Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

Oooooooooooohhhhh. Now I'm really interested. A grumpy GM with no time for TBN hockey reporters' temper tantrums? Must-see TV.

This would be epic.

So if this is an 80s TV show, Murray is the no fun weapons expert, Pat is the guy with the funky plans, and Teddy is the affable wheelman. Now all we need is The Wild Card.

This would be epic.

So if this is an 80s TV show, Murray is the no fun weapons expert, Pat is the guy with the funky plans, and Teddy is the affable wheelman. Now all we need is The Wild Card.

Clearly Ted Nolan as the Wild Card.

Pegula as the commander on the videophone.

Teppo as the womanizer.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

It is hard not to immediately like anyone not named Darcy as the choice. Since (almost) all of us know very little about the candidates, I'll trust that LaFontaine and Pegula took their time and made the best possible choice with the information they had to work with.

Would love to see Murray make some bold moves right out of the gate, which would immediately put his stamp on the club.

Clearly Ted Nolan as the Wild Card.

Pegula as the commander on the videophone.

Teppo as the womanizer.

Teppo is always the guy you go see when you gotta "get what you need". :lol:

Hello, I'm right here.

nhl_a_pegula_300.jpg

I'm sure some here will agree with you on Pegula as the Wild Card :flirt:

Absolutely. As a new guy on the job his legacy will be in the guys he brings in;he'll get no credit for the guys that were already here. Sell what you can, accrue as much currency as possible and use your strength of talent evaluation (and hopefully teambuilding) to bring in guys to take you to your goals.

Go Sabres

It is hard not to immediately like anyone not named Darcy as the choice. Since (almost) all of us know very little about the candidates, I'll trust that LaFontaine and Pegula took their time and made the best possible choice with the information they had to work with.

Would love to see Murray make some bold moves right out of the gate, which would immediately put his stamp on the club.

Except for the part about trusting Pegula, I'm with you on all this. The future is now, and it's exciting.

I can't imagine any hire being as conservative as DR in regard to organizational assets.

I wonder if Murray does anything before the Olympics. Might take a bit for him to assess the situation.

Could be but these guys come into the interview process with a full breakdown of the roster. They are asked about their assessment of the team during thei nterview process.

But it may take him some time to get a better feel for the team. The FA situation is the most curious for me.

I wonder if Murray does anything before the Olympics. Might take a bit for him to assess the situation.

He does do something before the Olympics. He already knows our team inside out I'm guessing.

I want an edgy leader with a plan.

If Murray comes in and says "this team needs this and this is how I am going to do it" it will make my day.

If he launches both barrels at Harrington after the first self-serving question it will make my year.

I'm really curious to see if he brings in new scouting guys (like Kevin Devine) before the draft, or if he keeps the current staff. I have a preference to keep Devine around, but if Tim's bread and butter is scouting, he may have other ideas.

I'm also curious to see where the head coach position goes.

This is all in addition to key player movement (Miller, Moulson, Ott).

The stage is set. Let the rebuild commence.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

You have to wonder why the Senators would send him out to represent the team on television. It's a bit like being the Gambino crime family but instead of the "Dapper Don" John Gotti meeting the press, you send out Sammy "The Bull" Gravano and inevitably Bucky Gleason gets tossed to the pavement

Thank you Aud. I hope you don't mind I took the liberty of making a slight change to your hilarious take!

I'm really curious to see if he brings in new scouting guys (like Kevin Devine) before the draft, or if he keeps the current staff. I have a preference to keep Devine around, but if Tim's bread and butter is scouting, he may have other ideas.

I'm also curious to see where the head coach position goes.

This is all in addition to key player movement (Miller, Moulson, Ott).

I really hope we keep Devine around. But as you said who knows what he does, other than TPegs and Patty, he's the boss now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.