Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

Please don't bait me into this. There are so many pissing contests going on lately and I really don't have time to post some drunken ramble. Hey, anyone seen CHS? Oh. CHZ.

Right!

CHZ moved to Boston....

Because of the pissing contests?

i came here to read about hockey and instead i get an 8th grade girls cafeteria table.

This is happening more and more around here. Has a definite good ole boys club feel around here lately. It is a shame because i think there are a lot of lurkers who would love to post their input and opinions but are afraid to do so.

This is happening more and more around here. Has a definite good ole boys club feel around here lately. It is a shame because i think there are a lot of lurkers who would love to post their input and opinions but are afraid to do so.

SHUT UP NEWB!

Just kidding. Every message board has that feel though. You just have to post and become an accepted member of the community. It was that way when I started posting as well and I think that I have earned my way into the club.

Tankstebb has been here for a couple of years and has over 2k posts. If there is a good ole boys club, he's in it. This just has to do with him being a blockhead and catching the wrath of Angry Eleven. That's all. We're all blockheads at times. If you can survive the wrath and not go run and hide, you're in the club.

Tankstebb has been here for a couple of years and has over 2k posts. If there is a good ole boys club, he's in it. This just has to do with him being a blockhead and catching the wrath of Angry Eleven. That's all. We're all blockheads at times. If you can survive the wrath and not go run and hide, you're in the club.

You need five years service for that.

Edited by Derrico

Could someone summarize the last three pages of this thread for me?

If I took my fedora off, my brain stuff would leak out.

That's what you said.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

better than me and you going at it?

Yes. I was never mad at you. I just think you are wrong on something.

It had to be like crawling back into the womb for you.

... well it was like something. These days I wish I could just stay in bed but that is a different topic.

I'll take that bait: eleven thinks he's Queen of the Message Board and that what he says must be. I am always against that mindset and therefore side with Tank the Underdog.

2 points on this:

1. The "good old boys" meme is nonsense. All good hockey talk is welcome, regardless of whether it's someone's 1st post or his 10,000th. When someone like 11 or Taro (or me, for that matter) takes issue with a post, it's because said post (i) is nonsensical on its face, (ii) includes or is based on false assertions of fact or (iii) is obnoxiously stated (and occasionally a special someone will hit for the cycle).

It is NEVER because an old-timer thinks a new poster is too uppity and needs to keep quiet and know his/her place.

2. If the busybodies of the board (and I include myself in that group) don't speak up when someone breaks the rules, we'll quickly have a bunch of loudmouths yelling at each other.

better than me and you going at it?

Well, he is on the rebound, so you might have a chance.

i've said it before, nothing makes me scrunch up my face (looking a bit like i just smelled a wicked dog fart) and think "WTF?" than the idea that (i) long-time members with strong views are somehow an obstacle to entry and (ii) that a user of an anonymous message board would, for any reason, be afraid to state opinions.

in fact, it's point "ii" that can sometimes push me into an uncharacteristic "we're goin' to hell in a handbasket; those kids in china are gonna eat our lunch" mode than the idea that an individual would refrain from posting to a message board for fear that their opinion might be met with criticism, rebuke, or the like.

gimme. a. feckin. break.

i've said it before, nothing makes me scrunch up my face (looking a bit like i just smelled a wicked dog fart) and think "WTF?" than the idea that (i) long-time members with strong views are somehow an obstacle to entry and (ii) that a user of an anonymous message board would, for any reason, be afraid to state opinions.

in fact, it's point "ii" that can sometimes push me into an uncharacteristic "we're goin' to hell in a handbasket; those kids in china are gonna eat our lunch" mode than the idea that an individual would refrain from posting to a message board for fear that their opinion might be met with criticism, rebuke, or the like.

gimme. a. feckin. break.

To continue the theme, the whole point of posting on message boards is to be criticized. But certain posters here don't like being challenged and rather than bringing their posting standards up to the level that the veteran posters here set, they've decided that there's an old guard that is out to get them. I've said it before here and I'll keep saying it: We will not lower the bar for whiners.

Edited by d4rksabre

To continue the theme, the whole point of posting on message boards is to be criticized. But certain posters here don't like being challenged and rather than bringing their posting standards up to the level that the veteran posters here set, they've decided that there's an old guard that is out to get them. I've said it before here and I'll keep saying it: We will not lower the bar for whiners.

In the words of the old ###### spiritualist, nfreeman: NONSENSE!

In the words of the old ###### spiritualist, nfreeman: NONSENSE!

Edit: In the words of the old penis spiritualist nfreeman: NONSENSE!

That's better.

I'd rather be called on my ###### occasionally than deal with a board where there's no real conversation because there are 15 new threads an hour and everybody just posts their opinion then never opens the thread again.

true that. yo.

idk I am in a mood

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.