GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Lucic is still a pos, but wtf... where were these Sabres since??? the Lucic hit on Miller. Even the 4th line played well and Goose wasn't depended upon to play half the game. Stafford still needs to go, but at least his trade value went up. Get a first for him Marcy.

You're not being condescending enough. Surely you can do better than that.

Have you heard the NBC guys crediting Patrick with the line match ups? Have you not heard them comment on certain players getting more ice time than usual? Don't tell me you're going to poo-poo line match ups, ice time, and strategic decisions that can only be called from the bench?

You mean to say the voice of the leader on the bench is insignificant?

Tut-tut, you would be really stretching the truth to deny Patrick his influence tonight.

And Stafford scores!

Go ahead, look at the TOI for each player and compare it to their season average if it floats your boat. Just for fun I checked Kaleta's. He had 13:20 tonight, his season average? Right around there, maybe even higher. He has only 4 games in single digits, and appears to average 12-16. Feel free to research some other examples of different guys getting more than their usual ice time. Looking at the box score I'm going to go ahead and say guys played their season averages.

Line match ups? Once again, feel free to be more specific as to who was on against who. But keep in mind, doing so will require you provide evidence that Ruff wouldn't have done the same thing.

I get it, a contingent of fans hate Ruff, everything he does is wrong, and everything that goes right has nothing to do with him. People who want him fired examine everything through a biased lens, interpreting what they see in ways that will reinforce their preconceived notions. I'm simply asking for evidence, outside of biased conjecture, to support that position.

Go ahead, look at the TOI for each player and compare it to their season average if it floats your boat. Just for fun I checked Kaleta's. He had 13:20 tonight, his season average? Right around there, maybe even higher. He has only 4 games in single digits, and appears to average 12-16. Feel free to research some other examples of different guys getting more than their usual ice time. Looking at the box score I'm going to go ahead and say guys played their season averages.

Line match ups? Once again, feel free to be more specific as to who was on against who. But keep in mind, doing so will require you provide evidence that Ruff wouldn't have done the same thing.

I get it, a contingent of fans hate Ruff, everything he does is wrong, and everything that goes right has nothing to do with him. People who want him fired examine everything through a biased lens, interpreting what they see in ways that will reinforce their preconceived notions. I'm simply asking for evidence, outside of biased conjecture, to support that position.

Don't bother. Trust me on this one. You're right, but you cannot win this argument against the truly devoted. It's like trying to explain to Karl Rove that Iraq didn't have nukes.

That was fun. Excellent hockey game all around. Kaleta with a career type night and great effort all game! We can't just take a loss to one of the top teams because there isn't much time to get back in the playoff race. We needed this win.

Why must there always be something to argue about? I get that this is a message board but ###### man, we just destroyed our biggest rivals 6-0. Just shut up and enjoy the damn win for once without bringing other crap into it. Save it for off-days if you MUST bring these things up.

I generally agree with this assessment. Having Ennis play center effectively on a second line really helped the Sabres tonight. They have not had a second line center that could move the puck out of their own end with speed until he got back. They still need another with some size, but having 2 is a lot better than just one Roy. who I wouldn't call first line center either.

Why must there always be something to argue about? I get that this is a message board but ###### man, we just destroyed our biggest rivals 6-0. Just shut up and enjoy the damn win for once without bringing other crap into it. Save it for off-days if you MUST bring these things up.

Amen. What a fun game to watch!

They lost the fights but won the war. Boston got off of their game and focused too much on trying to be tough. The Sabres stepped up and got it done - hopefully this game makes them come together as a team where everybody stands up for each other even if it means getting creamed, like the old days.

Word

Go ahead, look at the TOI for each player ... simply asking for evidence, outside of biased conjecture, to support that position.

Let's step back and take a different route here, shall we? Let's shall.

Have you seen the Sabres play such an inspired game yet this season?

I'm going with the last five and the first two. Loving all of them. Trying very hard to forget the months of December and January. Other than Christmas and crappy bowl games, what are those months really good for, anyway?

Forget the arguing, there's a contingent of fans around here that are rooting for the Sabres to lose so as not to improve their position too much in the standings. This game is gonna piss them off.

GO SABRES!!!

How did I know everyone was going to make this into a "coaching controversy" if the Sabres won? Lindy Ruff was STILL the head coach -- his lines, his match ups, his game plan. There was just a different face behind the bench, taking commands from Ruff through an ear-piece (as Versus pointed out). Certainly there were little things that Patrick had to do himself, but it was still Ruff calling the shots.

And to answer your question, yes. Last time they played Boston was an equally inspiring game that ended in a shootout loss (or OT, can't remember). But just as entertaining with fights, goals, big hits, etc.

Forget the arguing, there's a contingent of fans around here that are rooting for the Sabres to lose so as not to improve their position too much in the standings. This game is gonna piss them off.

GO SABRES!!!

That too. Don't get me started on THAT. I'm a Suns fan too and read this CONSTANTLY on the board I visit for them. Absolutely sickening thought.

Archived