2013-2014 Roster Projection Thoughts

qwksndmonster

Girgs-Larsson-Ennis....Ron is so close to assembling a checking line that makes sense. Maybe in another 10 losses he'll fix that one poorly chosen piece.

I think time with those two is exactly what Ennis needs right now. He needs to build his confidence and Ennis is much better when he's skating well. Give him those two who can move and open up a bit of space and in a few games we start seeing a different Ennis. For the sake of conversation who do you put on for a checking line? Ott is my choice. Don't you dare say stafford :lol:

I think time with those two is exactly what Ennis needs right now. He needs to build his confidence and Ennis is much better when he's skating well. Give him those two who can move and open up a bit of space and in a few games we start seeing a different Ennis. For the sake of conversation who do you put on for a checking line? Ott is my choice. Don't you dare say stafford :lol:

I don't disagree with your point about Ennis, just I was hoping a real checking line would emerge so more specialized usage could happen. I'd put Ott or Flynn there personally.

Looks like the lines are being reshuffled for the weekend games: http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=21847

26 Thomas Vanek – 19 Cody Hodgson – 65 Brian Flynn

9 Steve Ott – 25 Mikhail Grigorenko – 82 Marcus Foligno

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 63 Tyler Ennis

21 Drew Stafford – 8 Cody McCormick – 23 Ville Leino

32 John Scott – 12 Kevin Porter – 36 Patrick Kaleta

78 Corey Tropp (red non-contact jersey)

10 Christian Ehrhoff – 3 Mark Pysyk

61 Nikita Zadorov – 57 Tyler Myers

20 Henrik Tallinder – 4 Jamie McBain

6 Mike Weber – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

30 Ryan Miller

1 Jhonas Enroth

Other than tallinder and mcbain I dont hate this.

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres lines today: Moulson-Hodgson-Ennis Ott-Foligno-Leino Girgensons-Grigorenko-Flynn McCormick-Larsson-Stafford

Tropp, Kaleta rotating

@BuffaloSabres

#Sabres D pairings: Ehrhoff-Pysyk Zadorov-Myers Tallinder-Ristolainen Scott-McBain

10-29 RR Post Practice Presser

10-29 Moulson After Practice

10-29 Tropp After Practice

10-29 Ennis After Practice

Is that who you want sent down or who you think will get sent down? Darcy's butthole is so tight with exposing players to waivers, I wonder if he would expose him. He did send down Sulzer...

I think it's who he will send down. I get what you're saying about Darcy, but given McBain's salary, how tight teams are to the cap, and his performance, I think he'd risk it.

Thought this was interesting...

Sean Gentille@seangentille1h

Crosby has factored into a league-leading 54.1 percent of his team's goals (20 of 37). The rest of the top five is interesting.

2. Brad Richards (54.1), 3. Stamkos (47.4), 4. Ovechkin (46.9), 5. Hodgson (45.5).

Hodgson has his warts, but he's producing offense on a team that doesn't have enough of it.

Thought this was interesting...

Crosby has factored into a league-leading 54.1 percent of his team's goals (20 of 37). The rest of the top five is interesting.

2. Brad Richards (54.1), 3. Stamkos (47.4), 4. Ovechkin (46.9), 5. Hodgson (45.5).

Hodgson has his warts, but he's producing offense on a team that doesn't have enough of it.

It's probably more accurate to say he's producing a high percentage of a shockingly unproductive offense. His percentage would be much lower on a league-average offense.

It's probably more accurate to say he's producing a high percentage of a shockingly unproductive offense. His percentage would be much lower on a league-average offense.

Taking his stats as is, yes. But I think it's likely if he were on even an average offensive team that his offensive statistics would also increase.

Archived