GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Game is on NBC Sports.

Who's Hot: Marchand has 3 goals and 3 assists over the Bruins' last six games. Gaustad has 2 goals and 2 assists over the Sabres' last three games. Miller is 3-0-1 in his last four starts, giving up just five goals during that span with a .959 save percentage and a 1.18 goals against average.

Sabres have earned points in the last 8 home games.

I have absolutely no delusions of grandeur for the Sabres regarding this game. The Bruins are in a mini slump and have had several days off. They are licking their chops over this game and will be looking to take the wood to Buffalo. They will be expecting the usual cowering, pansy response to their shenanigans.

A hard fought, playoff-type game from both teams, regardless of the outcome, would be great to see. Come on, Sabres, show us something good!

i saw lucic in the team's hotel lobby last night (after visiting the office tower that adjoins the embassy suites). he was lounging in a chair, yawning and apparently waiting for teammates to arrive from their rooms so that they could go eat. as i got within ~10 feet of him, i said (in a clearly jokey way (i'm not an idiot)), "hey, milan. we're coming to get our lunch money back, sooner or later." he furrowed his brow (and that's a lot of brow) and gave me a "huh?" look. i kept walking (again, i'm not an idiot), passed him, and so had to turn around to see him understand the crack and break out into a self-satisfied smirk. something verbal-ish came out of his mouth, but i think it was just something like "aaannnhhhhhhaaaaaaahhaa."

I wouldn't mind if someone absolutely destroyed Thomas tonight. It would be even better if their sole intention the second they stepped on the ice was blowing him up in the crease; step off the bench, skate right to him, and hit him. It would be even better if during their meating with Shamahan, they said they were just trying to play the puck, and when they looked up, he was right there and they couldn't stop.

I wouldn't mind if someone absolutely destroyed Thomas tonight. It would be even better if their sole intention the second they stepped on the ice was blowing him up in the crease; step off the bench, skate right to him, and hit him. It would be even better if during their meating with Shamahan, they said they were just trying to play the puck, and when they looked up, he was right there and they couldn't stop.

I'm definitely NOT in agreement with you on this. First, I like Thomas and I most certainly respect him. I don't think taking runs at players solves anything. Those are acts reserved for cowards. All I would ask is that the Sabres go out tonight and hit everything in sight. Play hard, finish every check, and do everything in your power to flat out embarrass the Bruins on the score sheet. Showing you can throw punches is nice but showing that you can take a punch and still get the W is better... and doing it in style is even better than that!

I'll be at the game tonight... probably my only game of the year... cannot wait.

I'm definitely NOT in agreement with you on this. First, I like Thomas and I most certainly respect him. I don't think taking runs at players solves anything. Those are acts reserved for cowards. All I would ask is that the Sabres go out tonight and hit everything in sight. Play hard, finish every check, and do everything in your power to flat out embarrass the Bruins on the score sheet. Showing you can throw punches is nice but showing that you can take a punch and still get the W is better... and doing it in style is even better than that!

I'll be at the game tonight... probably my only game of the year... cannot wait.

Have fun with that. Enjoy watching your team miss the playoffs in style.

Sometimes an eye for an eye goes a long way.

Looking forward to this one, I dont think that the Sabres should go out and play "Slap Shot" But I really do want them to go toe to toe with the B's. In the last game here, they really stepped up and played the type of game they need in order to win. Unfortunatley, they lost that game and a million after that.

I have a sliver of hope remaining about the playoffs and a win tonight may turn that sliver into a handfull of hope.

That said....4-2 Boston

Think the Bruins will be looking for Buffalo to still prove they are tough enough, and will try to goad the boys into some real stupid penalties. Having said that, run that boy if the puck is within 10 ft of him...with Ruff on the shelf Patrick can say all his fault.

I would LOVE to see the Sabres beat the Bruins, but i'm just asking for at least a point tonight, and to at least look good while doing it ;)

I have absolutely no delusions of grandeur for the Sabres regarding this game. The Bruins are in a mini slump and have had several days off. They are licking their chops over this game and will be looking to take the wood to Buffalo. They will be expecting the usual cowering, pansy response to their shenanigans.

A hard fought, playoff-type game from both teams, regardless of the outcome, would be great to see. Come on, Sabres, show us something good!

For the last 4 games, they have played *almost* like a play-off-worthy team. Their rank in the standings notwithstanding, I think they're starting to show that they're a better team than indicated by their last 2-3 months of playing. Tonight's game is the perfect litmus test. You think the Bruins are licking their chops? I can almost guarantee you that the Sabres' calendar has had this date circled in red for a long, long time. Boston can expect "all the usual cowering, pansy response" they want; I think they're going to be surprised, and they're going to be eating a lot of crow.

I would love to see a blood-bath with multiple fights and full-team on-ice brawls (a la Senators when Neil ran Drury). I expect one point as a bare minimum. The Sabres, if they pull if off, will win this in the most brutal fashion. Injuries will occur on both sides of the puck.

This game ... holy frickin' Moses. I can't wait to see how this game plays out.

Final: 4-3 Sabres.

I did not sell tonight's game as this will be the first time Miller is in net since the incident (I believe). No way is this not a close game being at home, against Boston, where one point will not be enough. If there was ever a game where the near impossible chance of making a playoff run was to extend a few more games, TONIGHT is that game. Should be a good atmosphere again....

My life does not ride on whether the Sabres win or lose. I'm not going to be bothered either way. Whatever the Sabres do will not impact what I need to deal with tomorrow morning. Missing the playoffs is not what I would want for them but if it happens so be it.

You don't go toe to toe with a heavyweight. You find another way. Only the ignorant try to beat an opponent in ways they are not equipped to win. The Sabres cannot outhit the Bruins. They cannot outfight the Bruins. They cannot outbully the Bruins. It's not possible, period. They can take a cheap shot at someone and that guy will be ejected (because the refs will be looking for that) and what have they accomplished? The Bruins will laugh. Now the Sabres are down a player, presumably one of the "tougher" players and they will continue to play their game and the Sabres will be bounced all over the ice. The Sabres can say, "Well, at least we ran the guy." Woo hoo, Pyrrhic victory!

I'm not saying they can't be physical, they absolutely need to put bodies on bodies, but pound for pound the Bruins can rag doll the Sabres. However, if the Sabres begin putting the puck in the net it sends a much stronger message. It says that despite everything you are built on, we can find a way to beat you.

I don't expect the Sabres to win tonight. I think the Bruins are one of the best built teams the league has seen in awhile. They've got an outstanding goalie tandem, they have a very physical defense, and they have forwards who have great chemistry and can control the puck. There's a reason they are at the top of the league. They are near the top in goals scored and near the bottom in goals allowed. First in Goals/Game and 4th in Goals Allowed/Game. They are a dominant team.

My life does not ride on whether the Sabres win or lose. I'm not going to be bothered either way. Whatever the Sabres do will not impact what I need to deal with tomorrow morning. Missing the playoffs is not what I would want for them but if it happens so be it.

I'm learning that thing about my life not riding on it. But serious, the outcome will not bother you either way?!

What are the odds that we'll see a replay of the Lucic hit on Miller tonight within the first 5 minutes of the broadcast ? I think that they'll show it in the first 2 minutes, I'm really getting sick of seeing that thing.

What will be the over under tonight during the broadcast including pre and post game? 8's my guess.

You don't go toe to toe with a heavyweight. You find another way. Only the ignorant try to beat an opponent in ways they are not equipped to win. The Sabres cannot outhit the Bruins. They cannot outfight the Bruins. They cannot outbully the Bruins. It's not possible, period. They can take a cheap shot at someone and that guy will be ejected (because the refs will be looking for that) and what have they accomplished? The Bruins will laugh. Now the Sabres are down a player, presumably one of the "tougher" players and they will continue to play their game and the Sabres will be bounced all over the ice. The Sabres can say, "Well, at least we ran the guy." Woo hoo, Pyrrhic victory!

I'm not saying they can't be physical, they absolutely need to put bodies on bodies, but pound for pound the Bruins can rag doll the Sabres. However, if the Sabres begin putting the puck in the net it sends a much stronger message. It says that despite everything you are built on, we can find a way to beat you.

I don't expect the Sabres to win tonight. I think the Bruins are one of the best built teams the league has seen in awhile. They've got an outstanding goalie tandem, they have a very physical defense, and they have forwards who have great chemistry and can control the puck. There's a reason they are at the top of the league. They are near the top in goals scored and near the bottom in goals allowed. First in Goals/Game and 4th in Goals Allowed/Game. They are a dominant team.

So, I want my team to hit someone, when we know they won't, and you want them to score, when we know they can't. Got it.

At least in my scenerio, Thomas would have been hit.

The Bruins are looking for a cure to the thing that ails them right now and I think they probably can't wait to lay waste to their biatch. Winning and confidence are self perpetuating and thats what they see this game as. That being said the Sabres are starting to feel a little of that swagger again as well. I think the B's have proven they are the better club and if they outhit and outmuscle the Sabres they will win. If they do I hope it doesn't have the effect of setting the Sabres back like the Lucic incident did. 3-1 Bruins. I hope I'm wrong. GO SABRES!

I can dig the sentiment, however I think Thomas is the wrong target. I would feel better about the Sabres, even with the season in the tank, if they blew up Lucic or Chara.

Yes, yes, I understand that there is "no one on the team who can do that..." - is there? I dunno, Myers has shown in the past he some suppressed anger that is very nasty when it bubbles to the surface. I think he could hurt Lucic and stand up to Chara. If Stafford could channel his angst and turn it into on-ice rage, he could easily hurt Marchand. Ehrhoff can be fierce when he wants to, and obviously there's Weber. The latter two are big boys who can do damage if they wanted to.

Clearly, I'm day-dreaming here, but this is what I want to see. The Bruins are the Sabres foil this season, and it would behoove the Sabres to turn the Bruins into an ENEMY.

Archived