It's not over.

wonderbread

Thread recap:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???!!

Seriously? EPIC FAIL.

The Japanese bombed Pear Harbor. Normally I would not care about a fact like this but it was and is one of the most important events in American history. The Japanese fleet bombed pearl harbor.

OMG Liger's never seen Animal House. O. M. G.

I actually dislike animal house... sorry. :cry:

Seriously? EPIC FAIL.

Normally I would not care about a fact like this but it was and is one of the most important events in American history.

Seriously? EPIC FAIL.

The Japanese bombed Pear Harbor. Normally I would not care about a fact like this but it was and is one of the most important events in American history. The Japanese fleet bombed pearl harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqQAf74fsE

My God, he didn't ... There is a generation of Americans who feel that movie line scores only slightly lower on any list of "the most important events in American history".

My God, he didn't ... There is a generation of Americans who feel that movie line scores only slightly lower on any list of "the most important events in American history".

Thank God Hollywood isn't necessarily a true representation of history. I can't help but think that future generations will think that Leo did actually proclaim ' I'm the king of the world ' on the bow of the Titanic. So many already do base their historic beliefs on the hollywood-isation of the facts as it is.

Thank God Hollywood isn't necessarily a true representation of history. I can't help but think that future generations will think that Leo did actually proclaim ' I'm the king of the world ' on the bow of the Titanic. So many already do base their historic beliefs on the hollywood-isation of the facts as it is.

Good point! I am reminded of Joe Biden speaking about the President's authorization of Seal Team Six taking out Bin Laden. "You can go back 500 years". "You cannot find a more audacious plan". That would be news to the organizers of D Day, or to Bonaparte on the eve of his invasion of Russia.

This is rich, I just hit HS when Animal House came out and then proceeded to live it four years later at Geneseo State. Liger/Flounder you have no idea what drunken debauchery you are misinterpreting. Kinda of like if you remember the 60s you were either too young or not there. I was too young...

Animal House was followed by another cult classic... Porkies!

This is rich, I just hit HS when Animal House came out and then proceeded to live it four years later at Geneseo State. Liger/Flounder you have no idea what drunken debauchery you are misinterpreting. Kinda of like if you remember the 60s you were either too young or not there. I was too young...

Animal House was followed by another cult classic... Porkies!

I've always thought that PCU was an underated movie.

A lot of my friends can quote it on demand too. The problem stems from the generation proceeding ours (think the early 90's kids...yeah...those ones).

Nope. Born in '93 and I'm right there with the rest of you. My generation is pretty pathetic about these things, though so it's likely that I'm in the minority :cry:

Archived