Game Day Thread: 2013 home opener -- Ottawa vs. Buffalo 10/4/13

nfreeman

It's on!

A young lineup gets even younger with Larsson in for Leino.

Miller was very sharp in game 1 -- let's get him some scoring support tonight.

Good division rivalry and a good opponent, with one of the most exciting young players in the league in Karlsson. Not to mention Spezza, the newly acquired Bobby Ryan and the loathsome Chris Neil.

It's nothing Zemgus can't handle.

Go Sabres.

So far the Buffalo sports weekend of Sabres Bills Sabres Sabres has been a bust. Let's hope the Sabres can beat these guys because tomorrow is in Pittsburgh. This might be the best chance of the set.

So far the Buffalo sports weekend of Sabres Bills Sabres Sabres has been a bust. Let's hope the Sabres can beat these guys because tomorrow is in Pittsburgh. This might be the best chance of the set.

Tomorrow night at approx 10pm we will be reminded of what it's like to be a Buffalo sports fan. Bills/Sabres go 0-4 and we have learned that Manuel is out for the year.

Put Larsson on the first line.

That spot will be reserved for Girgensons.

Looking forward to tonight's game to see how the Sabres handle a different style of team. Hopefully they have the jump of the home opener and get it done. I'm just looking for continued improvement.

One interesting item of note.. this morning on WGR550 Jeremy White mentioned that Ennis had the highest puck possession numbers and Leino was second. In the GDT for Detroit I believe they were getting blasted as being turnover machines. It appears that the stats said otherwise.

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

I'm hoping that there's a stronger level of compete, and, frankly, a better ability to compete against a team that, with any luck, won't be quite as adept at making us look like an AHL team (that Red Wings game appeared to be little more than a glorified scrimmage for Detroit).

Put Larsson on the first line.

Now, now.

Archived