Hired: Tim Murray, GM and Craig Patrick, Advisor

That Aud Smell

I didn't misquote anybody. My lead in to the quote wasn't a quote. They were baiting him into admitting that his plan is tanking. He didn't bite. The quotes are his responses.

You stated that they baited him into "admitting" that the team was tanking. I won't parse it any more than that. Go back. Re-read.

Edited by Eleven

You stated that they baited him into "admitting" that the team was tanking. I won't parse it any more than that. Go back. Re-read.

I see what you're saying. I'm just saying that baiting somebody doesn't mean they took the bait. Poor wording choice on the fly possibly, but his quotes make it clear that he isn't admitting that they'll take a tank philosophy.

Edited by Tankalicious

I see what you're saying. I'm just saying that baiting somebody doesn't mean they took the bait. Poor wording choice on the fly possibly, but his quotes make it clear that he isn't admitting that they'll take a tank philosophy.

When basically baited into admitting that they're tanking:

"It'd be great to get McDavid, but it's hard to 'pull those strings."

"That can't be your plan."

Dude. You just were completely wrong with what you wrote. Man up.

Example: "Eleven is baiting me into admitting that I was wrong. I am not taking the bait."

Or are you saying that people don't have the option of not taking the bait anymore? They MUST.

No, I'm just saying that you were wrong. You completely misinterpreted ad MISSTATED Murray's interview on that very salient (look it up) point. You ###### up, you won't admit it, and you're kind of being a jerky kid about it. That's ok, it's part of being a kid. But if you think I'll take seriously any other summary that you post about any other broadcast/presser/whatever, you're wrong. Your credibility is gone.

Example: "Eleven is baiting me into admitting that I was wrong. I am not taking the bait."

Or are you saying that people don't have the option of not taking the bait anymore? They MUST.

To be correct, your 1st phrase should be either '11 is attempting to bait Tank into admitting' or '11 is baiting Tank to admit;' once you've been 'baited into admitting' then it's a done deal and the baiting was successful.

To be correct, your 1st phrase should be either '11 is attempting to bait Tank into admitting' or '11 is baiting Tank to admit;' once you've been 'baited into admitting' then it's a done deal and the baiting was successful.

You are Grammarticus!

spartacus.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.