GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-15-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Win or lose for the first time in a long time I'm excited about being a Sabres fan again. Go Sabres !

I this this is the feeling of a lot of Sabres fans, everyone I've talked to about the Sabres, has that feeling again. It's nice to feel excited about a Sabres game and not almost dread watching it.

See a emotional and convincing Sabre win this evening, perhaps 5 - 1 or 5 - 2. Leafs may win close one in overtime or shootout at home. (maybe). Long overdue steps made by ownership this week, Lafontaine, a excellent face to franchise, a personable likeable man, a great former player. Do think having Nolan as coach will make watching Sabre games fun again. All and all a great week for Sabres and their supporters, Lafontaine and management group selecting the right person to lead out in rebuild the most important issue going forward. Perhaps once Miller is gone , this a team with a management and coach I can even root for. (second to Leafs)

I PROMISE 3 of the 5 will be involved in a fight...not for the sake of fighting, but to start this thing out right. Foligno, Ott, Weber, McCormick, Scott.

Look for a surprise or 2 as well. Stafford, Myers....

I put the over/under on Sabres fights at 3 1/2.

The Vegas odds are Toronto -135 / Buffalo +115. It would have been -175/+155.

It's time to put the women and children to sleep, and let the men do their thing.....

F the Leafs....

F the pussified bunker mentality and cronyism that has marred all things Sabres for much too long...

And F anyone who isn't a woman or child and isn't ready to go on this ride............

Terry's gonna need a change of boxers....Teddy B's gonna blow his new straight part....and I Know Physics is going to need a new identity by the end of this thing.

Welcome back to what being a Buffalonian is.....and welcome back to a game played by men.....

YES!

Great post. It makes me feel the same way I feel every time I hear Ted Nolan speak,… like if I drove to Buffalo and stepped on the ice, even I could contribute.

This is a pretty good day.

Agreed!

I cannot wait to get thru this day. I am very excited to see this team react to Nolan's coaching. I think they come out with more energy than we've seen all season.

i would be fall out of the chair shocked if the Leafs allowed themselves to get involved in any type of huge scrum. The Leafs are 5 points out of the top spot in the division with a game in hand. The Leafs should be looking at this weekend as nothing more than 4 possible points against the worst team in hockey. Anything less than 4 points for the Leafs has to be considered a huge disappointment for the Leafs.

If the Sabres are dumb enough to dress and play John Scott knowing he will forever be in the crosshairs of NHL officials that is something the Leafs should take advantage of. The Leafs should let Scott try to initiate and don't retaliate.

1. You're right.

2. Scott isn't out there to initiate.

I am excited as ever. I think we're all excited because we believe, for the first time in a long long time, that the people in charge care even more than committed fans do. They will not let things drag on and on in a monotonous hum. It won't always be a hurricane of changes but it will not be the woe-is-me attitude we've had to endure FOREVER.

Anyone from buffalo knows its pretty hard to be optimistic about the future. My parents have had the paper delivered forever and I remember the headline that stated Buffalo had officially dipped under 300,000 residents and how it could negatively affect the amount of money the city received amongst other things. It was a blustery, snowy day and it was grim. I was in full, "how can I make buffalo better mode while I lived there", but I'm just like everyone else that left. Even my high school closed its doors for good this year, which I could not believe.

Anyways, I am hoping so much inside that things get better for the region, starting with the team and the culture fans have sadly gotten used to.....

I'll be at my first game at the end of the month completely rooting against these same Maple Weeds.

Lets Go Buffalo...100x........

Shout out to millbank. Hello my friend, it's been a long time.

For the first time in a long time, it feels good to be a Sabres fan. Game on!!

Win, or loose, it doesn't really matter. Sabre fans have something to cheer about and to look forward to. And it's not really about tonight's game.

A home and home against the Leafs, what better way to start the new era.

It's been a while, but I can say this now with conviction ...

GO SABRES!!

If anyone in Rochester (on the East side) is interested in meeting up tonight to watch the game, a bunch of people are planning on meeting in Penfield at the Penfield Pour House tonight. I'll be there at 645 wearing my white Ennis jersey. It's the old Crummers for anyone familiar with the area.

The sun is out. Darcy's statue has been toppled. He's hanging from a lamp post down by the docks. Rolston is in South America. People are coming outside, hugging their neighbors, exchanging tales of survival. Is this what it feels like in Third World countries when a dictator is ousted?

The first Sabres game I ever attended was on March 17th, 1997. The Sabres trounced the Bruins 5-1 and Rob Ray got his 2000th career penalty minute that night. It was the game that was postponed the night the Jumbotron fell.

Ted Nolan was behind the bench that night.

Pat Lafontaine was sitting on it.

I'm ready.

And there you go. Sabres hockey is all about soul again.

The sun is out. Darcy's statue has been toppled. He's hanging from a lamp post down by the docks. Rolston is in South America. People are coming outside, hugging their neighbors, exchanging tales of survival. Is this what it feels like in Third World countries when a dictator is ousted?

I've been waiting a long time to see you, GoDD, and Kristian post post-darcy. I have to say you haven't disappointed at all so far :lol:

And there you go. Sabres hockey is all about soul again.

I just hope we don't get Egyptusitis.

I am excited as ever. I think we're all excited because we believe, for the first time in a long long time, that the people in charge care even more than committed fans do. They will not let things drag on and on in a monotonous hum. It won't always be a hurricane of changes but it will not be the woe-is-me attitude we've had to endure FOREVER.

Anyone from buffalo knows its pretty hard to be optimistic about the future. My parents have had the paper delivered forever and I remember the headline that stated Buffalo had officially dipped under 300,000 residents and how it could negatively affect the amount of money the city received amongst other things. It was a blustery, snowy day and it was grim. I was in full, "how can I make buffalo better mode while I lived there", but I'm just like everyone else that left. Even my high school closed its doors for good this year, which I could not believe.

Anyways, I am hoping so much inside that things get better for the region, starting with the team and the culture fans have sadly gotten used to.....

I'll be at my first game at the end of the month completely rooting against these same Maple Weeds.

Buffalo is slowly figuring it's ###### out. Not just the team, but the city as a whole. More people are moving back into it. There's money being pumped in from the outside by guys like Pegula. The Larkin District is just cool, the medical sector continues to grow. We actually have a WATERFRONT that people want to go to.

Things can't stay the same forever. At some point the right people show up and start doing the right things because they have heart.

The over/under on the number of seconds it takes the crowd to chant "Teddy, Teddy" once the anthem is done? .75 seconds.

If the players know nothing else I think they will feel tonight what the change means to the fans and in addition what it means to have Nolan behind the bench.

Some people are bitching that LaFontaine and Nolan aren't the answers.. that may be. For me, it was the organization showing it's propensity for change that has me more excited than the actual change that occurred. I share the skeptics view of LaFontaine's lack of experience could be an issue.

Still.. the blue will be bluer and gold will be golder with the Darcy filter removed.

The over/under on the number of seconds it takes the crowd to chant "Teddy, Teddy" once the anthem is done? .75 seconds.

If the players know nothing else I think they will feel tonight what the change means to the fans and in addition what it means to have Nolan behind the bench.

Some people are bitching that LaFontaine and Nolan aren't the answers.. that may be. For me, it was the organization showing it's propensity for change that has me more excited than the actual change that occurred. I share the skeptics view of LaFontaine's lack of experience could be an issue.

Still.. the blue will be bluer and gold will be golder with the Darcy filter removed.

Very well said LTS. :clapping:

Da. Ja govorim malo bosanskog jezika.

And back on topic ... 4 - 1 Sabre win.

Haha, ja isto govorim bosanski. Moj covek je bosanac. Ja nissam nikako a ja sam sebe naucila pricati i napisati.

Only crazy people do the whole multicultural thing but it keeps you on your toes for sure.

Anywho, a 4-1 win is very optimistic. I'm thinking miller will hold them in a 2-2 tie into the third and hodgson will score a pp goal with 5 minutes to go, to get really specific about it.

Haha, ja isto govorim bosanski. Moj covek je bosanac. Ja nissam nikako a ja sam sebe naucila pricati i napisati.

Only crazy people do the whole multicultural thing but it keeps you on your toes for sure.

Anywho, a 4-1 win is very optimistic. I'm thinking miller will hold them in a 2-2 tie into the third and hodgson will score a pp goal with 5 minutes to go, to get really specific about it.

Really? From where in Bosnia? When did he leave? Before, during, or after the war?

What is his heritage?

Probably getting too personal and I apologize for that.

Don't answer in the public forum if that's the case. PM me if you want.

OK ... 3-2 it is ... ;)

Funny funny post, but yeah, pretty much that's what it feels like. I laughed out loud for that one.

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks again for letting me write those articles back in high school!

@BuffNewsVogl

It looks like Ryan Miller will start in goal tonight for the Sabres against the Leafs.

@BuffNewsVogl

Mikhail Grigorenko, Johan Larsson, Nikita Zadorov and injured Mike Weber will not play for the Sabres tonight against Leafs.

annoyed but not surprised... I am hoping Nolan wants to evaluate Grigs, Larsson, and Zadorov more before making decisions. I hope another coach doesn't treat Grigorenko like that special kid who comes around trick - r - treating on halloween. OOO your costume is so cute here is a snickers.

It honestly sort of feels like that.

Midnight on the dot, eh? Very nice. I was thinking about taking a shot at it myself but fell asleep.

I'm glad a professional handled it on a day like this though.

I PROMISE 3 of the 5 will be involved in a fight...not for the sake of fighting, but to start this thing out right. Foligno, Ott, Weber, McCormick, Scott.

Look for a surprise or 2 as well. Stafford, Myers....

I put the over/under on Sabres fights at 3 1/2.

The Vegas odds are Toronto -135 / Buffalo +115. It would have been -175/+155.

It's time to put the women and children to sleep, and let the men do their thing.....

F the Leafs....

F the pussified bunker mentality and cronyism that has marred all things Sabres for much too long...

And F anyone who isn't a woman or child and isn't ready to go on this ride............

Terry's gonna need a change of boxers....Teddy B's gonna blow his new straight part....and I Know Physics is going to need a new identity by the end of this thing.

Welcome back to what being a Buffalonian is.....and welcome back to a game played by men.....

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1651615

I think it's all hype. There might be one staged fight, the game will be very anticlimactic. A solid, but boring, 2-1 win.

Spoken like someone who doesn't see the difference between Miller and Enroth.

Yea, don't think I can agree with this on any level...

Pre-season fight will not be forgotten

Sabres and Leafs are #1 and #2 in fighting majors this year

The First game of the new regime

Teddy Nolan behind the Bench

Friday Night vs the Leafs

Hell, the video montage pre-game is going to have half the crowd in tears before they drop the puck (and those are the fired up welling in your eyes tears that say WELCOME THE FCK BACK BOYS!!

Good post.

The first Sabres game I ever attended was on March 17th, 1997. The Sabres trounced the Bruins 5-1 and Rob Ray got his 2000th career penalty minute that night. It was the game that was postponed the night the Jumbotron fell.

Ted Nolan was behind the bench that night.

Pat Lafontaine was sitting on it.

I'm ready.

Outstanding.

This.

And this.

Let's go, Buffalo!

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres coach Ted Nolan says he will use Ville Leino and Zemgus Girgensons at center, and Marcus Foligno will be at wing. (1/2)

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' Nolan: "We want to put these guys where they feel comfortable so there's no excuses." (2/2)

BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png speculated lines for tonight

Moulson-Hodgson-Stafford

Ennis-Girgensons-Ott

Foligno-Leino-Flynn

Scott-McCormick-Tropp

Archived