Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I skated last night for the first time since I broke my leg. Putting the skates on still gives me a wave of nausea, as the metal pushes on *that* spot in the skate...

But it went really well. My stride hasn't changed. There's no pain in regular skating. Left crossovers and sudden stopping can hurt, so I have a feeling playing again may be a bit tender. But I'm skating again. The mental injury monkey is finally slipping off my back. 

On May 5, I first saw four Canada goose goslings with their mother at a local reservoir. One could have fit in the palm of my hand. Last night, almost indistinguishable from mom, they were learning to fly. There's a gravel trail, a steep bank and then the water. Mom let out a honk, went running for the edge of the bank and took off. The kids followed. They only flew about 15 feet before splashing down, but it's a start. How fast they grew boggles my mind.

I skated last night for the first time since I broke my leg. Putting the skates on still gives me a wave of nausea, as the metal pushes on *that* spot in the skate...

But it went really well. My stride hasn't changed. There's no pain in regular skating. Left crossovers and sudden stopping can hurt, so I have a feeling playing again may be a bit tender. But I'm skating again. The mental injury monkey is finally slipping off my back.

Reminds me of getting back on the bike after breaking my arm. Not easy, for sure.

I know this is schadenfreude, buy they deserve it so I don't feel bad. The scummy sellers for the last property I'd had under contract who backed out at the appraisal over $4000? Their house just came back on the market a few days ago after yet another buyer backed out. :devil:

Bought my first car* on Wednesday. The process was very smooth and I got an incredible rate. Very excited about the upgrade. So far it's smooth and I'm very excited to make it mine. A 2014 Jeep Compass with very low mileage.

*first car because my real first car was the car I drove until Wednesday and purchased for pennies on the dollar from my mother.

Bought my first car* on Wednesday. The process was very smooth and I got an incredible rate. Very excited about the upgrade. So far it's smooth and I'm very excited to make it mine. A 2014 Jeep Compass with very low mileage.

*first car because my real first car was the car I drove until Wednesday and purchased for pennies on the dollar from my mother.

Good for you, dude. Good luck with it.

It rained this morning! Honest to goodness pouring rain for a sustained period. Now, if we could only get a few more days of this, I might be able to go a few days without watering the landscaping.

I was actually really stoked when I woke up to it raining this morning, and my entire 40m commute it continued all the way East. Good to hear it was the same towards Buffalo too

Custom made cutting board in Canandaigua colors for my wife for our 11th anniversary this weekend. There is now stain or dye in this wood. All natural colors with some mineral oil for shine and protection. Hand made by a childhood friend of ours who I reconnected with over Facebook.

post-2705-0-92633000-1469489611_thumb.jpeg

Since the Fantastic thread is MIA this morning, half day today and me and my wife are grabbing lunch then heading up to Niagara Falls to wander aimlessly for a few hours. Not really as excited about the Niagara Falls part, (unless we end up riding that new zipline) but just being able to spend the afternoon with her away from work will be so nice.