CONFIRMED BREAKING new Third Jerseys!

Hoss

The league should at least rotate months.....October - white at home November - darks at home Dec -White at home etc.

Should be like NFL. Each team decides what jersey to wear when playing at home.

When does the damn contract with Nike run out so teams can wear their white jerseys at home and the dark ones on the road? It's so counter-intuitive the way things it is now.

The league determined that the dark jerseys will be worn at home. I don't recall Nike having a say in this.

I think they'll just break out the original home jerseys, like the ones featured at the Winter Classic. I know they're basically the aways but the blue is different and they'll look nice at home.

The original home jerseys are white - third jerseys are (almost) always worn at home, so these days they would have to be dark. The original home whites won't work.

When does the damn contract with Nike run out so teams can wear their white jerseys at home and the dark ones on the road? It's so counter-intuitive the way things it is now.

I believe contract is with Reebok, not Nike. I also wish they could go back to the square-bottomed jerseys as the current rounded hems kind of remind me of a ballet tutu when players make quick spin moves.

The original home jerseys are white - thrid jerseys are (almost) always worn at home, so these days they would have to be dark. The original home whites won't work.

I believe contract is with Reebok, not Nike. I also wish they could go back to the square-bottomed jerseys as the current rounded hems kind of remind me of a ballet tutu when players make quick spin moves.

You might be right. But whether it's Nike or Reebok, I think the NHL must be the only major league that has bowed down and changed their tradition to please a jersey manufacturer.

You might be right. But whether it's Nike or Reebok, I think the NHL must be the only major league that has bowed down and changed their tradition to please a jersey manufacturer.

I think all of the major leagues have done this to some extent (did you see those idiotic collars a bunch of NFL teams, including the Bills, were stuck with last season? Or *everything* about the new Seahawks uniforms?).

I think MLB has probably done the best job resisting horrible changes to please companies like Nike/Reebok/etc. but even they have a bunch of ill-conceived batting practice hats and special occasion hats used in games and immediately on sale afterwards.

This kid might just be randomly saying this, but random twitter guy says there's a rumor of it being revealed at the June 30th draft party:

https://twitter.com/...437282283909120

Doubt it. The Sabres will probably save the new uniforms and have a special event for them closer to the start of the season to generate buzz or whatever. Maybe an open practice or whatever like how they introduced the Slugs. As incompetent as they are when it comes to putting a team on the ice, they're not too bad at marketing.

This forum continues to impress me year after year. The lockout really brought out some sides of people that we didn't know existed and that most forums would have avoided entirely. But this place has a dynamic that made some very touchy subjects borderline civil. Which on the internet as well as in real life is not easy to accomplish. This forum exists like it does because of our standards which are above average. Some people don't fit and that's okay, but many that we've expected to disappear have hung around and they get it.

We don't mean to be jerks, but we can be, and it's because we have high expectations. A lot of us are friends in real life, and like friends, we're jerks to each other. But we mean well :P

I'm on several other forums of various commonalities, and this forum is one of the more civilized groups. In general I think most on here haven't gotten to the point of showing their alter ego because they sit behind a keyboard instead of being face to face. I hope that day never comes. I think most on here take constructive criticism fairly well, I've pointed out to others when I think they've gone too far and it was received without confrontation. I would expect the same.

Doubt it. The Sabres will probably save the new uniforms and have a special event for them closer to the start of the season to generate buzz or whatever. Maybe an open practice or whatever like how they introduced the Slugs. As incompetent as they are when it comes to putting a team on the ice, they're not too bad at marketing.

I agree. It COULD be at the rookie scrimmage. The rookies wore the actual jerseys for the scrimmage last year. Could have one team wear the alternates and the other wear the roads.

Or they could just wait until very close to the season like they did before.

Kid with that tweet claimed that he heard it from his friend who writes for Sporting News.

I think MLB has probably done the best job resisting horrible changes to please companies like Nike/Reebok/etc. but even they have a bunch of ill-conceived batting practice hats and special occasion hats used in games and immediately on sale afterwards.

A lot of the baseball teams have a million different uniform combinations now. Short of traditional teams like the Yankees dodgers and cubs, teams have gone way too far there too.

A lot of the baseball teams have a million different uniform combinations now. Short of traditional teams like the Yankees dodgers and cubs, teams have gone way too far there too.

The Mets are the worst. They introduced TWO blue alternates this year (a home and a road) despite already having three jerseys (pinstripe, white, and road gray). AND despite the fact that their pinstripe and road gray alone would be just about the best set in baseball. Basically they have two perfect uniforms (for road and away) and three other versions that just muddy up the identity.

In general, though, I like teams having an alternate or two. It's a long season so an extra uniform or two to change things up is pretty cool. If it's done right (e.g. the red Angels alternate, the yellow A's alt, the powder blue Rays alt, etc.), it looks awesome and actually adds to the identity.

Oh, and just for fun, the Milwaukee Brewers are wearing "Polish Heritage" jerseys this Saturday to coincide with the city's Polish-American Festival. In 2011 and 2012, they did German and Italian versions for one-off games.

wpid-1371604348.jpg

NOTE: This is ONLY cool in baseball when you have a 162 game season to play around with.

I hate third jerseys.

Except for Minnesota's.

Our most recent third jerseys were BEAUTIFUL. I bought one. Only jersey I have after losing the rest of them. So I have more of a soft spot for those even now.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw that. Literally the ONLY remotely important thing that came out of that pathetically annoying Q&A.

Thanks for posting this!

You're welcome. The expectations for anything meaningful should have been pretty low for a twitter chat with the owner's daughter.

Saw that. Literally the ONLY remotely important thing that came out of that pathetically annoying Q&A.

Thanks for posting this!

To be fair, did you really think Kim Pegula was going to drop a lot of important info during her twitter interview?

Excited about the new jerseys. Hope they kept it simple.

Like this?

post-1415-0-77191100-1373394320_thumb.jpg

I certainly hope not. Really dislike that gold.

That is just horrendous enough to be real. Hideous.

That sweater has been floating around the Sabres online catalogue for years. I almost asked for one for Christmas like 5 years ago but it was $90 so I found something cheaper. I doubt very much there's any correlation between that and the new Sabres jerseys.

Archived