Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

But they are in a position where they only need to steal one of the denver/GB games to head into the final week with a chance.

That'd be pretty sweet. Steal one game and the whole season matters for once.

I haven't dug too deeply into the tie breaker scenarios, but I assume it almost has to be the Denver game that we steal. WIth 5 AFC losses already, we can't afford anymore (6 if you're throwing in the towel on that NE game already).

Marrone is safe now. This team isn't making the playoffs as much as I wish they could... But this offseason needs to be a good one. Get a guard (I'll keep screaming Iupati until it happens or doesn't which is fun because it's pronounced "you potty") and turn over every QB stone possible. Call every single team and see which QBs on their roster are attainable and for what.

I do not think Orton is taking this team to the playoffs at any point. I think a healthy RG3 might.

If RG3 isn't an option and there are no viable trade options then draft one early and let him develop next season.

I'm not so sure we will be moving out another draft pick to make this happen, but I do get the crazy feeling that he will be our QB next year.

according to the ESPN playoff machine (and being realistic), the only chance Buffalo has is 1) the Jets winning/Miami losing whenever possible, and 2) stealing 2 wins out of Denver/GB/and NE with a win at Oakland. we can't get in at 9-7 no matter how I played it up (realistically speaking).

I'm hopeful, but a realist. 9-7 is what I originally thought for this team this year, and it's looking like a possibility..

according to the ESPN playoff machine (and being realistic), the only chance Buffalo has is 1) the Jets winning/Miami losing whenever possible, and 2) stealing 2 wins out of Denver/GB/and NE with a win at Oakland. we can't get in at 9-7 no matter how I played it up (realistically speaking).

I'm hopeful, but a realist. 9-7 is what I originally thought for this team this year, and it's looking like a possibility..

I'd also guess that 9-7, including a win over one of those 3, will be good enough for Whaley and Marrone to keep their jobs.

8-8 with 3 blowout losses to the 3 good teams, though? It could go either way.

My money's on 9-7. I think they beat Oakland, and then either surprise GB or beat a NE team that has nothing to play for.

People keep beating that New England "nothing to play for" drum. Chances are they will not have the first seed locked up and Bill Belichick has to feed his psychosis every Sunday so there's ALWAYS something to play for.

Before that final drive he had thrown 8 passes all game. there is a reason for that.

I can't believe the score can be that close with 8 pass attempts up to that point. Rex Ryan may get the ax, but he's a great coach and he'll get picked up real quickly. Bears are my bet

AM&As? Damn, you really are old!

Come on, I'm not yet 40 and I worked at AM&A's. Now, Twin Fair...

The Buffalo Bills can now officially not go 6-10.

I did the math at some point and the Bills average closer to 7-9 than 6-10 over the "futility era". They still have a shot at keeping that average.

Come on, I'm not yet 40 and I worked at AM&A's. Now, Twin Fair...

I did the math at some point and the Bills average closer to 7-9 than 6-10 over the "futility era". They still have a shot at keeping that average.

We went 7-9 for three straight years under Jauron before they canned him and we ended up 6-10 under him and Fewell that last season. Under Gailey we went 4-12 then 6-10 twice and went 6-10 last year under Marrone so it's kind of been an even split.

It must be said, of all the games the Bills play, they MUST win at Denver to be in any conversation for January football. The only game they can "afford" to lose is GB. With so many teams tied in the middle, conference record is going to be the decider.

We went 7-9 for three straight years under Jauron before they canned him and we ended up 6-10 under him and Fewell that last season. Under Gailey we went 4-12 then 6-10 twice and went 6-10 last year under Marrone so it's kind of been an even split.

Now that I think of it, it wasn't the average, but 7-9 +- 1 win covered (I think) 14 of the last 17 seasons. The post is in this thread somewhere, but I'm not going to look it up. 6-10 +-1 covered 13 of the last 17, if I remember right.

Serious question: does anyone think the Bills will win any of the 3 games against the powerhouse opponents?

I think they *can* beat Green Bay if Marrone makes good decisions all game long. But he's going to have to call a perfect game.