Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

Serious question: does anyone think the Bills will win any of the 3 games against the powerhouse opponents?

Any given Sunday right? I think it's possible. Everything will probably fall just right and they will have to beat the Pats 3rd stringers to get in, and won't. Just because Buffalo.

I think they *can* beat Green Bay if Marrone makes good decisions all game long. But he's going to have to call a perfect game.

Of all the teams to think we can beat Green Bay would be the least likely. Rodgers has targets all over and doesn't need to worry about the pass rush because he's got one of the quickest releases in the game.

Serious question: does anyone think the Bills will win any of the 3 games against the powerhouse opponents?

Will? No, absolutely not. There does not exist a universe in which I'd bet on Orton over Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. But with football being as fluky as it is, I guess I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us fall backwards into one win. More than one would astound me in ways I cannot fully explain.

The NFL hates the Bills. My proof, leaving NE as the last game of the season. And it seems to happen a lot.

I think that the NFL recently switched to a system wherein the week 17 matchups are always inside the division. So it should happen about a third of the time.

Mannings not my worry at all for this game, it's Von Miller and Ware blitzing a hungover Orton.

This isn't the same Broncos team that dominated the AFC last year; they've shown they can be beaten.

Edited by WildCard

I think they *can* beat Green Bay if Marrone makes good decisions all game long. But he's going to have to call a perfect game.

Of all the teams to think we can beat Green Bay would be the least likely. Rodgers has targets all over and doesn't need to worry about the pass rush because he's got one of the quickest releases in the game.

Green Bay at home.

11 and Hank -- did you see Rodgers the other day vs the Pats? He can throw it anywhere he wants. He's the best passer since Marino.

I don't see how the Bills could possibly beat the Packers unless Rodgers is hurt.

Will? No, absolutely not. There does not exist a universe in which I'd bet on Orton over Manning, Brady, or Rodgers. But with football being as fluky as it is, I guess I wouldn't be totally shocked to see us fall backwards into one win. More than one would astound me in ways I cannot fully explain.

I would be shocked if the Bills beat Denver or GB (again, barring injury to the QBs). Not quite shocked if they beat the Pats, but pretty close if the game is meaningful for the Pats.

Record be dammed, I think this Broncos team is better than last year's.

They're more rounded and built for the playoffs rather than blowing people out, but I think the Bills are (with the exception of Orton) built for the playoffs too. Denver has a run game and a solid d-line now, but their offense doesn't make you think "######, here comes 40 points."

If we can get in, I think we can cause some damage.

11 and Hank -- did you see Rodgers the other day vs the Pats? He can throw it anywhere he wants. He's the best passer since Marino.

I don't see how the Bills could possibly beat the Packers unless Rodgers is hurt.

I would be shocked if the Bills beat Denver or GB (again, barring injury to the QBs). Not quite shocked if they beat the Pats, but pretty close if the game is meaningful for the Pats.

I think the best chance they'll have of winning against the three will be against the Pats. The past few games have been closely contested until later in the 2nd half. Plus the Bills are pretty familiar with Brady.The Pats might have the division wrapped up by week 17, but Belichick rarely gives players off, no matter what the standings are.

Crazy stat I heard this morning, Manning is 126-4 against teams that average 21 points or less a game, that's unreal.

I think the best chance they'll have of winning against the three will be against the Pats. The past few games have been closely contested until later in the 2nd half. Plus the Bills are pretty familiar with Brady.The Pats might have the division wrapped up by week 17, but Belichick rarely gives players off, no matter what the standings are.

Crazy stat I heard this morning, Manning is 126-4 against teams that average 21 points or less a game, that's unreal.

I'm pretty sure the stat is when the other team scores 21 or less against his team, not average 21 overall

Look at the Packers last three road games. Three point win over the Vikings, blown out by the Saints and a three point win in Miami. Bills have the best pass rush in the league and the home crowd. I think they win.

Any given Sunday right? I think it's possible. Everything will probably fall just right and they will have to beat the Pats 3rd stringers to get in, and won't. Just because Buffalo.

Or, they'll pull off the miracle of all miracles and somehow manage to beat DEN, GB, and NE...

...but lose to Oakland and miss the playoffs anyways. #becauseBuffalo

Edited by cdexchange

Look at the Packers last three road games. Three point win over the Vikings, blown out by the Saints and a three point win in Miami. Bills have the best pass rush in the league and the home crowd. I think they win.

Good post. I wish I shared your optimism, but still -- good facts.

Pretty good stuff. I don't think we'll win, though. Don't have the offense of the Saints. The Vikes will always play a division rival tough and the Dolphins are hot and cold this year.

Three of our last four opponents are the three best teams we play all year. We haven't beaten a team nearly on their level.

I'm not expecting playoffs at all, but this year the pleasure of watching this defensive line is enough to keep me happy through this December, especially if it ends up being likely that we lose Hughes. It's something special. I hope we go hard after a real QB and somehow come up with one for next year. This team can go places with a QB.

Good post. I wish I shared your optimism, but still -- good facts.

All right, freeman, give me some odds on the Packers game. The way you see it, I figure it's one order of wings from the Gate against four deli sandwiches in Brooklyn. Wanna go? (PS this is low risk for you, because I send associates to Brooklyn.)

The NFL hates the Bills. My proof, leaving NE as the last game of the season. And it seems to happen a lot.

Nah, that's a blessing. NFL: The Bills might be able to beat the Pat's 2nd and 3rd string, we'll give them the last game so there's a chance NE will rest people.

Since 2010 at Pats 2/4, at Jets 1/4, host Jets 1/4. 2011 They were at Pats in week 16 before hosting the Jets in week 17.

I think that the NFL recently switched to a system wherein the week 17 matchups are always inside the division. So it should happen about a third of the time.

that's a more logical answer. :)