It's not over.

wonderbread

This is rich, I just hit HS when Animal House came out and then proceeded to live it four years later at Geneseo State. Liger/Flounder you have no idea what drunken debauchery you are misinterpreting. Kinda of like if you remember the 60s you were either too young or not there. I was too young...

Animal House was followed by another cult classic... Porkies!

If you cannot be an athlete, at least be an athletic supporter! :thumbsup:

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Outstanding, if I do say so myself.

Outstanding, if I do say so myself.

Now there was a guy (Churchill) that had big brass cojones. Stared down the barrel of the German war machine and didn't flinch. That's the kind of team that needs to play the next two games.

Now there was a guy that had big brass cojones. Stared down the barrel of the German war machine and didn't flinch. That's the kind of team that needs to play the next two games.

He also had the guts to call it for what it was, eloquently and consistently, and not be moved by shifting political winds.

There was a great biography about him called "The Last Lion" by William Manchester. Pretty long, but very well written and informative. Highly recommended.

He also had the guts to call it for what it was, eloquently and consistently, and not be moved by shifting political winds.

There was a great biography about him called "The Last Lion" by William Manchester. Pretty long, but very well written and informative. Highly recommended.

Yep, I've read it. He had (at least) three different political careers and in between was considered washed up and would never be relevant again. Kind of like the Sabres on Feb. 19....

What if Rick doesn't come back? :(

Ted Black was on GR this morning saying that RJ thought he skipped too many games this year; he was too fresh / rested, so I'd be shocked if RJ isn't back next year and calling a handful of extra games. (Not counting playoffs, obviously. ;))

Ted Black was on GR this morning saying that RJ thought he skipped too many games this year; he was too fresh / rested, so I'd be shocked if RJ isn't back next year and calling a handful of extra games. (Not counting playoffs, obviously. ;))

Well that made me feel a little better :)

Its over and the run amounts to nada but man was it fun to watch and follow along. It salvaged for me what amounts to a lost season and I actually started to like watching the game again. In the end its the same ending we've witnessed all too often with this franchise and with the man in charge. I'll give Regier credit. I think he did real good at the deadline but it would take a whole hell of a lot more than that to endear me to him after 15 years of this.

Unfortunately it won't be over for lindy nothing will change till he is shown the door the style of play and coaching is old and stale

Missing great scoring opportunities and not burying the puck. That's what's old and stale.

The Sabres needed d-men and Regier got those.

The Sabres needed a center and Regier got one.

The Sabres needed another first round pick, he got another one. Want to fire him?

Missing great scoring opportunities and not burying the puck. That's what's old and stale.

The Sabres needed d-men and Regier got those.

The Sabres needed a center and Regier got one.

The Sabres needed another first round pick, he got another one. Want to fire him?

The sabres needed to get into the playoffs and make some noise. Nada. With the leagues highest payroll. Just sayin

The sabres needed to get into the playoffs and make some noise. Nada. With the leagues highest payroll. Just sayin

Unacceptable. I think most agree that it should cost LR and/or DR their jobs. Except Pegula / Black have told us it won't. So there you have it. All we can do is hope that tweaks to the roster that are accomplished this offseason serve to wake this friggin team up.

I'm okay with it being over. After last night's game, it became apparent to me that as good as the Sabres played over the stretch run, they still would not have gone far in the playoffs. It was a great run, but it's over, and I'm okay with it. TPegs learned a lot about being an owner and I expect improvement next year from the top down.

Archived