GM Speculation

Eleven

Thanks. I don't know if I've mentioned it but I really appreciate the relavant tweets and information you contribute to these threads. I don't have twitter myself (even though I'm under 30) so the info you post on here is great. I'm sure I speak for many on this board when I say thanks.

You're more than welcome.

Thanks. I don't know if I've mentioned it but I really appreciate the relavant tweets and information you contribute to these threads. I don't have twitter myself (even though I'm under 30) so the info you post on here is great. I'm sure I speak for many on this board when I say thanks.

You're more than welcome.

I'd like to echo this sentiment, I don't have a twitter/reliable sources either (and I'm under 25) so all the info you and others provide is very much appreciated.

Plus, this board kicks ass, so much better than any other forum I've been a part of :thumbsup:

I'd like to echo this sentiment, I don't have a twitter/reliable sources either (and I'm under 25) so all the info you and others provide is very much appreciated.

Plus, this board kicks ass, so much better than any other forum I've been a part of :thumbsup:

Thanks Man. :thumbsup:

Thanks Much! :thumbsup:

Although I have said it in the past I shall join this thanking of you, as i don't have twitter either (and i'm under 23)

Me as well. Whenever you'd like to retire, I'll take over haha. Whenever I see a tweet I just know that you'll have it up within minutes so I see no reason to take your thunder.

Thanks guy. It's not my thunder. Just a plugged in fan like many others here that I learn quite a bit from.

Thanks Much! :thumbsup:

Thanks guy. It's not my thunder. Just a plugged in fan like many others here that I learn quite a bit from.

Agree with everyone, thanks as well. I do have a twitter account but am almost 50...and don't always have the time to check sources.

You young one's need to get with the times, if nothing else to discover new sources of info you are interested in. You don't have to tweet.

Agree with everyone, thanks as well. I do have a twitter account but am almost 50...and don't always have the time to check sources.

You young one's need to get with the times, if nothing else to discover new sources of info you are interested in. You don't have to tweet.

You're very welcome. I don't tweet much either, but I follow lots of legit hockey sources.

WRT the GM search, Botterill is the GM for tonight's Amerks opponent WBS so it makes sense that they would interview him in Roch tonight.

BTW, Bucky was on Shredd and Ragan today. (I'm not sure exactly why, but I usually listen to him on their show.) He said he wasn't aware of the Sabres asking for or getting permission to interview Botteril, so he didn't know whether it was going to happen.

If he can't develop any sources in the organ-eye-zation, couldn't he at least check twitter? Or at least 26CB's posts?

I haven't checked something (this thread) so frequently since my pants after I ate that old subway at work one day. I lost that day, but hopefully we'll win this one

I've tried and tried and tried.. Could someone translate this for me?

BTW, Bucky was on Shredd and Ragan today. (I'm not sure exactly why, but I usually listen to him on their show.) He said he wasn't aware of the Sabres asking for or getting permission to interview Botteril, so he didn't know whether it was going to happen.

If he can't develop any sources in the organ-eye-zation, couldn't he at least check twitter? Or at least 26CB's posts?

Bucky is really not very good at his job. He has burned many bridges with the local teams, and does not seem to care about hustling to get accurate information. Spouting off opinions is what he is all about. No facts required.

@ian_mendes

David Poile tells @TSN1200 he reached out to the Buffalo Sabres to suggest Paul Fenton as their GM. He is waiting to hear back from them.

Paul Fenton Assistant General Manager: http://predators.nhl...ge.htm?id=36986

I find it kind of strange some of the GM's being overally happy or even suggesting their assistants get a look with Buffalo. I know they should and probably are slightly happy for them but if they're great assistants wouldn't it hurt the organisation if they go?

Bucky is really not very good at his job. He has burned many bridges with the local teams, and does not seem to care about hustling to get accurate information. Spouting off opinions is what he is all about. No facts required.

I could be wrong on this but didn't Bucky break the Darcy and Ron being fired story??

I find it kind of strange some of the GM's being overally happy or even suggesting their assistants get a look with Buffalo. I know they should and probably are slightly happy for them but if they're great assistants wouldn't it hurt the organisation if they go?

I could be wrong on this but didn't Bucky break the Darcy and Ron being fired story??

1. Sign of a good boss.

2. No; it was all over twitter before Bucky got his hands on it. The international guys were there first.

It's funny how all these ex-Sabres retreads end up always resurfacing within the organization. And how Uncle Terry is their champion. As long as Pegula rules here we're going to have the same Bad Old Boy network so expect Dudley, Botterill, Benning or any other current executive who used to be with the organization in some capacity as the next GM.

Archived