Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

------

Funny side note to this. Everything I'm saying about lakers is just whet I've seen from my friends. I've never caught one. :lol: Every time we go I only catch steelhead and my friend jokingly gets pissed and just shakes his head.

Now that is funny.

In my experience lake trout=walleye=catfish as far as fight goes.  Head shakes and weight.

Steelhead are where its at.  I won't see any steelies until probably October when they start staging near shore.  Until then its browns and bass for me.

Now that is funny.

In my experience lake trout=walleye=catfish as far as fight goes.  Head shakes and weight.

Steelhead are where its at.  I won't see any steelies until probably October when they start staging near shore.  Until then its browns and bass for me.

I really have to move. When I lived on (and several times a year, in) the Hackensack, it was bullheads and carp until I could get back to WNY.

Fishing is awesome.

Edited by SwampD

So, at work we have a Foosball table and a Hoop Fever basketball machine in the break room.

I get on break and one of the maintenance guys is also on break and he is chucking basketballs at the metal plate under the basket of the Hoop Fever machine. It's making an unbearable racket and he's doing it on purpose, to protest the Valet guys playing on it while he's trying to relax on his break.

I then proceeded to play 16 games in a row. I can't feel my shoulder right now and I'm sweating like a hooker in church, but I ruined that dingle berry's break!

Edited by ubkev

I donated platelets today. Was my first time, didn't realize the importance of such donations. I'm AB+ so that makes me a universal donor. They said my donation will be good for two to three patients. The platelets usually go to cancer patients undergoing chemo who can't make their own. Very humbled, very thankful I could help. Going back monthly to donate.

I donated platelets today. Was my first time, didn't realize the importance of such donations. I'm AB+ so that makes me a universal donor. They said my donation will be good for two to three patients. The platelets usually go to cancer patients undergoing chemo who can't make their own. Very humbled, very thankful I could help. Going back monthly to donate.

That really is awesome man.

That is, indeed, awesome.

This is too, but nowhere near Inky in awesomeness ...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/rush-makes-the-cover-of-rolling-stone-finally-1.3114055

Just curious. Did your calves deflate? Or same size? 

(you are a good man). 

Good man.

That reminds me of a funny situation:  when I was in college, students who were low on cash would on occasion donate various bodily fluids for cash.  The big prize was donating bone marrow.  I was too much of a chicken to do it, and I think the extraction techniques have come a long way since then, but at the time it was described to me by a donor as "$300 in exchange for 60 seconds of by far the most excruciating pain in your life." 

Good man.

That reminds me of a funny situation:  when I was in college, students who were low on cash would on occasion donate various bodily fluids for cash.  The big prize was donating bone marrow.  I was too much of a chicken to do it, and I think the extraction techniques have come a long way since then, but at the time it was described to me by a donor as "$300 in exchange for 60 seconds of by far the most excruciating pain in your life." 

sounds like the prostate exam that never ends. 

They do a ton of conferences here where doctors from all over the country come and give talks about specific topics.  Most of the time I never think twice about them and don't even look at the announcements.  Today I just happened to catch a sign out of the corner of my eye.  A doctor I used to work with on just about everything 5-10 years ago but never actually met is giving a talk at noon in our building.  It'll be good to put a face to the name so many years later.

Ramadan.

It will start when the new moon is sighted and end 29, or 30, days latter when the next new moon is sighted.

The new moon was calculated to arrive at 11:07 AM this morning in Halifax.  So, it is extremely unlikely that anyone will actually see any part of the new moon before sunset today ... our days start at sunset.

It is possible that a verifiable moon sighting may happen at some point on the planet tomorrow, which will mean Ramadan will start tomorrow at sunset and the first fasting day will be Thursday.

If the moon is not sighted tomorrow Ramadan will start at sunset on Thursday (18th) and the first fasting day will be on Friday.

Either way I will be signing off in a few minutes and start my annual Internet fast, as I do every year during Ramadan, today. 

See you in a month, when my first post upon my return will be in this thread and will convey how awesome Eid al-Fitr is.  By that time the draft will be history and we will be well into free agency.

Enjoy the draft and free agency.

Salaam / Peace.

Ramadan.

It will start when the new moon is sighted and end 29, or 30, days latter when the next new moon is sighted.

The new moon was calculated to arrive at 11:07 AM this morning in Halifax.  So, it is extremely unlikely that anyone will actually see any part of the new moon before sunset today ... our days start at sunset.

It is possible that a verifiable moon sighting may happen at some point on the planet tomorrow, which will mean Ramadan will start tomorrow at sunset and the first fasting day will be Thursday.

If the moon is not sighted tomorrow Ramadan will start at sunset on Thursday (18th) and the first fasting day will be on Friday.

Either way I will be signing off in a few minutes and start my annual Internet fast, as I do every year during Ramadan, today. 

See you in a month, when my first post upon my return will be in this thread and will convey how awesome Eid al-Fitr is.  By that time the draft will be history and we will be well into free agency.

Enjoy the draft and free agency.

Salaam / Peace.

Happy Fasting. Peace. 

Thanks man. I've known lots of family and friends that have needed them. This makes me feel a bit guilty though. I have the same blood type and have always wanted to give. I am just a giant sissy when it comes to needles. I was butchered by a nurse with an IV before my spinal surgery and haven't been the same since...How long was the process? I'm inspired now to kick that phobia.

Thanks man. I've known lots of family and friends that have needed them. This makes me feel a bit guilty though. I have the same blood type and have always wanted to give. I am just a giant sissy when it comes to needles. I was butchered by a nurse with an IV before my spinal surgery and haven't been the same since...How long was the process? I'm inspired now to kick that phobia.

It's about 100 minutes. Not for the needle conscious. Start with blood, usually 15-20 minutes.

It's about 100 minutes. Not for the needle conscious. Start with blood, usually 15-20 minutes.

Eesh. I've only donated blood before because the idea of plasma skeeves me out a bit. I was going to correct you on the universal donor thing, but after looking it up apparently it's different for plasma (AB+) than red cells (O-). Learned something new today. That's a rare type, though, so good on you for donating. I'm O+ and used to donate blood regularly before a couple times I almost passed out at work afterwards. Advice to iTlnSn: make sure you are fully hydrated and have eaten within the previous 4 hours (but not within 1 hr) of going! It's a small discomfort that can potentially help lots of people.

Happy Fasting. Peace. 

Peace cuz. 

Thanks.

No moon sighted, so everyone (all Muslims ... Middle East, Europe, North America ...) decided that today is the 30th day of Shaban (the month before Ramadan). There can be no month with more than 30 days, so Ramadan will start today at sunset local time, no matter where you are on the planet.  The first fasting day starts tomorrow at Fajr (dawn) local time, no matter where you are on the planet ... that's 3:34 AM in Halifax ... and we will break our fast at sunset ... 9:03 PM in Halifax.  Some long days ... I will see how it goes and I will likely break my fast by taking some water before I head home (around 4:30 PM each day) from the school were I teach .  We are to end our fast if it will cause danger to ourselves, or others, and 18 hours without water certainly would do that.  Ramadan will be either 29. or 30, days.

So, I may take a peak later today, but I will officially be back in a month starting at sunset today.

Salaam / Peace.

Thanks.

No moon sighted, so everyone (all Muslims ... Middle East, Europe, North America ...) decided that today is the 30th day of Shaban (the month before Ramadan). There can be no month with more than 30 days, so Ramadan will start today at sunset local time, no matter where you are on the planet. The first fasting day starts tomorrow at Fajr (dawn) local time, no matter where you are on the planet ... that's 3:34 AM in Halifax ... and we will break our fast at sunset ... 9:03 PM in Halifax. Some long days ... I will see how it goes and I will likely break my fast by taking some water before I head home (around 4:30 PM each day) from the school were I teach . We are to end our fast if it will cause danger to ourselves, or others, and 18 hours without water certainly would do that. Ramadan will be either 29. or 30, days.

So, I may take a peak later today, but I will officially be back in a month starting at sunset today.

Salaam / Peace.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

I had to sit through a church class this past weekend about being a godparent (don't ask). The guy teaching it looked just like Chris Farley. He even had a striped polo shirt that looked like it was straight out of Tommy Boy.

*Nelson voice* Ha ha!