First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Try that at FN'C sometime. I've had them try to kick my out of my suite 10 minutes after. (This did not go well for the personnel involved. It did go well for my guests, and it went poorly for me, who had to babysit their drunken ###### for another 35.)

But in the seats? You're out.

After a game my family and I waited around for around 15 minutes or so and took pictures of each other with the ice in the background. We didn't run into any trouble.

I can't describe the pain involved in having to root for the Flyers tomorrow.

Right there with ya.

Do you both hate the Rags or something? Because outside of a Philly Boston series, I don't think I could manage it.

After a game my family and I waited around for around 15 minutes or so and took pictures of each other with the ice in the background. We didn't run into any trouble.

Do you both hate the Rags or something? Because outside of a Philly Boston series, I don't think I could manage it.

I see Philly as a threat to Pitt, which is why I picked them in my bracket to beat Pitt and go to the ECF with Montreal, which is why I need Philly to win. Also, the Rags are the most boring team I've ever watched play in the playoffs, and I've had to do it for a lot of years in a row now, and I'd really like for that to end as quickly as possible.

Edit: And, the Flyers, post-Carcillo/Pronger/Carter/Richards, are a lot less hate-able for me (though still very much so in most other situations)

Edited by Arcsabresfan41

I see Philly as a threat to Pitt, which is why I picked them in my bracket to beat Pitt and go to the ECF with Montreal, which is why I need Philly to win. Also, the Rags are the most boring team I've ever watched play in the playoffs, and I've had to do it for a lot of years in a row now, and I'd really like for that to end as quickly as possible.

Edit: And, the Flyers, post-Carcillo/Pronger/Carter/Richards, are a lot less hate-able for me (though still very much so in most other situations)

I agree with most of that. I'm not rooting for the Flyers because I picked them in my bracket. My hatred for the Pens runs as deep for the Bruins and Flyers. I'd love to see the Flyers beat up (and beat) the Pens. I don't think the Rags can take the Pens. I'd rather see the Flyers go to the conference finals than the Pens...... and get destroyed by, hopefully, Montreal.

When Roseweed and Rinaldo dished out two concussions to Sabres at the end of the season, I hope to see several Flyers not make it through the end of the series.

I can only hope Montreal ends up in the finals or I'll be rooting for a Westen team.

I agree with most of that. I'm not rooting for the Flyers because I picked them in my bracket. My hatred for the Pens runs as deep for the Bruins and Flyers. I'd love to see the Flyers beat up (and beat) the Pens. I don't think the Rags can take the Pens. I'd rather see the Flyers go to the conference finals than the Pens...... and get destroyed by, hopefully, Montreal.

When Roseweed and Rinaldo dished out two concussions to Sabres at the end of the season, I hope to see several Flyers not make it through the end of the series.

I can only hope Montreal ends up in the finals or I'll be rooting for a Westen team.

I'll be rooting for the Kings or the Ducks.

Part of me wants to see Vanek win a Cup with Montreal.

I'll be rooting for the Kings or the Ducks.

Part of me wants to see Vanek win a Cup with Montreal.

Pominstein/Moulson vs Vanek/Briere. :D

I dislike the Flyers even more than the Bruins. The thought of seeing those two in the conference final is sickening. At this point I can only root for NY or the Pens in the east, but will root for the west winner in the finals.

I'd root for the Rags too, but I just can't see them beating the Pens. The Flyers might not beat them either............. but they will BEAT them regardless.

Thank you, NHL schedulers. We have a blowout in the only series that no one outside of these two markets could even give a sneeze about, and it's the only game tonight.

Try that at FN'C sometime. I've had them try to kick my out of my suite 10 minutes after. (This did not go well for the personnel involved. It did go well for my guests, and it went poorly for me, who had to babysit their drunken ###### for another 35.)

I always find a watering hole to walk to so I don't have to sit in traffic

Reading a lot of mixed hatred for a bunch of teams in the East, gotta say I approve of it all :thumbsup:

Curious, who is everyone's least favorite teams? I'd assume a lot of it has to do with what time period we have gotten to see the Sabres so far.

I'm pretty young, so my top 5 most hated teams, in order, are:

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Toronto

4) Philly

5) Pitt

Edited by WildCard

Classy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/watch-massive-fan-brawl-during-flyers-vs--rangers-game-6--video-054436316.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Reading a lot of mixed hatred for a bunch of teams in the East, gotta say I approve of it all :thumbsup:

Curious, who is everyone's least favorite teams? I'd assume a lot of it has to do with what time period we have gotten to see the Sabres so far.

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Toronto

4) Philly

5) Pitt

1) Philly

1) Boston

3) Pittsburgh

Thank you, NHL schedulers. We have a blowout in the only series that no one outside of these two markets could even give a sneeze about, and it's the only game tonight.

The 200 level is open to all comers after the game with the bar running for a solid hour+ if I recall......but then again, those were the Golisano years....

For the record, the NHL had three Game 7's on the schedule for last night as well. The other five Game 7's were scheduled for tonight. (Obviously three of these came to be.) See: http://awfulannounci...d-schedule.html

The way I see it, the most they can do is try to get the late (western) games alternated so we get the max amount of hockey per night. And they do a good job of that, at least.

Although, someone commented about how the Minnesota and Anaheim games both went to intermission at the same time Sunday, and I'd guess the NHL could have done more to avoid that. I'd assume the NHL doesn't want that.... right? (Or, more ad time if the whole hockey continent is watching intermissions?)

Oh, also, I thought we had had a separate thread for the Bracket Challenge? But it was at the beginning of this thread.

It seems I am at the top of the leaderboard, as I'm 5 for 5. AND I have the three remaining series all going to 7 games, with COL, LAK, and NYR winning those.

Looks like there are eight of us that are 5/5 so far, though.

Edited by Cereal

So i am in Boston this week, and what a hoot listening to the Sports Hub station here. Boston players actually talking about Montreal being cheap and dirty, taking dives, etc. Boychuk actually had the nads to talk about dirty hits. And man, were they all having a good chuckle recalling the Charra -Pacioretty hit.

God, i hate that team and their fans.

Lets go Habs.

So i am in Boston this week, and what a hoot listening to the Sports Hub station here. Boston players actually talking about Montreal being cheap and dirty, taking dives, etc. Boychuk actually had the nads to talk about dirty hits. And man, were they all having a good chuckle recalling the Charra -Pacioretty hit.

Lets go Habs.

Here's one to make you feel better :

Too bad our own players get suspended every time they touch a Bruin, so I guess other teams have to pick up our slack.

This is a dandy though.

And BTW :

1. Philly

2. Boston

3. Ottawa

Edited by Kristian

Try that at FN'C sometime. I've had them try to kick my out of my suite 10 minutes after.

The 200 level is open to all comers after the game with the bar running for a solid hour+ if I recall......but then again, those were the Golisano years....

I've had periodic access to two different sets of seats in the 200s, this is going back 10 years or so. When I go, I usually order a beer or a coffee or whatever in the third, and then hang out at/around our seats for a solid 30 minutes after the game's over. I can't ever recall being hassled to move along.

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Toronto

4) Philly

5) Pitt

1. Toronto

2. Toronto

3. Toronto

4. Boston

Lets go Habs.

For whatever reason, Montreal seems to bring out the worst hockey from Boston. They over-focus on the sideshow crap, played undisciplined games and as a result, finished the year 1-3 against them. To a lesser extent, it happened against us too.

Here's one to make you feel better :

Too bad our own players get suspended every time they touch a Bruin, so I guess other teams have to pick up our slack.

This is a dandy though.

This pleases Nikita.

185361849_slide.jpg

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Philly

4) Toronto

5) Carolina

Edited by LGR4GM

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Toronto

4) Philly

5) Pitt

1) Boston, Philly, Toronto

2) Pitt

3) Carolina

4) Montreal - I don't hate Montreal as much as I used to now though.

1) Boston

2) Ottawa

3) Toronto

4) Philly

5) Pitt

1. Boston

2. Philly

3. Ottawa

4. revolving door of Pitt, DC, Toronto

I can't believe I'm doing this, but I'm going to be saying "Allez Tricolore" soon. Anyone but Boston. If it came down to a Chicago- Boston final I'd just slam my head into a wall a lot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.