The other sports thread

Eleven

Has the college football coaching carousel ever been this crazy? Mark Richt at Georgia just got fired while Georgia has the number one HS QB coming in.

Les Miles might get fired. Steve Spurrier retired mid season. Frank Beamer retired. Sean Payton, Chip Kelly and Chuck Pagano are three NFL coaches who may move to college.

USC, Miami, South Carolina, Syracuse and Va Tech (they hired somebody already) all available. LSU possibly available. This will be fun.

Unfortunately for the 'cuse, they'll have about the 8th best college open slot. #### Pasqualoni. He killed a great program. :censored:

Unfortunately for the 'cuse, they'll have about the 8th best college open slot. #### Pasqualoni. He killed a great program. :censored:

I could see them poaching a good coach that gets cut by a dumb program, though. Maybe Mark Richt? That'd be a dream, but I think he'd take a coordinator job at a big program before the Cuse job, knowing he could get a good job in a year.

I could see them poaching a good coach that gets cut by a dumb program, though. Maybe Mark Richt? That'd be a dream, but I think he'd take a coordinator job at a big program before the Cuse job, knowing he could get a good job in a year.

Problem is, Richt still will have about 6 better slots to end up (seeing as GA is out) as a head coach rather than the 'cuse and as you state there's probably a couple of coordinators jobs that are more appealing. Again, #### Pasqualoni. :censored:

Wait, do people like Mark Richt? I was under the impression that he and his team's always disappoint.

Not that SU is a football school worthy of much. Anyways. I have a feeling it will be Ed Orgeron.

And f*** Paul Pasqualoni

Richt might not take another job. He was offered a job staying on the UGA staff as someone who works with the boosters and athletic department.

That said, I can't imagine Richt going to Syracuse. They don't have the facilities or recruiting muscle to really be consistently good. Also they don't pay as well as other large football schools.

Wait, do people like Mark Richt? I was under the impression that he and his team's always disappoint.

Not that SU is a football school worthy of much. Anyways. I have a feeling it will be Ed Orgeron.

And f*** Paul Pasqualoni

Keith thinks the AD let him go nope....

1 SEC Title 

0 National Title

5-10 vs Florida , your most bitter rival

Boosters and alumni with deep deep pockets said the check wont be in the mail.....that is waht got him shticanned

1 SEC Title 

0 National Title

5-10 in the last 15 years vs Florida

The motto of wait til next year left a bitter taste in the deep pocketed boosters and alumni who said the check wont be in the mail.  THAT is what got him shticanned

1 SEC Title 

0 National Title

5-10 in the last 15 years vs Florida

The motto of wait til next year left a bitter taste in the deep pocketed boosters and alumni who said the check wont be in the mail.  THAT is what got him shticanned

He's being replaced by Kirby Smart, Alabama's defensive coordinator. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14269857/georgia-bulldogs-name-kirby-smart-new-head-coach

Price to the Red Sox, 7 years, $217m. Oh Boston, how I am enjoying you becoming the Yankees

And with the Yankees continuing to decrease payroll. Boston gives out awful contracts. Even so, Price will opt out of this contract after 3 years.

I know there aren't too many NBA fans around here, but what the Warriors are doing so far this season is completely absurd. I don't want to prematurely call them the best team in any sport in my lifetime, but this is at worst the second most impressive stretch I've ever watched (it pains me to say the 2007 Patriots are the other contender).

I know there aren't too many NBA fans around here, but what the Warriors are doing so far this season is completely absurd. I don't want to prematurely call them the best team in any sport in my lifetime, but this is at worst the second most impressive stretch I've ever watched (it pains me to say the 2007 Patriots are the other contender).

No love for the Bulls?

No love for the Bulls?

Love the Bulls--Jordan is the reason I like basketball. And I'm not yet willing to say this Warriors team is better than at least a couple of those Bulls teams (especially the 96 team); it's a long season and a lot can happen. But they never won 20 in a row (had 18 at one point though). And most of these Warriors games haven't even been close (to be fair, neither were the Bulls games). The West is so good I never thought any team would rattle off 20 in a row, although the Dubs have been beating up on a lot of bad teams and only have a few quality wins (Clips x2, Memphis, Chicago). But still, 20 in a row! Even great teams have off nights and lose to teams they shouldn't, and that just hasn't happened yet. It's the consistency that's so damn impressive.

The Sixers were equally impressive until breaking their streak the other day. (I don't actually follow the NBA, but heard it mentioned on the radio here)