2013-2014 Roster Projection Thoughts

qwksndmonster

Hamilton's tweeting that Rolston's heaping piles of high praise for Larsson today has him (PH) confused. I infer that the confusion stems from the fact that Larsson did not skate with 1 of the 4 lines today.

EDIT: FWIW, I can't imagine not playing Larsson against the Wings in the opener. Detroit has a roster that's roughly half Swedish -- why not have the young Swede out there with a game-style with which he's familiar, playing to impress his heroes?

Hamilton's tweeting that Rolston's heaping piles of high praise for Larsson today has him (PH) confused. I infer that the confusion stems from the fact that Larsson did not skate with 1 of the 4 lines today.

EDIT: FWIW, I can't imagine not playing Larsson against the Wings in the opener. Detroit has a roster that's roughly half Swedish -- why not have the young Swede out there with a game-style with which he's familiar, playing to impress his heroes?

It shouldn't be confusing, it's an obvious tire-pumping session to help offset the disappointment of not playing (assuming the practice lines hold up). "Yes you're not playing on Wednesday kid, but don't sweat it you've done nothing wrong, we love what you bring and right now it's just a numbers game, keep it up"...and so on.

It shouldn't be confusing, it's an obvious tire-pumping session to help offset the disappointment of not playing (assuming the practice lines hold up). "Yes you're not playing on Wednesday kid, but don't sweat it you've done nothing wrong, we love what you bring and right now it's just a numbers game, keep it up"...and so on.

As Chz is apparently aware, Hamilton went on to tweet that keeping Grigorenko on the third line with Girgensons is a head-scratcher, since Larsson has outplayed Grigorenko by a good measure.

Larsson should be centering Girgensons not Griggy.

As Chz is apparently aware, Hamilton went on to tweet that keeping Grigorenko on the third line with Girgensons is a head-scratcher, since Larsson has outplayed Grigorenko by a good measure.

Did Hamilton say that? I rarely agree with him. lol

Speaking of Griggy...how does his contract work if he got sent back to the Q (I know he isn't, but still)? Since it already kicked in last year, can we still slide it if he's in the Q, or does this season count as a year regardless of where he plays?

The contract can't slide after he plays that 10th game in the NHL.

what issue was there with this last year? something about how years were accruing to the player's FA eligiblity based on the player being rostered, not on the player actually playing a game? both the sabres and the devils, i believe, were thought to have miscontrued the rule, as they both had young players rostered but weren't playing them for the threshold # of games.

Larsson should be centering Girgensons not Griggy.

Yep it's as if history is repeating itself with this lineup. Hodgson appears to have made strides in his own zone but it still leaves the Sabres with 2 centers who aren't suited for play in their own zone. Weren't the acquisitions of Larsson and Girgs for this exact reason? So lets put one on the wing and te other in the press box.

The problem really stems from having both Ennis and Grigorenko on the team. Unless one is playing wing, which I don't think either's game Is catered to, it's going to leave this team with extraordinary gaps in defensive play. Neither are effective in their own zone, Ennis due to size, Grigs sheesh skating, awareness, desire, experience...

Unless one is playing wing, which I don't think either's game Is catered to,

i still don't get this. i must not understand enough about the game. i like ennis on the wing, and do not like him (sam i am) at center. but then i heard rolston recently -- the guy needs the puck on his stick, etc.

he weighs a buck-65 and he's not thickening up -- he cannot and will not make it as an nhl center, imo.

i still don't get this. i must not understand enough about the game. i like ennis on the wing, and do not like him (sam i am) at center. but then i heard rolston recently -- the guy needs the puck on his stick, etc.

he weighs a buck-65 and he's not thickening up -- he cannot and will not make it as an nhl center, imo.

Isn't it easier to play C as a smaller player as opposed to wing? Not being a smart ass, just asking.

Isn't it easier to play C as a smaller player as opposed to wing? Not being a smart ass, just asking.

I'm not a hockey player, or a coach, so I can't say.

The thing I do know, or have learned, is that centers have more defensive responsibilities, more ice to cover. I felt like I saw Ennis the greasy puck-magician disappear when he was playing top-6 center minutes. So I decided I wanted him back on wing with someone else lugging the mail.

I really hope Larson and Girgensons makes this team. No reason not to. I would sacrifice FLYNN for a spot. Also, I don't like Ennis at Center. He should play wing. Finally, a note to Stafford. He BETTER show up this season. He's got alot to prove. Same with Leino. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was injured last season, but this team desperately needs some gdamn goal scorers besides Vanek.

I really hope Larson and Girgensons makes this team. No reason not to. I would sacrifice FLYNN for a spot. Also, I don't like Ennis at Center. He should play wing. Finally, a note to Stafford. He BETTER show up this season. He's got alot to prove. Same with Leino. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt cause he was injured last season, but this team desperately needs some gdamn goal scorers besides Vanek.

I've given up on Stafford. He's a veteran who played one year to get his big contract. He's knows how to play just doesn't give the effort needed.

Archived