Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

http://www.nfl.com/p...ogs?season=2012

That's hardly Manning-level stuff the first few weeks...

Weeks 2 and 3, okay. But week 1? He completed 73% of his passes with a 9.7 average with 2 TDs and 0 picks. The total yardage may not have been gaudy, but it was only 20 below his career average per game, the TDs were right at the career average, and the completion percentage and YPA were higher than his career averages.

And this was after not only a year of not being able to play football, but a good chunk of that was spent not even being able to throw a football. In light of this, you're really arguing that resting for a half of a game and then having a bye-week is why they lost in the playoffs? Nope, sorry, not even close to buying it.

Weeks 2 and 3, okay. But week 1? He completed 73% of his passes with a 9.7 average with 2 TDs and 0 picks. The total yardage may not have been gaudy, but it was only 20 below his career average per game, the TDs were right at the career average, and the completion percentage and YPA were higher than his career averages.

And this was after not only a year of not being able to play football, but a good chunk of that was spent not even being able to throw a football. In light of this, you're really arguing that resting for a half of a game and then having a bye-week is why they lost in the playoffs? Nope, sorry, not even close to buying it.

So now it's resting for a half of a game? Because that's what I mentioned in the first place... Play the first half.

So now it's resting for a half of a game? Because that's what I mentioned in the first place... Play the first half.

Your point was they sat Manning in 2007 and that caused them to lose to the Chargers. I disagree with that on its face, but it's not even entirely correct anyway, since Manning played enough of that last game to throw 16 passes. Maybe you were thinking of a different season?

Your point was they sat Manning in 2007 and that caused them to lose to the Chargers. I disagree with that on its face, but it's not even entirely correct anyway, since Manning played enough of that last game to throw 16 passes. Maybe you were thinking of a different season?

Probably. I just remember a lot of debate about sitting Manning and how they lost early possibly because of it.

Probably. I just remember a lot of debate about sitting Manning and how they lost early possibly because of it.

Definitely possible, there's enough times where Manning losses in the playoffs to get them confused :lol:

I just honestly think sometimes people try way too hard to explain what happens in a single game. Sometimes good teams beat great teams, and it doesn't have anything to do with rest, or weather, or the side of the bed that a player rolled off of in the middle of the night. And I'm not even sure that many of Manning's Colts teams were great teams in the sense that just a good QB would have been very successful with them. When results don't conform perfectly to expectations, people do mental gymnastics to explain the seemingly impossible, when they were probably just way too certain of the outcome beforehand and it really does come down to "on any given Sunday..."

This is pretty damned funny. Kyle Orton is to Denver as Derek Roy is to Buffalo.

http://blogs.westwor...runk_photos.php

Haha nice.

I am on my way to Denver now for the Bills game. We are sticking around for the Preds-Avs Tuesday (and skiing), and my brother and I will be wearing our Sabres Roy and Goose jerseys to that game (both are Preds now). We think we're clever. Go Bills!

Edited by Cereal

Im feeling good. I mean, yeah its Manning, but then I think of this:

-Our d is getting absolute no resect, its a given in main media that Peyton will carve them up.

-Sammy is due for a great game

-Orton is playing his old team

-Fred may be fred again

-Broncos oline is makeshift at best

All this accounted for, I at least look forward to a close game.

Not confident enough to predict tho

Based on early results (Bal over Mia and Pit over Cin), a Buffalo win and KC loss (at Phx) has Buffalo sitting in the 6th playoff spot. A Buffalo win and a KC win has Buffalo out and of course a Buffalo loss... well never mind.

Edited by wjag