Game Day Thread: 2013 home opener -- Ottawa vs. Buffalo 10/4/13

nfreeman

And now with Scott in for Mic the 4th line will see about 5 minutes of play.

Maybe, but Rolston has been trying to use Scott as a hockey-player. I think they may see more than 5 minutes. 6, 7, maybe 8, but more than 5.

One thing I do know about this season - Miller needs to have a career year for the team to be succesful, cause I have *no* clue where the goals are supposed to come from, unless Vanek decides to score 60.

I think, to win, they have to keep the opposition to less than three goals every night, cause I don't see them scoring four, an awful lot.

Pretty much like how things used to be when Hasek was here - We'd be outshout 41-17, Hasek would stand on his head, and we'd win 2-1.

it is sort of weird to have scott in the lineup without the other team's heavyweight dressed.

Yeah. I'm thinking Ottawa is purposely going with a skill lineup now that they know Scott is dressed.

Really, teams without heavies don't have to fear Scott at all. As pugilists go, he's about as nice guy to non-pugilists as they come.

Although Kessel may disagree. :P

Neil's not a heavyweight, but that is the reason for dressing Scott. He'd love to start some crap with the young guys, but now he might not.

I don't think McCormick has ever fought Neil. I'd like to see that one play out.

I've heard a ton of chatter on message boards regarding Larsson. My first time really seeing him play so I am pretty pumped for that. I thought the rookie line of Girgs Grigs and Flynn was our best offensive line last game. Let's let these kids continue to learn the game. Hoping for a win but I have a feeling we will need another huge game from Miller to make it happen.

Rolston has only been saying good things about him all camp long. I was surprised he didn't play in Detroit, but i am looking forward to seeing what he can do tonight.

that's probably right.

this is true?

Home team has the last change. That's why it was ridiculous for Carlyle to complain about who we had on the ice in the Toronto game.

EDIT: I actually just re-read that. I was talking about line changes. I don't know about announcing who is playing before or if they even have to.

For Ennis I believe that. He did hold the puck for long times. The problem was he zigged and zagged with it for long time, but he would eventually hold it too long and Detroit would catch him and take it away. So yeah he had puck possession but it ended with a turnover. Someone dubbed him Max 2.0 and I think that is dead on.

I wonder if it is because his teamates are standing around??? Puck watching or Ennis just has his head down too much and not finding cutters. Probably some of both.

Duh. It's a new system for a quarter of the Sabres team, many of them playing on lines with people they've never played with before, in a league that is a level above anything they've ever seen before, against one of the elite teams in that league before the old guys on that elite team have been beaten up. The kids will come up to speed, they will be fine, and the team as a whole will gel. I'm not that worried about it. Also, we have to see this for the rebuilding year it is. Making the playoffs would be a major accomplishment.

Just sit back and watch the kids grow up.

Not the kids I am worried about. Stafford standing around and Myers looked horrible. The young guys actually looked like they came to play. D needs to be better.

I always like how Buffalo does the Canadian anthem. I think they should rotate the anthems through the countries represented on the team. Be nice to hear Finland, Russia, Canada, Sweden, etc. Nice touch for the players too.

Archived