

I don't expect to get a ton of support for this opinion, but here goes: he's the same guy.

Scoring goals in the playoffs and going hard? Yup same guy.

I don't know. I was always a Vanek supporter, thought his defensive game was really underrated. It sure looks like he's playing harder to me. I'm sure his teammates and a belief that they actually could win the series have something to do with it.

I don't know. I was always a Vanek supporter, thought his defensive game was really underrated. It sure looks like he's playing harder to me. I'm sure his teammates and a belief that they actually could win the series have something to do with it.

The thing that is turning heads in Montreal is the realization that Vanek can really pass.

They thought they were getting a power play mule....and they got a play-maker on the cheap.

(Garth Snow.....the conference gift that keeps on giving).

Well fine, I didn't want to play anyways.

As long as I don't have to do too much work, I don't mind. Our picks are all now publicly accessible, so just let us know how you're doing in comparison. There's no prize anyway; it's just for fun.

Crap. Just went to print my bracket and realized I have a typo on my total goals. I'm at 22 but meant 32. I guess I'm rooting for a low scoring series now!

I just looked at your picks; if it's St. Louis and Boston, it probably will be a low-scoring series.

I wish the league weren't making us wait until Friday for the Detroit-Boston series. On the other hand, there will be something to watch on Easter.

Edited by Eleven

As long as I don't have to do too much work, I don't mind. Our picks are all now publicly accessible, so just let us know how you're doing in comparison. There's no prize anyway; it's just for fun.

:thumbsup:

know it's all fun, I was just showing off how bad my picks are.

One thing I came to realize when making my picks is the second round pairings weren't re-seeded depending on who I chose. It never dawned on me that this year there is no re-seeding going into the second round; it's a fixed ladder like the old days. I like it!

I just looked at your picks; if it's St. Louis and Boston, it probably will be a low-scoring series.

I wish the league weren't making us wait until Friday for the Detroit-Boston series. On the other hand, there will be something to watch on Easter.

Agreed on both counts. Bos-Det will be an interesting series.

<snip>

One thing I came to realize when making my picks is the second round pairings weren't re-seeded depending on who I chose. It never dawned on me that this year there is no re-seeding going into the second round; it's a fixed ladder like the old days. I like it!

I liked the reseeding after Round 1, but it is kind of neat for this non college basketball guy to get to mess with a playoff bracket for once. It makes for a lot of what ifs and I have grown to like the idea!

This could get interesting: McDonagh's coming back from his busted up shoulder and the Flyers have evidently placed a bullseye on him.

“The 30 minutes that he plays have to be hard minutes,” Berube said. “Not only being hit, but you have to make him work. Grind him out. Grind down there. Make him work. Make him stay long shifts out there.

“Yeah, he’s a little banged up,” Hartnell said. “You definitely want to be physical on him. You don’t want to take a dumb penalty or roughing penalty. You want to be clean and hard on him and make sure he is working hard for every inch of ice out there with or without the puck.

“I’d hit him if I’m out there,” Simmonds replied. “He’s a defenseman who is going to play a lot of minutes in this series ... You want to put pucks in his corner. You want to punish him physically.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-determined-hit-hampered-mcdonagh

One of those neat-to-look-at-but-doesn't-really-mean-anything things

Facebook made a map based on which team had the most likes in each U.S. state and Canadian province. While it might not be the most scientific study, the results seem as though they could be more or less accurate. In Canada, the lone local team to make the playoffs, the Montreal Canadiens, captured the interest of most of the country.

041714-NHL-Hockey-Map-DG-PI.vadapt.955.medium.45.jpg

The Chicago Blackhawks stole America’s heart, having the most likes in 10 states. Most of the other teams picked up at least their home state, with a few stealing fans from neighboring states.

http://msn.foxsports...egiances-041714

Edited by Campy

For those in Buffalo and on cable, who don't want to go through the struggle I just went through:

Filly/Rags is on 205, MSNBC.

Chicago at Saint Louis is on 314, NBCSN.

That was way too much work to find two hockey games.

Seeing Anson Carter on broadcasts is nice. I met him twice down in Carolina, and he was so nice. Good guy.

I liked Anson Carter when he played for Edmonton. Part of that hard-working small market team that mirrored us in a lot of ways pre-salary cap. But then he was on seven teams inside of four years and he became hard to watch.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.