Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Boy did that joke go right over your head.  :P

I get the joke. Eleven linked to an aerial photo of 1.3 million people with a caption that implies that many people have quarterbacked the Browns. WC responded to Eleven's link, so I assume what he heard about on the radio was the photo. I heard about the jersey too. What am I missing?

I get the joke. Eleven linked to an aerial photo of 1.3 million people with a caption that implies that many people have quarterbacked the Browns. WC responded to Eleven's link, so I assume what he heard about on the radio was the photo. I heard about the jersey too. What am I missing?

What jersey? 

What jersey? 

Some Browns fan has a homemade jersey with all the names of all of the team's quarterbacks since 1999 on the back. He announced on the day of the parade that he was retiring it. I thought maybe that was the quarterback "reunion" people were joking about. I remain befuddled.

Some Browns fan has a homemade jersey with all the names of all of the team's quarterbacks since 1999 on the back. He announced on the day of the parade that he was retiring it. I thought maybe that was the quarterback "reunion" people were joking about. I remain befuddled.

I think you're crossing your own wires. There's the joke about the parade being populated by Browns quarterbacks, and separately, a guy retiring an artifact of a cursed city that happens to be a jersey coated in actual Browns quarterbacks. Not sure what's befuddling you. 

The weather for this weekend. What a good way to show off the new waterfront and revitalizing city to those coming in for the draft. I know it's probably a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty great.

T-Pegs finally got his weather machine up and running. 

The weather for this weekend. What a good way to show off the new waterfront and revitalizing city to those coming in for the draft. I know it's probably a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it's still pretty great.

The guys on Sirius were excited about the 4 am bar closing time.  Use whatever you can!

After almost 11 hours, my dad is out of surgery.  No word yet on whether they had to wire his jaw and my stepmom hasn't been able to go in and see him yet, but the doctors said everything went great.  Thank God!!

After almost 11 hours, my dad is out of surgery.  No word yet on whether they had to wire his jaw and my stepmom hasn't been able to go in and see him yet, but the doctors said everything went great.  Thank God!!

Wow. Glad to hear it! Hope he has a speedy recovery! *hugs* 

good news!

Thanks, folks.  Just talked to my stepmom -- he's still groggy, but he's awake and they're going to keep him in the ICU for the first 24 hours to be safe.  And they didn't need to wire his jaw shut, which is fantastic.  :)

What kind of imbecile do you take me for? Why would I even mention that I was in Brookyln?

I went to Bagel World. Wasn't very impressed.

On 5th Ave.?  It's OK but nothing special.

Next time, I'd suggest, in order:

1.  Bagel Hole (7th Ave & 12th St.)

2.  Bergen Bagels (Bergen & Flatbush)

3.  La Bagel Delight (2 locations -- 7th Ave. & 6th St. and 7th Ave. & Carroll St.)