move Zadorov to forward?

pi2000

I'll say it again for those who weren't listening when someone asked this about Myers. Burns was drafted as an RW/D. He had played both positions before and frequently. There is a reason most players stay within the unit they were drafted (psst - it's because the NHL is so unforgiving you don;t have time or space to make the errors you would do in a new position).

The only successful move I can think of is Ericksson - Detroit drafted him as a centre and instantly moved him to D

I'll say it again for those who weren't listening when someone asked this about Myers. Burns was drafted as an RW/D. He had played both positions before and frequently. There is a reason most players stay within the unit they were drafted (psst - it's because the NHL is so unforgiving you don;t have time or space to make the errors you would do in a new position).

The only successful move I can think of is Ericksson - Detroit drafted him as a centre and instantly moved him to D

I think some special players are able to switch positions, but it's a rare thing for sure. I don't think zadorov or ristolainen could be forwards.

There have been a few just in the Sabres org, but none that really made a name. Gragnani, Paetsch, John Scott, and Deslauriers just recently. With the style the game is played, I don't see the huge upside. D leading rushes isn't uncommon, so I'm not sure how much it buys you.

There have been a few just in the Sabres org, but none that really made a name. Gragnani, Paetsch, John Scott, and Deslauriers just recently. With the style the game is played, I don't see the huge upside. D leading rushes isn't uncommon, so I'm not sure how much it buys you.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - by successful, I meant capable of holding down a job in the NHL. Deslauriers hasn't proven anything yet, plus he was never a great D-man to begin with.

This guy has very good hands and skating ability. He's killing it in the OHL.

With all the defensive prospects the Sabres have, I would consider moving Zadorov to the wing... ala Brent Burns.

Yes. We should absolutely ruin the development of the best defensive prospect in our system.

I have a small itch to elaborate on this. Will I scratch it?

I don't believe moving zads to the forward ranks is beneficial to the team overall. I love the kids defensive game. If he stays the course development wise I believe it gives management a degree of flexability when it comes to making moves, particularly with Myers.

I'm not advocating they will move Myers mind u, I'm merely stating zads as a d-man offers that possibility is all.

So, what's your itch?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.