2013-2014 Roster Projection Thoughts

qwksndmonster

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres D pairings at practice: Ehrhoff-Pysyk. Tallinder-Myers. McBain-Ristolainen. Zadorov-Scott.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres lines at practice: Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis. Ott-Foligno-Tropp. Girgensons-Larsson-Stafford/Flynn. Grigorenko-McCormick-Leino/Kaleta.

I hope Rolston is just still hammered from last night.

Multiple twatterers reporting that Armia is headed to Rochester in about a week.

I hope that it's more or less a "conditioning stint" and not permanent. I would love to see home and the G-men on a line at this level. We could scrap McBain and _______(insert any forward's name here not named Grigs, Girgs, Folgino, Moulson, Hodgson, Ott or Tropp).

Look, I get the tank philosophy.

But I am assuming Larsson, Risto, the Zs, Grigorenko, Pysyk and Armia are all supposed to be part of the rebuilt Sabres.

Is the constant failure this year going to help them moving forward?

If I am any of them, am I going to continue to respect Rolston's message when this is the result?

Are we squandering the talent we have collected in the first two years of our 71 Canadiens model?

Paul Hamilton mentioned in one of the recent pregame shows that Grigorenko refuses to listen to coaches or veterans which is a large part of his place in the lineup.

This could be true, but I honestly don't believe much of anything that Hamilton reports. Between his absurd leading questions (which normally take the form of some long diatribe he just expects the player to agree with) and his constant intermingling of opinion and reporting without distinguishing them, I honestly don't have much respect left for him.

But I am assuming Larsson, Risto, the Zs, Grigorenko, Pysyk and Armia are all supposed to be part of the rebuilt Sabres.

If I am any of them, am I going to continue to respect Rolston's message when this is the result?

Are we squandering the talent we have collected in the first two years of our 71 Canadiens model?

I'll be straight. I don't think any of these guys is allowed to put any blame on Rolston. Are you seeing this roster? If I'm a rookie on this team, I'm looking at the washed up hack veterans all around me and saying "We're going to be a lot better once we get rid of these guys and they let us take over."

I'll be straight. I don't think any of these guys is allowed to put any blame on Rolston. Are you seeing this roster? If I'm a rookie on this team, I'm looking at the washed up hack veterans all around me and saying "We're going to be a lot better once we get rid of these guys and they let us take over."

God, I hope you're right, but only when I look at the Zs.

1) I could honestly go either way on this one. I think playing is useful, naturally, but it definitely has to be one miserable atmosphere in that locker room.

2) Maybe part of the reason for hiring Rolston was he'd be an easy fall guy for the tank years? So I'm not sure it's relevant in the long run.

3) I do think trying to accelerate development by icing 4 teenagers at once where they can't be properly protected by a solid veteran group could very well backfire.

Yet, those veterans continue to get playing time...often times at the expense of the rookies. I think there's a risk that helps lose the rooks.

1) I could honestly go either way on this one. I think playing is useful, naturally, but it definitely has to be one miserable atmosphere in that locker room.

2) Maybe part of the reason for hiring Rolston was he'd be an easy fall guy for the tank years? So I'm not sure it's relevant in the long run.

3) I do think trying to accelerate development by icing 4 teenagers at once where they can't be properly protected by a solid veteran group could very well backfire.

Yet, those veterans continue to get playing time...often times at the expense of the rookies. I think there's a risk that helps lose the rooks.

Until those vets aren't here anymore they are going to get played. Rookies should know the pecking order by now.

I don't think we can overlook the risk of immersing the FNGs in the losing marinade. The Sabres seem to have made the strategic decision that it won't harm their long-term development. They could be right, but I certainly don't trust their judgment.

I don't think we can overlook the risk of immersing the FNGs in the losing marinade. The Sabres seem to have made the strategic decision that it won't harm their long-term development. They could be right, but I certainly don't trust their judgment.

Which is why I don't mind the idea of signing a bunch of average vets to one-year deals this offseason to avoid forcing more youngsters into the lineup.

Better lines:

Moulson - Hodgson - Ennis

Foligno - Grigorenko - Leino

Girgensons - Larsson - Ott

Tropp - McCormick - Kaleta/Flynn

Scratch Stafford and Scott

Ehrhoff-Pysyk

Ristolainen-Zadorov

Tallinder-Myers

Scratch McBain

Could not agree more. I am starting to wonder if Rolston has any idea what he is doing. (I know, I know - what took so long to reach this conclusion?)

@pham1717

4 is with 55 with 61 working in

@pham1717

25 is centering 9 and 78. Foligno is extra on that line. His poor coverage on Sat may have earned him a sit

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres D pairings at practice: Ehrhoff-Pysyk. Tallinder-Myers. McBain-Ristolainen. Zadorov-Scott.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres lines at practice: Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis. Ott-Grigorenko-Tropp/Foligno. Girgensons-Larsson-Flynn. Leino-McCormick-Stafford.

Archived