GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Enlighten us, what quick decisions and adjustments has Patrick made that Julien was unable to account to? Go ahead now, don't be afraid to be specific. While you're at it, conspicuously forget to mention that we're being out-shot 12-5 in the 3rd and seem like we just want the clock to run out....with Patrick still the general.

Edit: Oh and while you're at it, feel free to berate Patrick for only playing Adam 9 minutes and not having him center the top line.

Have you heard the NBC guys crediting Patrick with the line match ups? Have you not heard them comment on certain players getting more ice time than usual? Don't tell me you're going to poo-poo line match ups, ice time, and strategic decisions that can only be called from the bench?

You mean to say the voice of the leader on the bench is insignificant?

Tut-tut, you would be really stretching the truth to deny Patrick his influence tonight.

And Stafford scores!

No. They are exactly as good as the season they've produced, which is not nearly good enough. Nobody else "did this to them." They failed -- over and over -- to deliver what they were supposed to deliver, which is why they are 1 point out of last place in the EC. And their 3 recent wins against the Habs, Islanders and Devils -- 2 of which were in the shootout -- don't change a GD thing.

It hasn't been remarked on much (and rightly so), but in the Miller-Lucic game, Kaleta absolutely destroyed Chara with a huge check. He's capable of doing the same to Lucic, and I suspect he'll be looking for the opportunity.

And I'd like to see it too.

Yah? and how about now? They have to start somewhere. They took the Rangers to a 0-0 shoot-out loss. They JUST beat Boston 6-0.

They ARE better than their record indicates. They just proved it. Injuries have sucked them dry, and now they're reaping the rewards of a full, healthy, PHYSICAL team.

In his first game against Boston since calling Lucic a POS, Miller gets the shutout.

Good point. Miller couldn't have had a better personal response to the Lucic hit. I'm not sure it will do much to excorcize the demons of that game, but it's a start.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived