Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

BdjVBH8CMAA9_w3.jpg

Outstanding.

Anyone see if Regier is in the audience somewhere, taking notes?

Saw something the other day saying he could be in consideration for the spot in Calgary

I think with Burke in charge in Calgary there is zero chance of this happening.

Separately: I liked what I saw from Murray. So far so good. And I like Patrick coming in as the Yoda. PLF, CP and TM >>>>> DR.

I'd guess that if the Sabres continue to play hard and win a decent # of games, Nolan will be here next year.

Not sure what to make of his answer on Miller -- he didn't really say whether he'd like to keep him -- it was more about the feasibility of trading him.

Go Sabres.

Jerry Sullivan is a major douche. I can already see his next piece in the Snooze - "New Sabres Boss Dodges Questions".

I thought that was a great bitch-slap by Murray on Sullivan to finish off the press conference. I like that he's starting off not taking any of their crap. The Buffalo News should follow suit and wipe their slate clean.

We have a charming, competitive, thoughtful, well-respected icon running the hockey department — who knows people and whose name will open any door.

We have an edgy, aggressive, workaholic general manager whose claim to fame is his comprehensive knowledge of players and his ability to evaluate their worth.

And we have a legendary advisor who is laid-back, thoughtful, has seen it all, and won it all.

I'm not sure if I could have asked for a better team to lead the franchise.

Murray says he knew by the 2nd interview about Patrick coming onboard.

This makes sense. Murray knew about Patrick before accepting the role, and Patrick obviously knew there would be a GM but not which one. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Assquatch

We have a charming, competitive, thoughtful, well-respected icon running the hockey department — who knows people and whose name will open any door.

We have an edgy, aggressive, workaholic general manager whose claim to fame is his comprehensive knowledge of players and his ability to evaluate their worth.

And we have a legendary advisor who is laid-back, thoughtful, has seen it all, and won it all.

couldn't agree with you more. This is a new page for us Sabres fans. I'm excited to see what this group can do for us.

I just got what the French call a frisson.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.