The other sports thread

Eleven

So, Rhonda Rousey got KO'd in the 2nd round tonight

Best thing that could have ever happened to Women's MMA.  Not only does it set up a monster re-match that will sell a bunch of pay-per views. It gives the causal fan another point of interest in the sport. I'm sure the hardcore MMA fans know who Holly Holm is, tomorrow morning the entire world will know.   

Makes sense. Every time she tried to step into Holm she was eating Holly's knuckles.

Yeah that was noticeable. You'd think her coaches would have explained to her not to play Holms game and try to box her. Take her to the floor. I think she is the type that gets madder and madder each time she's hit till its incapacitating and totally loses her cool making any kind of defensive strategy against her counterpart impossible. In other words she sees red. I think she needed this loss. 

So what you're saying is, for the next year she's going to be a do-nothing bitch? Thanks everyone, I'm here all night!

Thats good. Forgot about that. One thing she's become known for is her big mouth and her opinion but when you finally get a stage sometimes its hard not to over do it. Perhaps she'll be a little more humble when/if she returns.She's been tryin to set up an acting career so maybe she goes in that direction. 

The Rangers won, the Angels lost, and the Astros are losing.  If the Astros lose tonight, the Rangers can clinch with a win tomorrow night against the Angels.

Jeff Banister has got to get consideration for Manager of the Year.

Well, I called it:  Jeff Banister of the Texas Rangers is the AL Manager of the Year.  A helluva job.  And the Rangers are already making moves toward next year, trading CF Leonys Matin for RP Tom Wilhelmsen.

Wow! Down go the Buckeyes at home to Michigan State.

Ohio State really isn't that good this year. They're a top-10 team but not a playoff team. First talented team they've played all year who happened to be missing their QB and they still lost.

Who does everybody have in their top four?

Barring any surprises Clemson is a lock (in fact, I think they should be in the top four even if they lose to UNC in the ACC Championship). I think OK State should jump Iowa and ND if they beat Baylor tonight, but I think the winner of Iowa and Michigan State in the Big 10 Championship game gets in over them anyways.

It will get really interesting if Alabama loses to Florida in the SEC championship game. Does Florida, who has struggled against some bad teams, get in if that happens or does it just drop Bama out and put in both the Big Ten winner and the reg. season Big 12 winner?

if Oklahoma beats Ok State next week they're in before Baylor.

And Iowa is obviously in above Michigan State if they hear them in the conference championship.

Notre Dame might get in above all those Big 12 teams.

Florida is still in the conversation if they upset Bama in the title game.

Seems like we're down to: Clemson, Bama, Notre Dame, Iowa, Michigan State, Oklahoma and Florida as teams in the conversation.

I still think an eight team playoff is the perfect number.

Edited by Hoss

Has the college football coaching carousel ever been this crazy? Mark Richt at Georgia just got fired while Georgia has the number one HS QB coming in.

Les Miles might get fired. Steve Spurrier retired mid season. Frank Beamer retired. Sean Payton, Chip Kelly and Chuck Pagano are three NFL coaches who may move to college.

USC, Miami, South Carolina, Syracuse and Va Tech (they hired somebody already) all available. LSU possibly available. This will be fun.

Georgia fired their coach because the athletic director at UGA is an . Supposedly as long as Georgia brings in a coach who will run a pro offense, Jacob Eason will still be here.  He already signed all his financial aid stuff and is supposed to be on campus for the Spring semester.