Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

All of the teams you mentioned kept working on the QB position until they got the right guy. Denver made the playoffs and won a playoff game the year before they brought in Manning. SF had a #1 overall pick in Alex Smith at QB, who got them to the playoffs and also won a playoff game -- but they weren't satisfied and used a high #2 pick after that season on Kaepernick. Seattle didn't really "stumble" on Wilson -- they drafted him in the 3rd round. The Pats had Bledsoe when they drafted Brady.

The Bills haven't done ANYTHING about improving the QB position other than drafting EJ.

If the Bills get spanked by the Packers, the Broncos and the Pats -- and 2 (if not 3) of those opponents shred the Bills' D -- and finish 7-9, will you want to clean house?

And in all those cases, luck played a huge roll which is why I said I believe in the draft a QB every year mentality. We are really only one year removed from drafting EJ. I am not sure what they should have done other then what they tried to do which was signing Orton in the off season. And yes, I am for retaining Whaley even if they implode although I would guess a new coach would be in the offing.

A new coach doesn't necessarily want full control, in fact, some like Mike McCarthy and Sean Payton don't want it.

You leave Leodis alone! Players make mistakes. Leodis muffed two kicks badly in his career. Yesterday he even came back on the next punt return and put the offense in prime location to score a TD. He's dumb, but he's a good football player. The funny thing about his punt return fumble yesterday is it came went he had the most space. He's been incredibly good this year at catching punts with players in his face and making them miss.

And if people really think EJ can't develop, wow. Did any of you think Foles was going to become a starter in Philly?

Chip Kelly for coach of the year. He's making Mark friggin' Sanchez look like a quality NFL QB.

Sorry, I don't assume anything when it comes to Terry. He doesn't always make the obvious move that's right.

I agree, he's ending the Toronto series so he can move play-off games up there!

That's really happening? Why in God's name would the Sabres allow that to happen.

Which schedule came our first?

Somehow, I doubt the NFL pays attention to anything other than itself when scheduling games.

What photos does Hogan have?

Was it good?

After watching Goodwin get injured every week playing ST, and watching Hogan play well in the past couple games, I still don't know what you have against him. It does seem to make more sense to play Mike Williams over him, but I think they prefer Hogan as the slot guy with Sammy and Rob outside.

After watching Goodwin get injured every week playing ST, and watching Hogan play well in the past couple games, I still don't know what you have against him. It does seem to make more sense to play Mike Williams over him, but I think they prefer Hogan as the slot guy with Sammy and Rob outside.

It's more against the coaches. We have watkins and woods. Cool. We have Goodwin who shrivels if touched. Why is hogan so highly thought of, that we don't even have to dress Williams. Who else is there?

The coaches are okay with essentially dressing 3 WRs a game when hogan is a solid 4/5 who can play an important role. Too much hogan is confusing to me

It's more against the coaches. We have watkins and woods. Cool. We have Goodwin who shrivels if touched. Why is hogan so highly thought of, that we don't even have to dress Williams. Who else is there?

The coaches are okay with essentially dressing 3 WRs a game when hogan is a solid 4/5 who can play an important role. Too much hogan is confusing to me

If he starts getting a case of the Scott Chandler hands, I'll agree with you. Right now he just seems to be a solid slot receiver.

Maybe Mike Williams just isn't good.

Mike Williams was a part of every big run by CJ Spiller this year. Sealed an edge on one, ran down and picked up a block on another, and actually was smart enough to slow down and get out of his way while clogging pursuit on one.

I have no idea what is happening behind the scenes. I hope it is something, because if it is a pure talent call, I'm a bit confused.

If he starts getting a case of the Scott Chandler hands, I'll agree with you. Right now he just seems to be a solid slot receiver.

Except he always seems to be one yard short :P

Then this team has only 3 nfl quality receivers (including hogan) which isn't good. Again I'm not criticizing hogan other than I think his role is a bit too large, there is certainly a place for him. But the question was what would I ask the coaches, and my question is basically why do we have 3 nfl receivers.

Except he always seems to be one yard short :P

Then this team has only 3 nfl quality receivers (including hogan) which isn't good. Again I'm not criticizing hogan other than I think his role is a bit too large, there is certainly a place for him. But the question was what would I ask the coaches, and my question is basically why do we have 3 nfl receivers.

This seems to have always been a problem for the Bills. I hang it on coaching, but it's definitely a fair criticism of Hogan.

The coaching staff had trouble accommodating Stevie Johnson. Maybe they don't like receivers unless they're humble/rooks?

This seems to have always been a problem for the Bills. I hang it on coaching, but it's definitely a fair criticism of Hogan.

The coaching staff had trouble accommodating Stevie Johnson. Maybe they don't like receivers unless they're humble/rooks?

haha yea, and while it seems like I'm harsh sometimes of hogan, its just because its a forum and sometimes its fun to bash on people. I honestly have no issues with him as a player and think he has a role on the team and on the offense, I just don't fully get the coaching this year. Going into a game with goodwin (glass), woods, watkins (groin), and hogan is just bizarre to me

I don't know what to expect tonight. I'm a goofy optimist for some reason with this team, but even I think this might be the same old bills this season with the same old coaches. I don't know if the bills will win the next few games and then re-crush our hopes, or just ###### their pants tonight on national tv.

I'm half expecting a loss like this: http://scores.espn.g...ameId=291011002

Edited by Numark