GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-15-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Only losers want their favorite team to lose instead of win. Bottom line.

Rebuilding is not "tanking." Neither is simply being bad. "Tanking" is losing games on purpose.

If a team is bad enough, they'll lose regardless of whether they "tank" or not. You cannot foster a winning culture by losing. A team that continued to be as toxic as ours was would completely stunt the development and drive of our young players, ensuring their worthlessness now and later, and getting the Sabres in "Perpetually Worthless" mode, like the Bills, Browns, Raiders, and Jaguars in football. Look at Edmonton. They have first pick after first pick and their team is STILL a dumpster fire.

I am so sick of this "tank" movement in sports. Wherever it came from, it needs to go back and die a quick and painful death.

Only losers want their favorite team to lose instead of win. Bottom line.

Rebuilding is not "tanking." Neither is simply being bad. "Tanking" is losing games on purpose.

If a team is bad enough, they'll lose regardless of whether they "tank" or not. You cannot foster a winning culture by losing. A team that continued to be as toxic as ours was would completely stunt the development and drive of our young players, ensuring their worthlessness now and later, and getting the Sabres in "Perpetually Worthless" mode, like the Bills, Browns, Raiders, and Jaguars in football. Look at Edmonton. They have first pick after first pick and their team is STILL a dumpster fire.

I am so sick of this "tank" movement in sports. Wherever it came from, it needs to go back and die a quick and painful death.

It came from watching pretty much every championship team having a legitimate star that was found in the top picks. In every sport (baseball isn't a sport). The easiest and quickest way to the top is finding a superstar at the top of the draft. Nothing else is working, so maybe it's time for a new effort.

It came from watching pretty much every championship team having a legitimate star that was found in the top picks. In every sport (baseball isn't a sport). The easiest and quickest way to the top is finding a superstar at the top of the draft. Nothing else is working, so maybe it's time for a new effort.

Leaving alone your asinine comment about baseball, no, it came from the NBA2k-ification of things, where people think real life is a video game and all you need is a top pick and you're suddenly amazing. There are plenty of ways to put together a winning team without a #1 pick. I'd rather model myself after the Red Wings than the Edmonton Oilers.

But I've had this argument for months at the boards for my favorite basketball team (and now football too, in recent weeks) so I'm not interested in having it here too.

Leaving alone your asinine comment about baseball, no, it came from the NBA2k-ification of things, where people think real life is a video game and all you need is a top pick and you're suddenly amazing. There are plenty of ways to put together a winning team without a #1 pick. I'd rather model myself after the Red Wings than the Edmonton Oilers.

But I've had this argument for months at the boards for my favorite basketball team (and now football too, in recent weeks) so I'm not interested in having it here too.

and yet you waded in anyway? :blink:

Give me Datayuk or Zetterberg in the 5th round and we'll talk about building like the Red Wings.

Sorry for the baseball comment haha. Been debating today with a kid who claimed baseball is THE HARDEST of all sports which is more ridiculous than what I said.

Who is your basketball team?

so, what was the point then? a chance to call someone who disagrees with you a loser?

Cuz it's a message board? Sometimes the topic gets annoying enough where I have to jump in briefly.

Give me Datayuk or Zetterberg in the 5th round and we'll talk about building like the Red Wings.

Sorry for the baseball comment haha. Been debating today with a kid who claimed baseball is THE HARDEST of all sports which is more ridiculous than what I said.

Who is your basketball team?

Suns.

Tanking is even more justified in basketball than in hockey....

Suns.

....especially when your team is the Phoenix Suns :nana:

Archived