GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-15-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

TOR (11-6-1) at BUF (4-15-1) – NOV 15 – 7:00PM ET – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-AM

Sabres, under Nolan, start home-and-home vs. Leafs

Nolan wants to make Sabres work, evaluate new players (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

Pegula only began showing interest in LaFontaine recently (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

Girgensons at center in first practice run by Nolan (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

Maple Leafs' Kadri suspended three games (Dept. of Player Safety – NHL.com)

Mike Weber Interview (11/14/13)

John Scott Interview (11/14/13)

Drew Stafford Interview (11/14/13)

Zemgus Girgensons Interview (11/14/13)

Ted Nolan Press Conference (11/14/13)

Dan Dunleavy recaps Thursday's practice at First Niagara Center. 11/14/2013

NHL Live: Ted Nolan New interim coach of the Buffalo Sabres Ted Nolan joins NHL Live to discuss his new position

Ted Nolan Press Conference (11/15/13)

Pat LaFontaine Press Conference (11/15/13)

Digital Press Box - Game Preview: 11/15/13 vs. Toronto

Sabres-Maple Leafs Preview (11/15/13)

Sabres-Leafs Game Notes PDF (11/15/13)

NOLAN PREPARES FOR FIRST GAME, LaFONTAINE TO BEGIN GM SEARCH

Cody McCormick Interview (11/15/13)

Cody Hodgson Interview (11/15/13)

Henrik Tallinder Interview (11/15/13)

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate)

26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 21 Drew Stafford

9 Steve Ott ("C") – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis

23 Ville Leino – 82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn

32 John Scott – 8 Cody McCormick – 78 Corey Tropp

X: 22 Johan Larsson, 25 Mikhail Grigorenko

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk

20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers

4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

X: 61 Nikita Zadorov

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Buffalo scratched Johan Larsson, John Scott and Nikita Zadorov in Tuesday's 3-2 shootout win versus Los Angeles.

Mike Weber (thumb) returned to practice on Monday and remains day-to-day as he awaits medical clearance.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Projected Lineup (pending morning skate)

12 Mason Raymond – 21 James van Riemsdyk – 81 Phil Kessel

19 Joffrey Lupul ("A") – 11 Jay McClement ("A") – 71 David Clarkson

37 Carter Ashton – 22 Jerred Smithson – 41 Nikolai Kulemin

38 Frazer McLaren – n/a – 28 Colton Orr

X: 40 Troy Bodie, 43 Nazem Kadri

3 Dion Phaneuf ("C") – 36 Carl Gunnarsson

51 Jake Gardiner – 4 Cody Franson

15 Paul Ranger – 2 Mark Fraser

44 Morgan Rielly – n/a

X: 26 John-Michael Liles

45 Jonathan Bernier

34 James Reimer

Lineup News & Notes

Toronto scratched Troy Bodie, John-Michael Liles and Frazer McLaren in Wednesday's 2-1 SOL at Minnesota. Dave

Bolland (ankle) and Tyler Bozak (hamstring) remain inactive, while Nazem Kadri has been suspended.

Kessel-purse.gif

I PROMISE 3 of the 5 will be involved in a fight...not for the sake of fighting, but to start this thing out right. Foligno, Ott, Weber, McCormick, Scott.

Look for a surprise or 2 as well. Stafford, Myers....

I put the over/under on Sabres fights at 3 1/2.

The Vegas odds are Toronto -135 / Buffalo +115. It would have been -175/+155.

It's time to put the women and children to sleep, and let the men do their thing.....

F the Leafs....

F the pussified bunker mentality and cronyism that has marred all things Sabres for much too long...

And F anyone who isn't a woman or child and isn't ready to go on this ride............

Terry's gonna need a change of boxers....Teddy B's gonna blow his new straight part....and I Know Physics is going to need a new identity by the end of this thing.

Welcome back to what being a Buffalonian is.....and welcome back to a game played by men.....

The first Sabres game I ever attended was on March 17th, 1997. The Sabres trounced the Bruins 5-1 and Rob Ray got his 2000th career penalty minute that night. It was the game that was postponed the night the Jumbotron fell.

Ted Nolan was behind the bench that night.

Pat Lafontaine was sitting on it.

I'm ready.

The past two days, this board has been like the sun coming out after an arctic winter.

Let's hope it also shines on the ice tonight.

As much as a strong showing tonight will tell us about the change in culture, what happens to anyone who doesn't show up will be even more telling.

Toronto has injury problems. Their center depth might be worse than ours right now. WGR mentioned this AM that they have something like one 5 on 5 goal in the last week, or something like that.

Even without the changes this is a very winnable home-and-home. Hopefully it's an entertaining series.

Orr - Scott in the first 5 minutes. McLaren - Scott in the 2nd period.

Toronto has Kessell and Buffalo has... anyone? anyone?

I'll be as intrested as anyone to see this game tonight. I'm trending toward a Toronto blow out. New coach, new system, bad players adds up to a bad game.

I think it will take a few weeks for the Nolan era to begin in earnest.

Hope I'm wrong.

I'm finally getting to a game this year and what an atmosphere it should be!! Leaf fans are already loud and with teddy behind the bench and patty up in the suite sabres fans are going to be rocking too! Can't wait, let's go buffalo!!!!!

i would be fall out of the chair shocked if the Leafs allowed themselves to get involved in any type of huge scrum. The Leafs are 5 points out of the top spot in the division with a game in hand. The Leafs should be looking at this weekend as nothing more than 4 possible points against the worst team in hockey. Anything less than 4 points for the Leafs has to be considered a huge disappointment for the Leafs.

If the Sabres are dumb enough to dress and play John Scott knowing he will forever be in the crosshairs of NHL officials that is something the Leafs should take advantage of. The Leafs should let Scott try to initiate and don't retaliate.

This morning I finally remembered what it felt like to look forward to a game tonight. FINALLY!!!

As for playing Scott. I am all for it. League crosshairs or not. Nolan is saying you want to have Orr or anyone else start crap then have at it. We will be prepared. I don't see Scott initiating but he will be there if they go after one of our stars. Well.....you know what I mean.

Toronto has Kessell and Buffalo has... anyone? anyone?

Men? Moulson? No stick wielding pansies?

Partly because of Nolan and the change and partly because Toronto has Boland, Kadri, and Bozak all out, The Sabres win a wild game in a 4-3 fashion... they win in Regulation too!

I PROMISE 3 of the 5 will be involved in a fight...not for the sake of fighting, but to start this thing out right. Foligno, Ott, Weber, McCormick, Scott.

Look for a surprise or 2 as well. Stafford, Myers....

I put the over/under on Sabres fights at 3 1/2.

The Vegas odds are Toronto -135 / Buffalo +115. It would have been -175/+155.

It's time to put the women and children to sleep, and let the men do their thing.....

F the Leafs....

F the pussified bunker mentality and cronyism that has marred all things Sabres for much too long...

And F anyone who isn't a woman or child and isn't ready to go on this ride............

Terry's gonna need a change of boxers....Teddy B's gonna blow his new straight part....and I Know Physics is going to need a new identity by the end of this thing.

Welcome back to what being a Buffalonian is.....and welcome back to a game played by men.....

Great post. It makes me feel the same way I feel every time I hear Ted Nolan speak,… like if I drove to Buffalo and stepped on the ice, even I could contribute.

This is a pretty good day.

Win or lose for the first time in a long time I'm excited about being a Sabres fan again. Go Sabres !

I was just about to post the same thing. I've avoided this place like the plague since the offseason because of how awful everything felt. I'm actually looking forward to watching a Sabres game tonight!

I think it's all hype. There might be one staged fight, the game will be very anticlimactic. A solid, but boring, 2-1 win.

Yea, don't think I can agree with this on any level...

Pre-season fight will not be forgotten

Sabres and Leafs are #1 and #2 in fighting majors this year

The First game of the new regime

Teddy Nolan behind the Bench

Friday Night vs the Leafs

Hell, the video montage pre-game is going to have half the crowd in tears before they drop the puck (and those are the fired up welling in your eyes tears that say WELCOME THE FCK BACK BOYS!!

Archived