Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

We have a charming, competitive, thoughtful, well-respected icon running the hockey department — who knows people and whose name will open any door.

We have an edgy, aggressive, workaholic general manager whose claim to fame is his comprehensive knowledge of players and his ability to evaluate their worth.

And we have a legendary advisor who is laid-back, thoughtful, has seen it all, and won it all.

I'm not sure if I could have asked for a better team to lead the franchise.

Perfect Statement

This is the best day in Sabreland since their first draft pick ever.

Many said the same thing when Pegula was hired. Let's let these guys fix this team first.

This and an owner willing to spend millions on the team, the future is certainly bright!!

This was also said when Pegula was hired.

Tim Murray seems like a great hire. I also like the fact that he seems like a no nonsense guy who will not put up with the BS from the Buffalo News guys. He has been groomed for this day his entire life.

As an aside, except for Paul Hamilton, Tim Graham, and John W, most of the guys who cover the Bills and Sabres are horrible. To think how far the quality of the Buffalo News has gone down since guys like Jim Kelley and Vic Carucci. Bucky, Sully, and Bucky/Sully protégé Harrington are horrible.

I also absolutely love the Craig Patrick hire. Great addition to the Sabres. Miracle in Buffalo.

Edited by Peter

and we are arguably the worst team in hockey a few short years later.

Then the owner must suck. All benefits from ownership change should be immediate. There can't be any long term benefits from the locker room to the weight room to bringing quality hockey people onboard and flexibility with contracts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.