Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Pegula could and should bring Darryl in and make a large donation to him and his family (millions).

Why? As bad as Darryl's situation is, Pegula owes nothing to him and if he were to do this, he'd have a line out the door of ex players for both teams. He'd be better off setting up a fund to benefit players like Darryl

Pegula could and should bring Darryl in and make a large donation to him and his family (millions).

Playing Devils advocate here, so what about all the other Bills/NFL alum. Surely they should get a piece of the pie too. I don't think it's as simple as "just give Darryl Talley a bunch of money".

Playing Devils advocate here, so what about all the other Bills/NFL alum. Surely they should get a piece of the pie too. I don't think it's as simple as "just give Darryl Talley a bunch of money".

No, it isn't. But I do believe the allegations here are a pretty big issue. Something should be done swiftly. Maybe set up a former Bills fund? I don't know. I just feel like Pegula has the power and money to help the financial issues.

I think what you have to do as owner of the Bills is set up some kind of Bills Alumni Health Board that processes complaints and decides what kind of long term responsibility the team has for taking care of a player. Darryl would certainly be an archetypal case. The Bills definitely hold some kind of responsibility for his current condition.

If you want to throw a couple bucks Darryl's way on Thanksgiving, here's the place to do it.

http://www.gofundme.com/hvkgjo

This is a nice way for the City of Good Neighbors to lead by example. If the fans care about the health of their former heroes then so should the NFL.

We must continue to raise awareness for the seriousness of head injuries and the damage they cause in the name of keeping us entertained.

If you want to throw a couple bucks Darryl's way on Thanksgiving, here's the place to do it.

http://www.gofundme.com/hvkgjo

This is a nice way for the City of Good Neighbors to lead by example. If the fans care about the health of their former heroes then so should the NFL.

We must continue to raise awareness for the seriousness of head injuries and the damage they cause in the name of keeping us entertained.

Can we start by not cheering when Lucic gets pounded to the ice? Didn't think so.

I read the full piece. Sad. One more reason I don't regret not watching anymore. Is the NHL that much better?

I suspect on a game by game basis, the NFL is worse. There are 16 games + 4 preseason + 5 post season for the NFL. In the NHL. there are 82 games + 28 post season games. So 25 vs 110 assuming all games are/were played. That toll adds up on the hockey player making them equivalent in my mind.