GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Really? When is the last time they played like this for Ruff?

Last week against the Rangers for one.

When was the last time they played like this for themselves is the better question. But that line of thinking doesn't fit your preconceived agenda.

GO SABRES!!!

Last week against the Rangers for one.

When was the last time they played like this for themselves is the better question. But that line of thinking doesn't fit your preconceived agenda.

GO SABRES!!!

They had as many hits in that entire game as they have through two periods tonight. I don't believe they even had a fighting major in that game.

They had as many hits in that entire game as they have through two periods tonight. I don't believe they even had a fighting major in that game.

Right, because the be all and end all measuring stick for every game is hits and fighting majors. The fact that they played their ###### off against a Rangers team in a style that is completely different than what's needed against this Boston team this season, is lost on you. The effort was every bit as good and consistent that game as well.

Like I said, preconceived agenda.

We get it, Lindy sucks as a coach and ANYBODY, even a guy who's had a hand in EVERY practice and EVERY game this season, is a much better coach.

When Lucic ran over Miller, the NBC crew did all they could to label the Sabres as gutless. Now that they're pushing back and playing physical, the same crew is implying that the Sabres should back off so that they don't rile up the Bruins.

WTF?

Is anyone else thinking that Boston is gonna bring the thuggery in the 3rd, or is it just me? I'm getting the sense that this game is headed towards Boston-Montreal from late last season. :cry:

Oh, yeah. They'll be sending a message big time in the third. They almost have to given the tenor of the season series to date.

GO SABRES!!!

Is anyone else thinking that Boston is gonna bring the thuggery in the 3rd, or is it just me? I'm getting the sense that this game is headed towards Boston-Montreal from late last season. :cry:

Absolutely concerned about this. Perfect time for Boston Bitchmade Behavior.

Fine with me, as long as no one gets hurt. You don't have to actually win the fights to bond as a team.

Friggin' Kaleta proved that you can fight Lucic and live to talk about it. If Gaustad had Kaleta's heart, we'd have a guy who could hurt Lucic.

When Lucic ran over Miller, the NBC crew did all they could to label the Sabres as gutless. Now that they're pushing back and playing physical, the same crew is implying that the Sabres should back off so that they don't rile up the Bruins.

WTF?

I thought the same thing. When it was mentioned they should backoff I scoffed and said aloud they should crush their collective wind pipes.

Right, because the be all and end all measuring stick for every game is hits and fighting majors. The fact that they played their ###### off against a Rangers team in a style that is completely different than what's needed against this Boston team this season, is lost on you. The effort was every bit as good and consistent that game as well.

We get it, Lindy sucks as a coach and ANYBODY, even a guy who's had a hand in EVERY practice and EVERY game this season, is a much better coach.

It's too funny reading how many fans refuse to recognize that when this team is playing well they are playing tougher and more physical. It is the biggest difference in play over this last stretch of games.

I'm expecting it. And I hope the Sabres are too.

I also hope they continue to play like they don't care.

If there's one way to describe their play tonight, it is "fearless".

Some might say they are playing like this because their coach is injured and they have been playing better lately and everyone except for you understands that.

I've said that twice already this thread. It's obvious. All you have to do is connect the dots.

GO SABRES!!!

who is rolling the lines

Maybe it's time to keep Lindy up high with a mic like an Offensive Coordinator and let Jim Pat run the bench?

Honestley, this may be the best thing all season for them, because Lindy had a chance to watch them from the box and see what works, and doesn't. He will be bringing a fresh prespective back.

Whatever it is that's motivating them to play like this, who knows, but I love seeing Patrick and Teppo behind the bench instead of that sullen look of Lindy. Myers showed a little aggression towards Lucic in that scrum near the end of the period, don't know if Tyler can fight but he's big enough to put a hurt on if he connected with a punch. Sabres still out hitting the Bruins 14 - 13.

WGR's intermission basically just mocked the idea that the players are playing for anyone other than Ruff (they are anticipating the post-game callers). They noted that this is Ruff's game plan for tonight.

As for Boston thuggery in the third, yeah, that's not unlikely. If it happens, send 8 or 37 into Thomas. HARD.

Fine with me, as long as no one gets hurt. You don't have to actually win the fights to bond as a team.

Friggin' Kaleta proved that you can fight Lucic and live to talk about it. If Gaustad had Kaleta's heart, we'd have a guy who could hurt Lucic.

I appreciate the spirit of your post, but Gaustad is too skinny to put a hurtin' on Lucic. He'd get pummeled but he will have proved the point. It ain't winning the fight. Hell, it's not even starting the fight. It's all in the not backing down.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived