GDT: Bruins at Sabres 2/8/12 7:30PM

spndnchz

Do you seriously think that this being James Patrick's first game as a head coach has nothing to do with it?

Yes. It has NOTHING to do with it, and on top of it, James Patrick's first game as a head coach is not tonight. Lindy Ruff is the head coach. He's just not behind the bench.

Do you seriously think that this being James Patrick's first game as a head coach has nothing to do with it?

No I don't. But that's really besides the point. The point is that 1 game is proof of nothing, in fact, it means less than nothing. If I have a gut feeling about a scratch off lottery ticket, buy it and win 10 grand...am I psychic? Of course not, and if I insinuated I was because of that one purchase, that would be utterly ridiculous.

It's foolish to think Lindy doesn't have a means of communication with the bench. I mean, c'mon. Dude's still the freakin' head coach.

He's in Teppo's earpiece. But at best he can only provide insight and Patrick can use if he wants. This is Patrick's show.

Stafford with a busted up nose. First time in his life?

Lindy is not on the bench, period. He may be advising Patrick, he may have blessed the game-plan, but the General on the field is Patrick. It's the General in the battle with his men who leads and inspires.

Haha!

A reminder how much fun hockey can be to watch when the team plays like they care.

This is probably the first time you've rooted for a win in quite some time; I'm glad you're having fun with it.

EDIT: Nah, I'll take that one back.

This is probably the first time you've rooted for a win in quite some time; I'm glad you're having fun with it.

I always route for a win, I'm just more honest about them.

Consistent efforts like tonight can bring real success. Problem is I think we have seen this show before.

Derek Roy just won a puck battle.

I'm gonna go finish off my bucket list before the rain of fire starts.

Ha--I said something similar last week when Stafford went into the corner for a puck. Didn't come out with it, but he actually went in.

Archived