The other sports thread

Eleven

The way this season ended for the Jays reminds me of the '91 season, when they lost the ALCS to the Twins (who ended up winning the WS that year).

The '91 off season they brought in Jack Morris ... who won 21 games in '92, I think ... and Dave Winfield ... who hit the WS clinching double to score two runs.

The Jays need the 2015 off season version of those two and they will be fine.

The biggest problem in game 6 ... 0 for 12 with runners in scoring position.

Huh? USC - Utah. UCLA - CAL. Tennessee - Alabama. Duke - Virgina Tech. Texas A&M - Ole Miss.

And most importantly Georgia Tech - Florida St.

All featured ranked teams. 3 Utah, 9 Florida State, 20 Cal, 15 A&M all lost. Florida State - Georgia Tech featured one of the craziest/most unlikely final plays ever.

I wouldn't call any of them matches between great teams.  And yes I am aware of  the Fla. State upset.

Let's go Mets! Get it to Familia and win this 4-3 like the Sabres tonight :beer:

I'm sure you're a great person, but I know seven Mets fans (I've counted). My mother and a college buddy are the only two of the seven who aren't in my top ten worst people I know. I hope the Mets embarrass themselves.

I'm sure you're a great person, but I know seven Mets fans (I've counted). My mother and a college buddy are the only two of the seven who aren't in my top ten worst people I know. I hope the Mets embarrass themselves.

Thanks for the Mets hate.  It's worked really well for your Nationals and in the playoffs so far.  Keep it up! :thumbsup: 

Well I wish they would have stopped it then :(

If nothing else, this series is gonna be damn close unfortunately.  I have to work tomorrow, damn it!

Interesting to hear that the Royals tanked to get where they are.  Several top 3 picks on the roster.  Another example that hopefully bodes well for our Sabres.

These teams are so evenly matched.  Shaping up to be a great series.

You! I don't even remotely like either of these teams, and I'm sitting in my man cave right now with a bat and batting gloves on.

It just feels right.

Who are you rooting for?

These teams are so evenly matched. Shaping up to be a great series.

Who are you rooting for?

KC. Sorry.

I don't know of a single KC fan at work that I'll have to put up with. This is how I pick teams in the playoffs. Whos winning gives me less of a headache at work?

KC. Sorry.

I don't know of a single KC fan at work that I'll have to put up with. This is how I pick teams in the playoffs. Whos winning gives me less of a headache at work?

That's fine.  Everyone has their reasons.  I'm usually anybody but the Yankees and then root for the underdog.  I know you're a Yankees fan, so I can't blame you for favoring the Royals.

That's fine. Everyone has their reasons. I'm usually anybody but the Yankees and then root for the underdog. I know you're a Yankees fan, so I can't blame you for favoring the Royals.

It's OK, I hate Yankees fans too. They're insufferable! And 90% of em don't know !

One of my best friends is a Mets fan, and he is beyond excited for this series. It'd be nice for his team to win something, as he's also a Jet fan and an Islanders fan (he's young, the Isles have been irrelevant his entire life). Trouble is, this friend is one of the best smack talkers I've ever heard. I already have to deal with it 2 weeks out of the year in football season. I can't take nonstop jibber jabber until April.

######! Off to bed. Should have known with my teams. I've stayed up late for the Bills, Sabres, Mets, Orange, Cavs and they all usually let me down in the end

The first 3 and the last oneone, obviously. However, for that 4th one, there was that one time!

Good game 1. Entertaining the whole way. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

That game was awesome, it had it all. I felt bad for my buddy who's a Mets fan watching it with us though; he was unbelievably calm for his team in the WS, especially given how into sports and the Mets he is. Better man than I; if the Sabres went to the Cup I'd shut myself in my room to watch it