GDT: Toronto at Buffalo 11-15-13 at 7:00 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres coach Ted Nolan says he will use Ville Leino and Zemgus Girgensons at center, and Marcus Foligno will be at wing. (1/2)

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' Nolan: "We want to put these guys where they feel comfortable so there's no excuses." (2/2)

Like Girgensons at center, love Foligno back on the wing...and then there's Leino at center. Hey, 2/3 isn't bad, right? :lol:

Free Grigs!!!

I want to hear the soundbyte where Leino asks to be put at center. :P

I hope the Sabres post an interview with Leino and he's asked what will be different this time at C vs when he first came here.

Like Girgensons at center, love Foligno back on the wing...and then there's Leino at center. Hey, 2/3 isn't bad, right? :lol:

Free Grigs!!!

No more hiding for Leino!

Funny funny post, but yeah, pretty much that's what it feels like. I laughed out loud for that one.

Nice to hear from you again. Thanks again for letting me write those articles back in high school!

See, I thought that's who you were! Good times. Remember, The Wayback Machine is your friend. You can still read those articles in Nat's Alley.

They know what they have in Grigs, Zadarov, and Larsson. They are young and their future is ahead of them. He wants to see RIGHT NOW what he has in Leino, Stafford, Ennis, Myers, and whoever else he may feel needs to step up or ship out. I like it. Put these guys in a position that they have to step up. Like he said "no more excuses". The first step to changing the culture.

He mentioned he talked to a handful of players and they were very open about things. Pretty obvious that players playing out of position was one of the complaints he heard.

Hmmm??

@pham1717

Nolan said he feels 23 is more comfortable at center so he's moving there and 82's on the wing. 23 just told me this wk he's not a centerman

Sounds like Nolan put Leino in a position to play himself right off the team. And if he feels he just doesn't want to play center after lighting it up on the wing since he's been in Buffalo, then good riddance.

GO SABRES!!!

Music that was on the charts when Nolan was last coaching the Sabres

lol! Ladies and gentlemen, topping the charts the last time Ted Nolan coached the Sabres was this song. (Play Macarena). Ladies and gentlemen, Ted Nolan and the Buffalo Sabres!

Lame?

Or... you play the Plante goal, Nolan's jumping up and down, and at "Here come the Buffalo Sabres!" here come the Buffalo Sabres.

BTW, there's one more domino to fall here. The arena presentation people. I'll be watching tonight to see if they get things right. There will be so many opportunities to really get people fired up. Having said that, there will be times they'll have to let the crowd do it themselves.

Archived