• Pittsburgh Penguins
    • Boston Bruins
    • Montreal Canadiens
    • Washington Capitals
    • Tampa Bay Lightening
    • Toronto Maple Leafs
    • Ottawa Senators
    • Other

The Lieuwen/Hackett comment is interesting. That has to mean any Miller deal on the table will have a goalie coming back.

Also, I've been expecting Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb to finish the season in Buffalo. This seems to indicate that might not be the case. The Sabres final 20 games are going to be hell to watch.

As opposed to the first 62?

The Lieuwen/Hackett comment is interesting. That has to mean any Miller deal on the table will have a goalie coming back.

Also, I've been expecting Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb to finish the season in Buffalo. This seems to indicate that might not be the case. The Sabres final 20 games are going to be hell to watch.

He only said that Hacket/Lieuwen wouldn't be able to start in Buffalo. Somebody should've followed up asking if they could backup Enroth after the Miller trade.

Why bring up Pysyk and McNabb when you can play Weber and McBain. This, ladies and gents, is what "manipulating draft position" is all about!

After listening to the interview, I misread that. He meant neither of those guys is ready now be to the Buffalo Sabres number one goalie, not that one would not be coming up to back up Enroth.

He said he wasn't sure if we had Miller's replacement in the organization (And to be clear, the interview was about Lieuwen and Hackett — Enroth's name did not come up).

I love Tim Murray interviews, the guy has no time for anything but hockey.

Edit: I see Tank already straightened that out. Thanks.

Edited by dudacek

Why bring up Pysyk and McNabb when you can play Weber and McBain. This, ladies and gents, is what "manipulating draft position" is all about!

I wouldn't even do it to manipulate draft position. The Amerks have won 10 of their last 13 and are back on track for the playoffs now. Let them stay down there and learn how to win before we bring them back to the NHL to get their butts kicked again.

Manipulating draft position is just a bonus.

I wouldn't even do it to manipulate draft position. The Amerks have won 10 of their last 13 and are back on track for the playoffs now. Let them stay down there and learn how to win before we bring them back to the NHL to get their butts kicked again.

Just in case someone misses the MIP.

In management-speak, this is "putting people in a position to succeed". You give someone a task that's a challenge to attainable (winning in the AHL) and then give them a bigger challenge after that.

Here's some potentially unsubstantiated stuff:

http://senschirp.ca/...es-talked-deal/

Tim Murray is expected to be one of the league’s most active General Managers. He has a number of pieces he’ll be looking to move and unlike so many other teams, his team is clearly in sell mode. Rumours suggest that Bryan and his nephew Tim have already discussed a few players. Matt Moulson is the obvious one but I suspect the price will be a little too rich for the Senators. A handful of serious contenders see Moulson as a great top six option and will be willing to pay a premium. Drew Stafford is available and would be a far more affordable option. Steve Ott, the Sabres Captain, would be a great addition for a playoff bound team and is a player the Sens definitely have interest in.

The Senators have also apparently asked about defenceman Christian Ehrhoff but I’m not sure the Sabres have any interest in moving him. Worth a try though, Bryan.

Matt Coller of WGR reported that Murray said he wants a goalie coming back in any Ryan Miller trade, but I don't really believe this one. At least not taken literally. He could acquire a goalie in a separate deal, easily. I also think Coller is just making an assumption based on Murray saying that neither Hackett nor Lieuwen are ready to start in the NHL.

Edited by Tankalicious

Yep. Can only see the blues doing it if it's for Miller, who then re-signs, giving them enough time to develop a new Allen behind him.

My guess would be the trade would be Miller for Allen, Prospect, and pick but that pick would be conditional on Miller resigning. Something like 2nd/1st (idk) if he resigns and 5th if he doesn't.

That is what I believe Murray would value the price at.

My guess would be the trade would be Miller for Allen, Prospect, and pick but that pick would be conditional on Miller resigning. Something like 2nd/1st (idk) if he resigns and 5th if he doesn't.

That is what I believe Murray would value the price at.

No way the blues make that trade.

I should add what I would think the trade would be if it happened...

Miller and a 2nd for Ty Rattie and Jake Allen. If Miller resigns that 2nd (2015) becomes a 5th or something like that.

Any trade will depend on the GM values assigned to players and for a Blues trade to take place I think you need the perfect storm in the week leading up to it (Halak sucking would help)

I should add what I would think the trade would be if it happened...

Miller and a 2nd for Ty Rattie and Jake Allen. If Miller resigns that 2nd (2015) becomes a 5th or something like that.

Any trade will depend on the GM values assigned to players and for a Blues trade to take place I think you need the perfect storm in the week leading up to it (Halak sucking would help)

Wow I would take that trade in a heartbeat. That might be superior to the guastad for a first trade a couple of years ago!

Wow I would take that trade in a heartbeat. That might be superior to the guastad for a first trade a couple of years ago!

Gaustad netted a 1st rounder. Paul freaking Gaustad. Remember that as we get to deadline day if TM hasn't pulled the trigger on any deals yet. Values for veteran assets will skyrocket as we get to the final hours and minutes before the deadline.

Halak and Elliott are UFAs, as is Miller. If they trade Allen, the Blues could be in a situation where they will not have anyone approaching NHL calibre, or potential, under contract come July 1.

Now I think there is a great chance that if Anaheim (his most logical UFA destination) isn't interested, Miller would be happy to sign a cap-friendly deal with the Blues.

But if you were Doug Armstong, would you take that risk?

Here's one from left field that makes some sense if you think about it a bit: Miller and Enroth for Allen and Halak.

Edited by dudacek

Gaustad netted a 1st rounder. Paul freaking Gaustad. Remember that as we get to deadline day if TM hasn't pulled the trigger on any deals yet. Values for veteran assets will skyrocket as we get to the final hours and minutes before the deadline.

Completely agree on moulson and ott but miller is a different animal IMO