Sabres HARBORcenter updates

sabills

Can we put an (OT) on this thread? WTF does it have to do with the Sabres?

*grumpy

A place to hold combine for drafting, the Sabres development camp facility, a training facility, accommodations for opposing teams, maybe the video and analytic offices will be there. Why so grumpy about this?

A place to hold combine for drafting, the Sabres development camp facility, a training facility, accommodations for opposing teams, maybe the video and analytic offices will be there. Why so grumpy about this?

I think PA may have hemorrhoids or an irritable bowel. :sick:

And for Battista to plan and stage his "behind the scenes" chicanery.

And for Battista to plan and stage his "behind the scenes" chicanery.

It's not behind the scenes, man, it's right there! Don't you see it man?

And by "it" I mean that dot in the sky which is so obviously an alien spaceship observing us, ready to abduct at a moment's notice.

And millions in tax subsidies while season ticket prices increase once again for one of the worst teams in the modern era.....

It's not behind the scenes, man, it's right there! Don't you see it man?

And by "it" I mean that dot in the sky which is so obviously an alien spaceship observing us, ready to abduct at a moment's notice.

I did see some weird contrails today. That's a thing too, I think.

Edited by PASabreFan

And how many points a season is that all worth? I know you hate when I do this, but IMHO this project is 5% about the Sabres, 70% about Terry's vision for growing hockey in the U.S. and 25% cha-ching.

And millions in tax subsidies while season ticket prices increase once again for one of the worst teams in the modern era.....

37 Million in tax breaks for a something that might bring over 50 million in tax revenue over 10 years.

There are worse deals.

5 decades we've seen Buffalo sit on its hands....so finally something to point to. I'm not cynical yet.

And how many points a season is that all worth?

I know you hate when I do this, but IMHO this project is 5% about the Sabres, 70% about Terry's vision for growing hockey in the U.S. and 25% cha-ching.

Points per season...who knows? But it will certainly be part of the downtown, Sabres, and the game-day experiences of thousands.

I would dispute the percentages, but I see nothing wrong with any of those things.

I certainly hope it makes money.

But thanks for answering the question. (I mean that, I was just curious).

Edited by X. Benedict

• 2 weeks later...

If the City can just close the Skyway for a bicycle ride then there's no reason we can't discontinue its use permanently.

They close Delaware Avenue for a marathon every year, but we certainly need that.

Not a fan of the Skyway, personally, but the logic wasn't too strong with that one!

That looks like a great ride.

Edited by Eleven

They close Delaware Avenue for a marathon every year, but we certainly need that.

Not a fan of the Skyway, personally, but the logic wasn't too strong with that one!

That looks like a great ride.

It spends half the winter closed too. Impractical.

If the City can just close the Skyway for a bicycle ride then there's no reason we can't discontinue its use permanently.

Sorry, that's BS. :) Kelly Drive and/or MLK Drive in Philly are closed on a fairly regular basis for events but they're very useful roads otherwise. West Side Highway in Manhattan is regularly closed for various runs and walks too.

Not that I'm equating the usefulness of those three roads and the Skyway, mind you!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.